Since When Did Weiss Turn Down the Bills?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...your-doorstep-4

All I read was that the Bills reached out Weiss and that Weiss was interested, but that the Bills ultimately did not pursue him. Did I miss something?

TG = FAIL as of late. ;) This isn't the only story I've seen him come up lame on recently. <_< He's struggling for info and writing vague, unsubstantiated reports.

another "reporter" that likes an easy target. He's not very good at his job either. It's like they think if they call it a blog then they can forego things like research. I like how half (read: all) of his stories about the Bills showed up after they were posted on this board. Sports "Journalists" ;)

I went with the bag smiley because there is no smiley that lols hard enough.

Well, it was reported earlier (prior to the end of the season) that the Bills contacted him -- which means they wanted to talk to him about the job. Nothing came of it, presumably, so there's a pretty strong likelihood that he told him he wasn't interested. Put yourself in Weis's shoes -- Buffalo is a bad situation, and given what happened at ND, not winning in Buffalo would kill his aspirations to become a successful head coach elsewhere. That's because he probably figures that Buffalo's FO sets coaches up to fail. There's a lot of evidence to back him up.

TG = FAIL as of late. ;) This isn't the only story I've seen him come up lame on recently. <_< He's struggling for info and writing vague, unsubstantiated reports.

Yeah, right---maybe, like a real reporter, TG should put "scoops" on the wire like "Wilson unsure if Cowher interested in Bills job". And everyone here will thank him for his hard work. and contributions to this site.

Well, it was reported earlier (prior to the end of the season) that the Bills contacted him -- which means they wanted to talk to him about the job. Nothing came of it, presumably, so there's a pretty strong likelihood that he told him he wasn't interested. Put yourself in Weis's shoes -- Buffalo is a bad situation, and given what happened at ND, not winning in Buffalo would kill his aspirations to become a successful head coach elsewhere. That's because he probably figures that Buffalo's FO sets coaches up to fail. There's a lot of evidence to back him up.

I believe there was a Buffalo News story that said that Weiss was interested. This was before Buddy Nix. My assumption was that once Buddy Nix came aboard, there was no further interest in Weiss.

Edit: WIVB

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_n...t_Weis_20091227