Can you outshoot Lee Harvey Oswald?

KD in CA

This is how far we have fallen- a game where you try to kill the president.

This country is just a bunch of spoiled, selfish little brats, who believe they are fre and entitled to anything they want.

I'd like to see how many people have the guts to do all the garbage they do if their Constitutional PRIVILEDGES were suspended.

I sure hope so- I'm tired of what I've been seeing

128477[/snapback]

We really need a sarcasm button....

The market (or rather lack thereof) will hopefully put this crap out of commission before it starts. And the creators lose their jobs b/c it doesn't sell and the negative publicity.

I don't think we need the government to be dictating what we watch, etc. Before you know it, that TV screen will be two-way.

We really need a sarcasm button....

The market (or rather lack thereof) will hopefully put this crap out of commission before it starts. And the creators lose their jobs b/c it doesn't sell and the negative publicity.

I don't think we need the government to be dictating what we watch, etc. Before you know it, that TV screen will be two-way.

128508[/snapback]

Not what I'm talking about- I'm tired of seeing people abuse their freedom- or what they perceive to be included as such

I'd like to see how many people have the guts to do all the garbage they do if their Constitutional PRIVILEDGES were suspended.

128456[/snapback]

Rather than try suspending the Constitution here, because frankly, some dumb video game scares me a little less than suspending the Constitution, maybe you could find a nice place without such privileges (Saudi Arabia perhaps), and settle down there.

Not what I'm talking about- I'm tired of seeing people abuse their freedom- or what they perceive to be included as such

128513[/snapback]

Oh, those pesky Framers who included the language "certain inalienable rights" that were further defined in the BoR.... And that pesky stuff about prior restraint too....

Freedom is something our gov't, at any contemporary time, chooses to give us? Gov't needs the people's permission to operate. Not the other way around.

Way to hijack a thread about a single POS video game to broaden the scope to the fundamental nature of gov't.

Again, the market will take care of this really bad idea. Actually, that's how most bad ideas get rooted out. Likewise, if the MAJORITY OF people want to buy it after quasi-govt/oversight agencies put ratings on them, I guess that makes it morally acceptable in our democracy. Doesn't mean I'll buy it but if other people want to, who am I to stop them?

Oh, those pesky Framers who included the language "certain inalienable rights" that were further defined in the BoR.... And that pesky stuff about prior restraint too....

Freedom is something our gov't, at any contemporary time, chooses to give us? Gov't needs the people's permission to operate. Not the other way around.

Way to hijack a thread about a single POS video game to broaden the scope to the fundamental nature of gov't.

Again, the market will take care of this really bad idea. Actually, that's how most bad ideas get rooted out. Likewise, if the MAJORITY OF people want to buy it after quasi-govt/oversight agencies put ratings on them, I guess that makes it morally acceptable in our democracy. Doesn't mean I'll buy it but if other people want to, who am I to stop them?

128599[/snapback]

I'm not just talking about the game- and I'm sure those pesky framers didnt live in or were able to imagine that we'd develop into such a warped society.

I'm not just talking about the game- and I'm sure those pesky framers didnt live in or were able to imagine that we'd develop into such a warped society.

128654[/snapback]

Killing women and children was commonplace in their day. As was whoring, gambling, and extra-marital sex. I don't think the Founding Fathers would be so shocked.

128513[/snapback]

People who abuse their freedom should be killed. Can we start with people who abuse their freedom of worship by shoving their fairy tales down our throats? That would be so kewl.

Seriously, JFK was my boyhood hero and this thing makes be simply sick. Problem is, you just can't draw a law sharp enough to keep the good irreverent parody and black humor and get rid of the bad. The lines are too fine on the margins. The best thing to do is denounce it and all who would buy it. Make it not cool to have the game and no one will want it. Besides, isn't that the problem, not that there are idiots who would make such a game but that there are idiots who would buy it?