Steelers, Giants, Eagles

hmmmmm.....if these guys were the problem, why are they getting snapped up by top echelon teams? Could it be that the entire coaching staff wasn't the problem and firing ALL of the coaches only assured that we would lose the good coaches with the bad? But then...maybe the Eagles, Giants and Steelers don't know as much about football as the Bills do and they will be at the bottom of the pack next year?

It was only fair and very professional for the Bills to give the staff opportunities when it is most likely any new coach would want to bring in his own assistants. Might the new HC have retained some of the previous staff? Absolutely. But nothing is certain.

As to the other aspects, it's mostly the fact we have average players in most spots and, until we DO get better players, it's gonna be hard for any coach make the proverbial chicken salad out of the current chicken sh*t.

GO BILLS!!!

It was only fair and very professional for the Bills to give the staff opportunities when it is most likely any new coach would want to bring in his own assistants. Might the new HC have retained some of the previous staff? Absolutely. But nothing is certain.

As to the other aspects, it's mostly the fact we have average players in most spots and, until we DO get better players, it's gonna be hard for any coach make the proverbial chicken salad out of the current chicken sh*t.

GO BILLS!!!

i wouldnt say "most spots" as much as "the spots that are most important" (QB, and the Lines) but other than that, i agree with your post.

Outside Kugler, the other two were considered best available assistants in their field. Fewell wasn't fired as the interim HC, and he wasn't going to take a DC position in Buffalo. April opted out of his contract, even if he wasn't "fired."

The other guys are still unemployed.

Outside Kugler, the other two were considered best available assistants in their field. Fewell wasn't fired as the interim HC, and he wasn't going to take a DC position in Buffalo. April opted out of his contract, even if he wasn't "fired."

The other guys are still unemployed.

But still getting paid a good chunk of change.

Fewell and April are very respected around the league so it's no surprise. They were not bad coaches here either. I suspect the Bills new coach (Frazier?) may end up taking some fresh new blood (position coaches) from other teams to fill coordinator positions in Buffalo.

ha ha ha! The jokes on them. If any of them bothered to read Two Bills Drive they'd know these coaches are totally worthless. After all they all worked for Dick Jauron, so how good could they possibly be? And besides, none of them have Super Bowl rings.

PTR

hmmmmm.....if these guys were the problem, why are they getting snapped up by top echelon teams? Could it be that the entire coaching staff wasn't the problem and firing ALL of the coaches only assured that we would lose the good coaches with the bad? But then...maybe the Eagles, Giants and Steelers don't know as much about football as the Bills do and they will be at the bottom of the pack next year?

Why does this surprise anyone? The Bills have sucked for the last decade because of poor drafts, poor FA decisions (both in terms of players signed and let go), and three head coaches who weren't up to the task. Two of those three HCs have gone on to have success again as assistants, and the third may very well be a good DC in the league again. That said, none were head coaching material, and with a few exceptions (mostly at the OC position), we've had pretty good assistants and coordinators throughout the decade.

They will miss April, but that was the cost of canning Jauron and not hiring April, the assistant HC. Kugler is well regarded and Fewell, courtesy of Jauron being kept for far too long, gained a lot of experience. But passable DC's are really not hard to find. Guys like Fewell are a dime-a-dozen and bounce around the league, having runs of success and failure. He's like a Gunther Cunningham, he has some good days, but he really isn't exceptional and is hard pressed against top competition. I'm surprised he was hired as a DC because his track record has not been good, but I think he can thank the Bills for making him more high profile by giving him the opportunity to be the interim head coach. Maybe he will be the Giants HC this time next year(we can hope!).

Anyway, I'm not surprised on the whole that they lost those guys. If Alex Van Pelt or Turk Schonert got hired as an OC somewhere else I'd raise an eyebrow. Those are the coordinators that Jauron really whiffed on.

ha ha ha! The jokes on them. If any of them bothered to read Two Bills Drive they'd know these coaches are totally worthless. After all they all worked for Dick Jauron, so how good could they possibly be? And besides, none of them have Super Bowl rings.

PTR

PTR. I think the next most likely to sign would be Sanders or Catavolos. Those 2 are pretty good coaches. However Studesville, Tolbert, Coiner, Sheldon, Lester were not very good. Add in Jauron and you have identified much of the problem.

PTR

Funny.

PTR. I think the next most likely to sign would be Sanders or Catavolos. Those 2 are pretty good coaches. However Studesville, Tolbert, Coiner, Sheldon, Lester were not very good. Add in Jauron and you have identified much of the problem.

I thought Sanders did an especially good job in his first season. I will be sorry to see him go.

Really, all the Bills needed was a new HC, OC and strength & conditioning coach. I thought the other guys were solid. Once you get rid of your HC, however, it's usually pretty much a clean sweep.

SO our scrub coaches are getting hired by 2 teams who didn't make the playoffs and another that got smoked in the wildcard. From one poor team to another for these guys.

Those 2 teams that didn't make the playoffs were also the last 2 teams to win the Super Bowl

Oh, and the third team was a team that fought hard to make hte playoffs and then lost to one of the hottest teams in the league right now being coached by another guy Bills fans ran right out of town

Bobby April, Sean Kugler and Perry Fewell all got lateral jobs from other NFL teams. So what? As assistant coaches for the Bills, they collectivley sucked. May have been more ones' fault over the others', or none of their faults. What's the difference?

Fewell showed a lot of passion and did very well taking the Bills to a 3-4-0 finish as interim head coach. But as defensive coordinator, I thought his schemes were terrible, and every season with the Bills his defense was one of the worst against the run. Good luck Giants, if he is allowed to use his "11-Gap" "Cover-Zero" 4-3 schemes featuring light assed over- persuing lineman and linebackers.

April was always considered one of the best special teams coaches in the NFL, and most of his teams in Buffalo were excellent, I thought he would get hired quickly and he was.

Kugler? Who knows what the Steelers see in that guy. I don't get that hire one bit.

Bottom line, the Bills entire staff had to be blown up, and if other teams find individual coaches a good fit for them, who cares? If the Bills ever bring in their own new head coach, he will be bringing in his own staff anyway.