Real or Fake?

Brand J

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing. To avoid any further disappointment, I present

I would hate for that watermelon to be my head! Or maybe... :rolleyes: But for the record, I believe in ghosts. My mother has had some experiences with them in the past, but all I've ever encountered, were voices whispering in my ear (when no one was around). It's a true story, happened when I was young, and was loud enough to wake me up. I couldn't make out the words though (wasn't English)..

If you stop the video at the 5sec. and 6 sec. points of the clip.. you can see the black outfit that the guy is wearing, as he "disappears" around the corner.. my guess is that he ducks the camera, and runs back around the corner again, to avoid the camera a second time, when the cameraman turns around.

If you stop the video at the 5sec. and 6 sec. points of the clip.. you can see the black outfit that the guy is wearing, as he "disappears" around the corner.. my guess is that he ducks the camera, and runs back around the corner again, to avoid the camera a second time, when the cameraman turns around.

Excellent call!! B-)

I don't know if this is real or fake either, but I have been watching that Ghost Adventures show on the Travel Channel, and they get some very compelling evidence at times. It's entertaining as hell, cause their approach is to antagonize the, uh, "things", and try to capture evidence of the paranormal. They recently had some device that transforms energy from outside the visible spectrum of light into something we're able to see, and they caught some really creepy images.

I've seen a couple of the other ghost shows and ended up having to call "BS", but this one is a lot of fun.

I do not believe in ghosts. The math does not work out. How many humans have lived and died on this earth since the first humans came into existance? hundreds of billions, trillions? I don't know but it is a lot.

Lets assume that 500 billion people have lived on this earth and died. If ghosts existed wouldn't we see them everywhere? Maybe not all dead people turn into ghosts (why? who the F knows). Lets assume one percent of dead people turn into ghosts. That would mean there would be 5 billion ghosts - and yet only weird red-headed (they all seem to have red hair) "mediums" or "sensitives" can see him.

It does not make sense to me.

The best show about ghosts is Ghost Hunters International. Here you have a group of Americans sitting in dark buildings in Europe speaking English to foreign ghosts and pretending they are getting answers. How dumb.

I do not believe in ghosts. The math does not work out. How many humans have lived and died on this earth since the first humans came into existance? hundreds of billions, trillions? I don't know but it is a lot.

Lets assume that 500 billion people have lived on this earth and died. If ghosts existed wouldn't we see them everywhere? Maybe not all dead people turn into ghosts (why? who the F knows). Lets assume one percent of dead people turn into ghosts. That would mean there would be 5 billion ghosts - and yet only weird red-headed (they all seem to have red hair) "mediums" or "sensitives" can see him.

It does not make sense to me.

The best show about ghosts is Ghost Hunters International. Here you have a group of Americans sitting in dark buildings in Europe speaking English to foreign ghosts and pretending they are getting answers. How dumb.

Sloth!! You posted!!! Welcome back, my friend :wallbash:

I don't have a concrete opinion on ghosts either way, but I definitely enjoy seeing "evidence"...sometimes it's absurd, but other times it seems intelligent and credible....I dunno, I just try and have fun with it.

(Plodders rule!)

I think fake but i have been shown that ghost may exist first hand.

My friends house he says is haunted, i have never seen anything of the sort..BUT, we had just gotten home from eating out. His ex Girlfriend at the time went upstairs, we poped open a beer. We hear this loud bang(something fell or she dropped something we assume) and we ask if she is ok, she does not answer. 15 seconds later she walks down the stairs, and i have never seen anyone as white as she was, ever. Tears pouring down her face. She could hardly speak, she said she saw a dark haird figure standing in the hallway

A year later and new girlfriend, she says she saw a dark haird figure in the same area as previously stated by his ex.

Take it as you will but, hey do we or will we ever know.

I think fake but i have been shown that ghost may exist first hand.

My friends house he says is haunted, i have never seen anything of the sort..BUT, we had just gotten home from eating out. His ex Girlfriend at the time went upstairs, we poped open a beer. We hear this loud bang(something fell or she dropped something we assume) and we ask if she is ok, she does not answer. 15 seconds later she walks down the stairs, and i have never seen anyone as white as she was, ever. Tears pouring down her face. She could hardly speak, she said she saw a dark haird figure standing in the hallway

A year later and new girlfriend, she says she saw a dark haird figure in the same area as previously stated by his ex.

Take it as you will but, hey do we or will we ever know.

Was she hot?

My weirdest story:

We went to a graveyard on Halloween. The idea was an old story one of us heard, if you put a tape recorder on a grave and just start recording, you will hear the dead person. To insure it, you are supposed to do this at midnight. I was the skeptic so I insisted on handling the tape recorder and the tape. We got to this abandoned cemetery about 11:30. I opened up the brand new tape and put it in the recorder. We sneak in, going over a fence. There was only about 40 graves there and we were overlooking a neighborhood below us. We put the tape player on the grave and this dog in one of the backyards sees us. The dog starts barking like mad so we left the tape recorder there and retreated so it would shut up. We come back about 10 minutes later (all of us together the whole time). We grab the recorder and beat feet as the dog goes ballistic about then.

We get back in the car, I press play. Nothing, the only thing we recorded was the dog barking in the background and our hushed whispers when we first started. I was vindicated. One of my friends points out it still isn't midnight. So we sneak back. Place the recorder down again and run off as the dog goes crazy with our repeated intrusions. All still together. We go back after midnight. Grab the recorder (I had rewound it to the beginning) and get back to the car. I press play and what sounded like a raspy breath and a heartbeat started up. It went on for the full length of the recording. The really weird part? There was no barking dog. I was convinced someone had tricked me. Somehow the tape had been switched on me. I demanded to know how they pulled it off.

I was friends with those people for another five years. Dated two of the women for about two of them (not at the same time). No one ever fessed up.

My weirdest story:

We went to a graveyard on Halloween. The idea was an old story one of us heard, if you put a tape recorder on a grave and just start recording, you will hear the dead person. To insure it, you are supposed to do this at midnight. I was the skeptic so I insisted on handling the tape recorder and the tape. We got to this abandoned cemetery about 11:30. I opened up the brand new tape and put it in the recorder. We sneak in, going over a fence. There was only about 40 graves there and we were overlooking a neighborhood below us. We put the tape player on the grave and this dog in one of the backyards sees us. The dog starts barking like mad so we left the tape recorder there and retreated so it would shut up. We come back about 10 minutes later (all of us together the whole time). We grab the recorder and beat feet as the dog goes ballistic about then.

We get back in the car, I press play. Nothing, the only thing we recorded was the dog barking in the background and our hushed whispers when we first started. I was vindicated. One of my friends points out it still isn't midnight. So we sneak back. Place the recorder down again and run off as the dog goes crazy with our repeated intrusions. All still together. We go back after midnight. Grab the recorder (I had rewound it to the beginning) and get back to the car. I press play and what sounded like a raspy breath and a heartbeat started up. It went on for the full length of the recording. The really weird part? There was no barking dog. I was convinced someone had tricked me. Somehow the tape had been switched on me. I demanded to know how they pulled it off.

I was friends with those people for another five years. Dated two of the women for about two of them (not at the same time). No one ever fessed up.

Dang, now I have to try that lol

BTW, your story reminded me of a film called "The Gravedancers". It's kind of a fun, creepy movie....check it out sometime!

Ouija boards are also real!! Me and my sister used to play with one all the time, but the scary part was when the board started conversations. No lie. I get chills as I type this and remember back to those times. The board spelled out a joke (can't remember the joke today) and my sister and I laughed. The next thing that was spelled out was, "I used to be a comedian in my former life." We stopped touching the oracle and just looked at each other. The board isn't supposed to have conversations with you! If you think I'm BS'ing about the Ouija board, go out and buy one. Find another skeptic and both of you sit down and ask it questions - doesn't have to be at night or under any freaky circumstances. Come back to this board and tell me I'm lying...

I don't know if this is real or fake either, but I have been watching that Ghost Adventures show on the Travel Channel, and they get some very compelling evidence at times. It's entertaining as hell, cause their approach is to antagonize the, uh, "things", and try to capture evidence of the paranormal. They recently had some device that transforms energy from outside the visible spectrum of light into something we're able to see, and they caught some really creepy images.

I've seen a couple of the other ghost shows and ended up having to call "BS", but this one is a lot of fun.

+1