who will be the coordinators?

freester

Guy is in charge of pro FA signings right? If so,he should go. I actually think Modrak is pretty good. I hope he stays.

I'm willing to give Modrak a break if he really did get overridden by DJ on Orakpo vs. Maybin.

Now, Guy...did the same thing happen to him? Did DJ force his will on him also? If so, I'm

willing to cut him some slack also. If DJ left him alone, he REALLY needs to go.

guy will not be renewed when his contract is up as many people have stated. they may bring in someone from outside or elevate a scout from within to fill that void (or see if modrak wants to take on pro personnel).

modrak and nix running a draft actually makes me feel comfortable. these are two "football" junkies. guys that eat and sleep this stuff for 30,40 years. for once, i actually trust that our draft might turn out decent, especially because this past one has nix's hands all over it. maybe, just maybe, ralph got "lucky" one last time.

ok thats too much optimism for one night. soo long from okinawa...

Guy is in charge of pro FA signings right? If so,he should go. I actually think Modrak is pretty good. I hope he stays.

Guy is in charge of making recommendations and rankings of available players. He is not responsible for signing them. In fact, he has stated that many of the players he recommended were not signed and many of the players we signed were not high on his list. He did an interview with Allen Wilson a few weeks back. Same with Modrak, he recommended players. Russ, Ralph and Dick (not sure who had final say) chose to not listen.

I'm willing to give Modrak a break if he really did get overridden by DJ on Orakpo vs. Maybin.

Now, Guy...did the same thing happen to him? Did DJ force his will on him also? If so, I'm

willing to cut him some slack also. If DJ left him alone, he REALLY needs to go.

He wanted Cushing...

Guy's contract is up in May, I have a feeling his contract won't be renewed. It would be a mark against Buffalo when it comes to the Rooney Rule, much like Seattle and Washington with their coaching search...It wouldn't be a good thing to fire someone a month after you interviewed for the GM spot....

Guy is in charge of making recommendations and rankings of available players. He is not responsible for signing them. In fact, he has stated that many of the players he recommended were not signed and many of the players we signed were not high on his list. He did an interview with Allen Wilson a few weeks back. Same with Modrak, he recommended players. Russ, Ralph and Dick (not sure who had final say) chose to not listen.

Well,if that's true we don't really know how good Guy is either. I had heard about Modrak not having final say,but this is new to me about Guy. I've read enough about Modrak before and since he's been in Buffalo to feel he's a good football man. I guess we'll just have to trust Nix's judgement on Guy.

To be honest, I am willing to give both Guy and Modrak a bit of a pass, since I have too much of a feeling that Jauron had way too much say on the guys they drafted and acquired in free agency.

We have heard way too many stories of players that Modrak recommended that the coaching staff (or someone else) overruled. Modrak supposedly wanted Cushing last year, Revis the year we took Lynch, and Cutler the year we took Whitner. All of this may be wives' tales, of course -- but where there is smoke there is fire. Somehow, I think the combination of him Nix and Gailey will do a much better job of assessing talent. I don't think it is any coincidence that Nix's involvement last year helped guide one of the best drafts we have had in a decade -- even with Maybin under-performing as a rookie.

Guy's responsibility is to recommend free agents and bring them in. Afterwords it is up to the coaches (and bean counters) who they actually sign. Remember all the players that passed through Orchard Park the past few years -- and left WITHOUT contracts?

Some quotations from an article about Guy:

According to some sources, Guy was frustrated often when the team didn't go along with some of his player recommendations. But he doesn't believe he has been hindered by the team's decisions to sign or not sign veteran free agents.

"We all have our own ideas about what we think," he said. "I don't think I've been hamstrung by my present position because I know what my position has been. I know what my limits were, so I don't feel like that.

"I feel like within my position, what I've done, which is evaluate talent and give my reports and make my suggestions, I don't think I've been hamstrung. I tell them what I think and that's it. That's how it goes."

Sigh.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/911588.html?imw=Y

As far as I understand it all Guy does is look at professional talent that's out there and brings them in. He isn't the one making the signings etc. That should still fall on Nix and Wilson as far as I read things.

As far as I understand it all Guy does is look at professional talent that's out there and brings them in. He isn't the one making the signings etc. That should still fall on Nix and Wilson as far as I read things.

Yeah,after reading some of the posts in this thread,I'd be cool if Guy was retained. Sounds like these guys may not have been listened to enough. Let's hope that changes under Nix.