Sick of " Apologize To Drew" Threads

Mark VI

The basic team goal is to win 10 games and get into the playoffs. We are 4-6 because of our immense failures on the road, traced primarily to our horrid QB play.

I was very pleased yesterday,enjoying the win but the Rams would have lost to anyone. Miami had little problem beating them in their only win. The main reason for yesterdays win was Defense and amazing Special Teams. I give Bledsoe his props for finding Campbell (he had a huge mismatch) but the dumb sacks,lack of poise and fumbling tendancies are still a weekly occurance. Had many poor pass attempts yesterday when given plenty of time to throw.

If an opposing D,with talent, keys on Willis and puts 7,8 in the box, basically asking Bledsoe to beat them, we know the result.

JP should be our starter next year and hopefully will get some game action soon. The goal is to win at least 4 road games each year and DB hasn't won on the road since Sept. 2003.

No apologies from me. Drew is NOT the answer for reaching the playoffs. Too many negatives.

Hey Mark... It is like "Battered Bledsoe Syndrome" (BBS)...

"Awww, gee guys, I'm sorry for being crappy last week... Please take me back?"

He is bringing us roses today... :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

128310[/snapback]

Indeed. :blink: I was cheering for DB and the entire team yesterday, as always. After all 4 wins ( out of 10 ) this year, the same " Eat Crow" or " Apologize to DB " threads get old. His immense failures far outnumber his successes. Playoffs are a pipe dream with him under Center.

If people take criticism of DB so personally, then they must be related to him. Delusional emotional attachment to any athlete is quite unhealthy.

Indeed.  :blink:  I was cheering for DB and the entire team yesterday, as always.  After all 4 wins ( out of 10 ) this year, the same " Eat Crow" or " Apologize to DB " threads get old. His immense failures far outnumber his successes. Playoffs are a pipe dream with him under Center.

If people take criticism of DB so personally, then they must be related to him. Delusional emotional attachment to any athlete is quite unhealthy.

128325[/snapback]

That is BE-OO-TEE-FULL man!

BE-OO-TEE-FULL!

Could not have said it better.

Excellent post. Couldn't agree more. It's great that we won, but this win means nothing to help this team in the long run, nothing. They could have started Losman in this game, at home, against that craptacular defense. He's obviously not getting the ball on the raod against Seattle, so when do we put him in there? Oh right, we're still not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and Losman will start when he's ready and not a minute sooner, tra-la-la.

Yeah, Drew had a decent game... so let's extend his contract! [/sarcasm]

All I can say is, if Bledsoe is still in a Bills uniform next season, I will take a season off from being a Bills fan.

drew is all done,the special teams and defense won thid game.hell wasnt there 3 or 4 times drew was setup to start drives inside th 20 and we went backwards and had to settle for field goals.at least we now know the defense and special teams will be a strength next season.we move forward when the drew error is finially over..........jp,lee evans,and willis thats the buffalo trio and when all is said and done people will point to the ways donahue got these guys that made the bills winners again

Add in the "We can make the playoffs" threads that come to the Wall after wins.

The swings from "Ralph should sell the club" after a loss to "The Bills are going to the playoffs!" after wins by the same posters is amazing...and ridiculous.

I was cheering for Drew yesterday, but just because he has a good game doesnt mean everything is hunky dory again. If he can have another solid game ON THE ROAD, then maybe I'll pull back on the criticism a bit. More then likely, he'll revert to his Mr. Hyde personna and stink up Seattle.

The swings from "Ralph should sell the club" after a loss to "The Bills are going to the playoffs!" after wins by the same posters is amazing...and ridiculous.

128354[/snapback]

Ahhh, cut 'em some slack RK.

Hope springs eternal!

It is the bette side of human nature.

"I gotta a feeeeeeling .... I gotta a feeeeeeling, that the Bills are going to the SuperBowl!"

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

Hey dudes! Pass the pipe!

:blink:

"I gotta a feeeeeeling .... I gotta a feeeeeeling, that the Bills are going to the SuperBowl!"

:blink:  :D  :blink:  :blink:

Hey dudes! Pass the pipe!

:blink:

128363[/snapback]

DE Ken " Baby " Johnson started that jingle in 1980. Johnson usually played like he was hitting the pipe on gameday. I think the song saved him a roster spot for a couple years. :blink:

DE Ken " Baby " Johnson started that jingle in 1980. Johnson usually played like he was hitting the pipe on gameday. I think the song saved him a roster spot for a couple years.  :blink:

128367[/snapback]

Right on!

Just reading Rockpile's history... This is the day Roland Hooks pulled the "Big Ben"(1981) off against the Patsies.

God... I still remember listening to that game in my parent's basement (age 13)... No sellout in those days (even a year after winning the div)...

Nothin' to complain about fans!

128354[/snapback]

I have never said Mr. Wilson should sell the club. We are going to the playoffs though. (eventually) :blink:

The basic team goal is to win 10 games and get into the playoffs. We are 4-6 because of our immense failures on the road, traced primarily to our horrid QB play.

I was very pleased yesterday,enjoying the win but the Rams would have lost to anyone. Miami had little problem beating them in their only win. The main reason for yesterdays win was Defense and amazing Special Teams. I give Bledsoe his props for finding Campbell (he had a huge mismatch) but the dumb sacks,lack of poise and fumbling tendancies are still a weekly occurance. Had many poor pass attempts yesterday when given plenty of time to throw.

If an opposing D,with talent, keys on Willis and puts 7,8 in the box, basically asking Bledsoe to beat them, we know the result.

JP should be our starter next year and hopefully will get some game action soon. The goal is to win at least 4 road games each year and DB hasn't won on the road since Sept. 2003.

No apologies from me. Drew is NOT the answer for reaching the playoffs. Too many negatives.

128306[/snapback]

Now mark, don't you understand Its (insert every other stupid excuse besides the FACT it's bledsoe). they don't understand Facts, reality or logic on this board.

Now mark, don't you understand Its (insert every other stupid excuse besides the FACT it's bledsoe).  they don't understand Facts, reality or logic on this board.

128387[/snapback]

:bows down before the god of football:

We're not worthy to be in your presence, oh great ICE.

Bledsoe: Oh baby, you no i didnt me to hurt you or do you wrong...i'll lead us to victory next week, just take me back baby

Girlfriend (TBD): Oh, well ok but this is the last time. OR Until the next victory.

>>>I was very pleased yesterday,enjoying the win but the Rams would have lost to anyone<<<

Is that right? This is a team that recently defeated the Seahawks, a possible superbowl team, right?

No, Drew is not the answer. Nothing has changed in that or any other sense.

Something else will not change....the minded among us (and you know I do not include you), will continue to blame Drew for each and every loss, performance notwithstanding.

Mark, did you see what happened (there were approx 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter) when they gave Willis a breather and put in Travis Gump? He missed a block on the right side. Dre was flattened and got the pass off. Imo, it was the best play of the game by Drew. Why do I bring this up? Because that was virtually every play in the beginning of the season. Drew, who need WAY more time than he should, was victimized by Travis, an out of shape RT, a rookie coach, etc.

Again, he is NOT the answer. Drew has taken too many hits in the last 3 seasons he has spent on the Buffalo Bills.

That said, this dismal record is not to be placed on his doorstep alone. There is plenty of blame for the losses to go around. I truly believe that is Willis was ready to go at the beginning of the year, the Bills would have 2 more wins.

I

This win assures that DB will start AT LEAST the next 3, if not the rest of the year..

If they would of lost yesterday, JP would probably be in next week and for the rest of the year.

Next year is ANYONES guess...Does DB return? If so, starter, backup, or do we trade em, cut em, or does he retire ?