Why Ralph Isn't Doing What He Said...

He said he wants to get a big name HC in Buffalo and wants someone with a successful record in here.

With that being said, he has not interviewed Billick, or Martz. I know some people here do not want either of those two. Thats fine but he should still at least interview them right? I mean at least this way if he does hire a coordinator at least he can say that he interviewed those people and gave them a chance. I will be very dissapointed if due to personal reasons or any reason for that matter that Billick or Martz does not get an interview.

My main point is this...

We are getting turned down by COORDINATORS and assistand HC's. Ralph no longer has the luxury of being picky when it's well known that not a lot of people want to coach in Buffalo. Billick and Martz both have SB rings and both have been successful HC's before and WANT TO COACH IN BUFFALO!

I am not saying these guys should be the next HC all I am saying is that they DESERVE an interview because I dont see many people lining up to apply for the Bills HC vacancy.

Ralph has not wanted a strong personality in charge of anything here since Polian. He

tried with Donahoe, but got "burnt".

And it really does not matter who we get. Ralph, Littman and Brandon will sabotage any

chance of success anyway.

I'm not going to rehash old stuff, but Littman was accussed of cutting Milloy without the coaching

staff knowing. Russ is a master at getting people in the seats, even after multiple losing seasons.

And Ralph has been accused as being meddling, with newer accusations coming around. Not a

recipe for success from management.

I hate to say it because he has had a storied career as pioneer of the AFL and owner in the NFL, but

man, Ralphie Boy really needs to step aside and let people who REALLY care for a winning team take

over. He's gotten his $$$$$ worth out of this franchise, not it's time for him "TO GET THE HECK OUT

OF TOWN!"

Yeah actually if he lived in town it might help with the orginizational side of things. How do you run a multi million dollar business that you seem to need to stick your fingers in repeatedly, from Detroit? Or be its GM from some city in Florida. They should adopt NF school district policy and require their employees to live in the "district."

Master at getting people in the seats? I am pretty sure the stadium has been sold out many many times before Russ turned training camp into a carnival. Honestly what has Brandon done except make training camp enjoyable fot the kids to be elevated to his position????

What Super Bowl ring does Martz have? Because if we're including non-HC ones, Frazier has one too. Martz was a washout in St. Louis, and then got fired two times from being the offensive coordinator on bad teams. He's had a chance - we know he's bad. I'd rather take a shot with a new guy than ride that train.

Billick, though, remains mysterious. But both have had multiple opportunities to get back into the NFL and never get considered. I'd say something's wrong with both.

Ralph has not wanted a strong personality in charge of anything here since Polian. He

tried with Donahoe, but got "burnt".

And it really does not matter who we get. Ralph, Littman and Brandon will sabotage any

chance of success anyway.

I'm not going to rehash old stuff, but Littman was accussed of cutting Milloy without the coaching

staff knowing. Russ is a master at getting people in the seats, even after multiple losing seasons.

And Ralph has been accused as being meddling, with newer accusations coming around. Not a

recipe for success from management.

I hate to say it because he has had a storied career as pioneer of the AFL and owner in the NFL, but

man, Ralphie Boy really needs to step aside and let people who REALLY care for a winning team take

over. He's gotten his $$$$$ worth out of this franchise, not it's time for him "TO GET THE HECK OUT

OF TOWN!"

You may be right, but there's a small problem with that: Ralph is the reason the Bills are still in Buffalo. None of the "new guard" owners would have kept the team here. It's a wierd situation for fans to be in. Nobody seems to like the guy, but yet still have him to thank for keeping the team in Buffalo.

However, the minute Ralph dies, fans will have a lot more to worry about than who the coach is.

Master at getting people in the seats? I am pretty sure the stadium has been sold out many many times before Russ turned training camp into a carnival. Honestly what has Brandon done except make training camp enjoyable fot the kids to be elevated to his position????

Russ helped focus attention on markets outside of Buffalo, ie: Rochester and Southern

Ontario, hence putting fans in the seats.

He said he wants to get a big name HC in Buffalo and wants someone with a successful record in here.

With that being said, he has not interviewed Billick, or Martz. I know some people here do not want either of those two. Thats fine but he should still at least interview them right? I mean at least this way if he does hire a coordinator at least he can say that he interviewed those people and gave them a chance. I will be very dissapointed if due to personal reasons or any reason for that matter that Billick or Martz does not get an interview.

My main point is this...

We are getting turned down by COORDINATORS and assistand HC's. Ralph no longer has the luxury of being picky when it's well known that not a lot of people want to coach in Buffalo. Billick and Martz both have SB rings and both have been successful HC's before and WANT TO COACH IN BUFFALO!

I am not saying these guys should be the next HC all I am saying is that they DESERVE an interview because I dont see many people lining up to apply for the Bills HC vacancy.

He also said last year the problem was not enough players, basically lack of talent.

So, fire the entire coaching staff (a year too late), promote another guy from within (Nix, who may be OK), and leave the entire front office, who have proven they cannot assemble an NFL roster, intact.

Add to this new reports of Ralph being an issue, which most of us already new, and you have the 2010 Buffalo Bills.

Welcome to 11 years without a playoff appearance.

:unsure:

What Super Bowl ring does Martz have? Because if we're including non-HC ones, Frazier has one too. Martz was a washout in St. Louis, and then got fired two times from being the offensive coordinator on bad teams. He's had a chance - we know he's bad. I'd rather take a shot with a new guy than ride that train.

Billick, though, remains mysterious. But both have had multiple opportunities to get back into the NFL and never get considered. I'd say something's wrong with both.

hey not fair - don't confuse ranting negativity from multiple sources with facts.

there is something wrong with both of them - i'll take frazier over either of those guys.

Ralph Wilson has been selling this team short for 50 years, why would he change now? What possible coach would say "He's been Scrooge for 50 years, this year will be different. He'll spend the money and release his iron grip on the team."

If we're going to have to scrape the bottom of the barrell for coaches, I want to see April interviewed. He did his job consistantly without the best players.

He even screwed that up by losing Wegmans as the annual sponsor.

My main point is this...

he's not doing what he said because he doesn't remember he said it.

What are you talking about?! Ralph never said that. In fact, if you watch the press conference when Buddy was hired, Ralph said he didn't care about hiring a big name. Yes, part of what you say is accurate -- he wants someone with a successful track record and preferably some HC experience, but he was quite explicit in that it did NOT need to be a "big name".

he's not doing what he said because he doesn't remember he said it.

You guys think your so funny pickn on old Mr. Wilson.

He knows what's up. He knocks boots with chicks half his age and jams out to the new Neil Diamond album sippin Pabts Blue Ribbon. NO WORRIES baby. He's got this sh*t.

Martz did take a team to the Super Bowl as a head coach. You can say it was with Vermiel's team, but you can say that The Steelers won with Cowher's team, or you can say the Colts are winning this year with Tony Dungy's team, Gruden won with Dungy's team, etc. I am not a fan of Martz, but you can't say he was a total washout, he did better with the Rams than any coach has in Buffalo since Levy left. I would rather see Billick hired over Martz, but Martz would be better than Frazier would be. I am tired of seeing coordinators come in here for a 3 year tour, stinking the joint up then getting canned. As far as Ralph doing what he said? When does Ralph ever do what he said, he has this organization holding the trophy for the leagues biggest joke of a team.