Can you outshoot Lee Harvey Oswald?

KD in CA

This is how far we have fallen- a game where you try to kill the president.

This country is just a bunch of spoiled, selfish little brats, who believe they are fre and entitled to anything they want.

I'd like to see how many people have the guts to do all the garbage they do if their Constitutional PRIVILEDGES were suspended.

I sure hope so- I'm tired of what I've been seeing

128477[/snapback]

We really need a sarcasm button....

The market (or rather lack thereof) will hopefully put this crap out of commission before it starts. And the creators lose their jobs b/c it doesn't sell and the negative publicity.

I don't think we need the government to be dictating what we watch, etc. Before you know it, that TV screen will be two-way.

We really need a sarcasm button....

The market (or rather lack thereof) will hopefully put this crap out of commission before it starts. And the creators lose their jobs b/c it doesn't sell and the negative publicity.

I don't think we need the government to be dictating what we watch, etc. Before you know it, that TV screen will be two-way.

128508[/snapback]

Not what I'm talking about- I'm tired of seeing people abuse their freedom- or what they perceive to be included as such

I'd like to see how many people have the guts to do all the garbage they do if their Constitutional PRIVILEDGES were suspended.

128456[/snapback]

Rather than try suspending the Constitution here, because frankly, some dumb video game scares me a little less than suspending the Constitution, maybe you could find a nice place without such privileges (Saudi Arabia perhaps), and settle down there.

Not what I'm talking about- I'm tired of seeing people abuse their freedom- or what they perceive to be included as such

128513[/snapback]

Oh, those pesky Framers who included the language "certain inalienable rights" that were further defined in the BoR.... And that pesky stuff about prior restraint too....

Freedom is something our gov't, at any contemporary time, chooses to give us? Gov't needs the people's permission to operate. Not the other way around.

Way to hijack a thread about a single POS video game to broaden the scope to the fundamental nature of gov't.

Again, the market will take care of this really bad idea. Actually, that's how most bad ideas get rooted out. Likewise, if the MAJORITY OF people want to buy it after quasi-govt/oversight agencies put ratings on them, I guess that makes it morally acceptable in our democracy. Doesn't mean I'll buy it but if other people want to, who am I to stop them?

Oh, those pesky Framers who included the language "certain inalienable rights" that were further defined in the BoR.... And that pesky stuff about prior restraint too....

Freedom is something our gov't, at any contemporary time, chooses to give us? Gov't needs the people's permission to operate. Not the other way around.

Way to hijack a thread about a single POS video game to broaden the scope to the fundamental nature of gov't.

Again, the market will take care of this really bad idea. Actually, that's how most bad ideas get rooted out. Likewise, if the MAJORITY OF people want to buy it after quasi-govt/oversight agencies put ratings on them, I guess that makes it morally acceptable in our democracy. Doesn't mean I'll buy it but if other people want to, who am I to stop them?

128599[/snapback]

I'm not just talking about the game- and I'm sure those pesky framers didnt live in or were able to imagine that we'd develop into such a warped society.

I'm not just talking about the game- and I'm sure those pesky framers didnt live in or were able to imagine that we'd develop into such a warped society.

128654[/snapback]

Killing women and children was commonplace in their day. As was whoring, gambling, and extra-marital sex. I don't think the Founding Fathers would be so shocked.

128513[/snapback]

People who abuse their freedom should be killed. Can we start with people who abuse their freedom of worship by shoving their fairy tales down our throats? That would be so kewl.

Seriously, JFK was my boyhood hero and this thing makes be simply sick. Problem is, you just can't draw a law sharp enough to keep the good irreverent parody and black humor and get rid of the bad. The lines are too fine on the margins. The best thing to do is denounce it and all who would buy it. Make it not cool to have the game and no one will want it. Besides, isn't that the problem, not that there are idiots who would make such a game but that there are idiots who would buy it?

It seems that in general, many of the people who are the most vocal about their "rights" are those who are not, and would not place themselves in a position to risk anything for them. Makes it easy to stand on the soapbox.

128586[/snapback]

Well, JFK, RFK, MLK stood on soapboxes to defend people's rights and were murdered for their troubles....

John Kerry had the stones to run for an office where 1 in 4 have been attacked/shot, and 1 in 10 (more if you buy that Zachary Taylor was poisoned) have been assassinated. Anyone who runs for President, and other major offices/positions, should at least have respect b/c of what they're risking.

Simply speaking your opinion, even in a democracy, is a risk.

So? Sell it. I stand by what I said. I've seen enough postings here alone to make that statement true.

Yawn? If you're tired, take a nap.

130629[/snapback]

Everybody thinks they are the toughest, most stand-up guy... To each his own... I will always dish out the flak when I hear stevestojan like this. I expect them same with my stevestojan.

So come on... Of course I expect you to stand by you stereotypes... This board is very indicative of many out there. :w00t:

Well, JFK, RFK, MLK stood on soapboxes to defend people's rights and were murdered for their troubles....

John Kerry had the stones to run for an office where 1 in 4 have been attacked/shot, and 1 in 10 (more if you buy that Zachary Taylor was poisoned) have been assassinated. Anyone who runs for President, and other major offices/positions, should at least have respect b/c of what they're risking.

130689[/snapback]

I buy that a little... No president again will be assassinated, they live too much in a "bubble."

Simply speaking your opinion, even in a democracy, is a risk.

130689[/snapback]

True, and how many others sit with a twinkie in front of their 52" HD TV posting drivel on an internet board about "rights" when their entire contribution to the process is watching a snippet of CNN during a "Lost" commercial break?

I buy that a little... No president again will be assassinated, they live too much in a "bubble."

130702[/snapback]

I'm sure that's what the Secret Service was thinking after Mr. Bush was handed a dime by a guy who slipped through security in his inauguration.... And this man had done that a few times before to "prove" his point.

How will a "bubble" protect against a well-planted low-grade nuclear device? Three RPGs fired at Marine One and two decoys on the way to Camp David? A whole host of other scenarios....

He may not be the guy that 49% voted for, but a president is a president.

You risk a lot, especially nowadays, for simply openly expressing your ideas.

Everybody thinks they are the toughest, most stand-up guy... To each his own... I will always dish out the flak when I hear stevestojan like this.  I expect them same with my stevestojan.

So come on... Of course I expect you to stand by you stereotypes... This board is very indicative of many out there. :w00t:

130698[/snapback]

I don't consider myself a "tough, most stand-up guy". And, I don't consider it stevestojan. There is a world beyond this board. I live in an area inhabited with a lot of overpriveledged little snots that would step over an old woman to beat her onto a metro car that will also sit and talk the injustice of the country for hours.

I'm sure that's what the Secret Service was thinking after Mr. Bush was handed a dime by a guy who slipped through security in his inauguration.... And this man had done that a few times before to "prove" his point.

How will a "bubble" protect against a well-planted low-grade nuclear device? Three RPGs  fired at Marine One and two decoys on the way to Camp David? A whole host of other scenarios....

He may not be the guy that 49% voted for, but a president is a president.

You risk a lot, especially nowadays, for simply openly expressing your ideas.

130725[/snapback]

You make valid points. But, once in... The chances of getting it nowadays is slimmer... The chances of catching the perps is greater.

You make valid points.  But, once in... The chances of getting it nowadays is slimmer... The chances of catching the perps is greater.

130733[/snapback]

Problem being you might well now have perps who plan on being dead before they are caught.

Problem being you might well now have perps who plan on being dead before they are caught.

130739[/snapback]

Point taken!

That is were the chasm lies.

We have to narrow it and make their life on earth more worth livin'. Maybe then they will not want to blow themselves up for their people.

How we do that, I don't know.

Not to sound callous towards are fallen. We needed a little more time to get our "heads" together.

I know you differ on this and your line of work says it was now... I understand that and respect that.

Point taken!

That is were the chasm lies.

We have to narrow it and make their life on earth more worth livin'.  Maybe then they will not want to blow themselves up for their people.

How we do that, I don't know.

Not to sound callous towards are fallen.  We needed a little more time to get our "heads" together.

I know you differ on this and your line of work says it was now... I understand that and respect that.

130775[/snapback]

And once again, the vast majority want to get their paycheck and be left alone. The tiny minority that is happily seeking their 72 virgins are going to be pre-disposed to that no matter what happens. About the best we can hope to do is decapitate the tactical and idelological leadership. The remaining speed bumps will then be forced to work pretty well individually, and while they can cause great harm somewhere warm and sandy, they are much less of a threat here.