I'm starting to realize no one wants the Bills job

Completely not true. We have a STACKED secondary that's BEGGING for a more aggressive scheme. Leave CBs on an island and let them go man against opposing receivers while the front seven runs aggressive zone blitz schemes. This would then allow our UNDERtalented front seven to blitz more, generating the pressure our front four alone cannot.

I also think Maybin could be a hybrid DE/LB in a 3-4, with some coaching. Not trying to say he's the next Biscuit but I think he can be a bit more versatile than we give him credit for.

So IMO we should either go 4-3 or go forty-six, based on the talent we have. Add some linebackers and maybe go 3-4 with maybin on the end.

I've been saying this for a long time, but then again....who the h?ll am I? Anyway.........

Yeah, I believe in the 3-4 but with some additions. Of course we'd need additions no matter what we do so anyway here's what I see.

DB's......The back 4 or 5 or 6 depending on the situation is relatively set with McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner, Byrd, Scott, Wilson, Wendling, whatever....we have enough and are set.

LB's...... Throw Maybin in there (yeah yeah yeah, I know, but he's FAST and can learn) with Poz and Mitchell, and we're only short one starter. we have backups aplenty.

Line.... After Schobel on one side we're a bit light, but between Stroud, Johnson and Kelsey, they could man the other side while we'd obviously have to come up with a NG.

That's only 2 players short to field a respectable 3-4, a LB and a NG. With luck and/or another year, it would be even better!!! :wallbash:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize that the Bills have had a total of two interviews so far? You would think they would have an interview every other day at minimum. I'm starting to think that everyone has been hanging up on Nix. I mean everyone. People here want Cowher or Gruden??? The Bills will be lucky to get Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontes. We fired everyone and now no one will come here. Meanwhile, all the "crappy" coaches we thought sucked are getting hired by better NFL teams. We may be the first NFL team where the players have to coach themselves.

PTR

Thats why they re-signed Hamdan in December. He holds the hell out of that clipboard!!!!

Do you realize that the Bills have had a total of two interviews so far? You would think they would have an interview every other day at minimum. I'm starting to think that everyone has been hanging up on Nix. I mean everyone. People here want Cowher or Gruden??? The Bills will be lucky to get Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontes. We fired everyone and now no one will come here. Meanwhile, all the "crappy" coaches we thought sucked are getting hired by better NFL teams. We may be the first NFL team where the players have to coach themselves.

PTR

I believe Wayne Fontes died in the past few months. Maybe we can exhume his body and put him in a chair on the sidelines-he will still have more vitality than Dicky J. Kind of how Marv looked in the Monday nite house of horrors against the Cowboys in 2007.

PTR

Welcome back to reality my friend. You tried to be upbeat for a long time, but there is no evidence that what we all wish for will come true. It is a good bet that whomever gets the Bills Head Coach job will be a coordinator who thinks it's his only chance to get into the HC ranks, or a desperate guy who was an unsuccessful HC and can't get another shot at it.

Either way, he will not have the resources to succeed and his reputation will suffer, even if he has the skills to do a great job.

Being a top coach in the NFL is comparable to being a star player. It's incredibly tough to get the right opportunities - then if you do become one of the elite - your value can easily decrease for any of a variety of reasons. Then you become desperate to revive your career. (See Terrell Owens.)

Let's just hope that something wondrous happens soon, to make the future look bright for the Bills and us.

I'm surprised at you Promo I thought you were the don't panic guy.

Promo is a major league waffler. One minute he's going off on people for being negative, the next he's full-on chicken little.

His schizophrenia would be amusing if he didn't take himself so seriously.

Promo is a major league waffler. One minute he's going off on people for being negative, the next he's full-on chicken little.

His schizophrenia would be amusing if he didn't take himself so seriously.

They made an attempt to lure some of the premier coaches that were available. A reason for optimism. They were rebuffed by all and now are being turned down by coordinators. A reason to be negative. I don't think it is waffling. That is just how the process has gone.

They made an attempt to lure some of the premier coaches that were available. A reason for optimism. They were rebuffed by all and now are being turned down by coordinators. A reason to be negative. I don't think it is waffling. That is just how the process has gone.

No, Promo is the kind of guy who attacks posters just for being negative, then proceeds to run down the organization himself. That is most definitely waffling. I'm not talking about the process here, I'm talking about the individual.

Usually I try to be more supportive of the franchise. I do think Brandon and Nix are trying to build a winner, but I'm starting to realize just how low people's opinions are of Ralph Wilson Jr. I don't think there have been many stealth meetings since the Cowher one. Kind of hard to do that with playoff coaches. It's considered tampering. I'm just getting a little worried.

PTR

I am not as worried as I was at the beginning of the season, when I felt we were just wasting time with the Jauron extension and that the team was doomed this year - turned out to be true.

At least there will be change, and I do think that Nix has one of the coordinators in mind of the teams that are actually deeper into the playoffs, but that is no secret.

Still too early to panic, but how bad can Ralph be... I mean with likes of Jerry Jones, Snyder, Adams, and Kraft out there I would think that there is some kind of meglomaniac test that all these owners have to pass to join the club.