How do you like your crow prepared?

beausox

The reports of Drews death are greatly exaggerated. Playoff bound, I doubt but the only team the Bills have left on the schedule who overmatch them are the Steelers who , so 9-7 is not impossible. In the meantime will the boo-birds and boycotters take a breath

The reports of Drews death are greatly exaggerated. Playoff bound, I doubt but the only team the Bills have left on the schedule who overmatch them are the Steelers who , so 9-7 is not impossible. In the meantime will the boo-birds and boycotters take a breath

127660[/snapback]

9-7 with 6 or 7 AFC losses won't be enough to make the playoffs this year. 10-6 with 6 AFC loses most likely won't be enough either.

127660[/snapback]

I like DREW and dont feel its all his fault....but let him play like that on the road before you start serving crow.....

Go DREW....prove me wrong...and really hope he does...

Nobody has to eat any crow, except for you perhaps.

This is the problem at its essence: If Bledsoe has a decent game, everyone thinks "he's back". He's not. He's still a liability to this team. Even today, he missed a ton of plays. Granted, Moulds didn't give him much help, but Drew has not played at a truly high level since week 8 of 2002. This was his first 3 TD performance in TWO YEARS. And it came because the Rams' defensive plan was to leave our TEs on LBers and Archuletta, who is a lot like COy WIre in his coverage skills.

Drew hasn't thrown for 300 yards in TWO YEARS. Go around the league and look at every QBs stats...you can't say this about any other QB who's starting right now.

Drew is a great guy who is mentally slow and too easily breaks down into terrible technique. He has a good game every now and then and seduces people into thinking that that's him. No one's eating any crow about Drew. His numbers don't lie. Look at his completion % this year. Look at his TD INT ratio. He has had great protection in the past 5 games and yet his numbers haven't improved.

This is the problem at its essence: If Bledsoe has a decent game, everyone thinks "he's back". He's not. He's still a liability to this team. Even today, he missed a ton of plays. Granted, Moulds didn't give him much help, but Drew has not played at  a truly high level since week 8 of 2002. This was his first 3 TD performance in TWO YEARS. And it came because the Rams' defensive plan was to leave our TEs on LBers and Archuletta, who is a lot like COy WIre in his coverage skills.

Drew hasn't thrown for 300 yards in TWO YEARS. Go around the league and look at every QBs stats...you can't say this about any other QB who's starting right now.

Drew is a great guy who is mentally slow and too easily breaks down into terrible technique. He has a good game every now and then and seduces people into thinking that that's him. No one's eating any crow about Drew. His numbers don't lie. Look at his completion % this year. Look at his TD INT ratio. He has had great protection in the past 5 games and yet his numbers haven't improved.

127688[/snapback]

Look, we're not stupid. We all know the Bills aren't going to win games from the QB position this season.

Not with Bledsoe, and not with Losman.

This team has found it's niche, it's winning with the running game, special teams, and defense.

The QB needs to play within the system . So pick you're poison. The 11 year veteren in decline or the rookie who's missed 3 months of the season.

Why not quit on the season and train the rookie for next year? Well because the team doesn't want the other 51 guys on the team to get used to losing.

That's what we're forgetting here. The team isn't about Bledsoe right not. He's a cog. There's a ton of talent on the Bills that needs to learn how win in this league.

Mularkey is going with the known commodity here. And as bad as Bledsoe can be, I can't blame him.

Let's not forget that Drew threw those TDs after two of the Rams starting CBs went down, and then we took down a third. They were playing nobodies back there.

Oh, but we need to eat crow on Bledsoe?

Puh leeeez

Look, we're not stupid.  We all know the Bills aren't going to win games from the QB position this season.

Not with Bledsoe, and not with Losman.

This team has found it's niche, it's winning with the running game, special teams, and defense.

The QB needs to play within the system .  So pick you're poison.  The 11 year veteren in decline or the rookie who's missed 3 months of the season.

Why not quit on the season and train the rookie for next year?  Well because the team doesn't want the other 51 guys on the team to get used to losing.

That's what we're forgetting here.  The team isn't about Bledsoe right not.  He's a cog.  There's a ton of talent on the Bills that needs to learn how win in this league.

Mularkey is going with the known commodity here.  And as bad as Bledsoe can be, I can't blame him.

127706[/snapback]

That is pretty close to my feelings on the situation. Too many here think the QB has to win every game. Not one of em in the league does.

So for sake of argument lets say the Bills pull off a miracle and go 10-6 and by the grace of God somehow make the playoffs.

Do you think there's even a remote chance they could win a playoff game on the road? I don't.

Keeping Bledsoe as the starter only serves one purpose, to delay the inevitable. Bledsoe is a great guy but it's time to pull the plug. You don't draft a guy in the first round so you can keep him on the bench for two years. When JP is mentally and physically ready, throw him in.

The sooner Drew sits, the sooner we move on.

I really have not gotten into the wholeboard brawl on Drew Bledsoe. He can certainly still do some good things on the field. Long term, the problem I have is despite the win Buffalo had at the beginning of the 2003 season, Bledsoe seems to have a mental block when it comes to playing the Patriots. That's only one team, but they are in Buffalo's division. I know that's only two games, but if Buffalo and Drew Bledoe can't beat the Patriots, the Patriots are going to continue to stand between Buffalo and the playoffs. I'm not willing to accept that. I have no ploblem with Bledsoe starting the rest of the season if JP is not ready to play, but I hope Buffalo doesn't simply name Bledsoe starter in training camp without giving Losman a legitimate shot at supplanting him. JP is the future until or unless he proves he can't handle it.

So for sake of argument lets say the Bills pull off a miracle and go 10-6 and by the grace of God somehow make the playoffs. 

Do you think there's even a remote chance they could win a playoff game on the road?  I don't.

Keeping Bledsoe as the starter only serves one purpose, to delay the inevitable.  Bledsoe is a great guy but it's time to pull the plug.  You don't draft a guy in the first round so you can keep  him on the bench for two years.  When JP is mentally and physically ready, throw him in.

The sooner Drew sits, the sooner we move on.

127866[/snapback]

Not that I think it is likely, or even possible. But what makes you think that if Drew WERE to go 6-0 from here, and win four straight games on the road, and win seven games in a row, and win seven straight must-win games in bad weather in a playoff race. That he could not win on the road in the playoffs? OUR Drew Bledsoe could not win a road game in the playoffs. But THAT Drew Bledsoe surely could, or would have a chance to. :(

Not that I think it is likely, or even possible. But what makes you think that if Drew WERE to go 6-0 from here, and win four straight games on the road, and win seven games in a row, and win seven straight must-win games in bad weather in a playoff race. That he could not win on the road in the playoffs? OUR Drew Bledsoe could not win a road game in the playoffs. But THAT Drew Bledsoe surely could, or would have a chance to.  :(

127975[/snapback]

Unless Ralph pulled an RJ & made MM start JP in the 1st play-off game. :D

That is pretty close to my feelings on the situation.  Too many here think the QB has to win every game.  Not one of em in the league does.

127808[/snapback]

No but I don't know of many that are as directly responsible for losses like Bledsoe is

No one on this board that supports the TEAM and not bledsoe will be eating crow. Bledsoe will NOT lead us to the playoffs. Bledsoe will NEVER win a Superbowl (*) So I am 100% confident no one is eating crow.

(*) Unless he is sitting the bench like RJ did with the Bucs

No but I don't know of many that are as directly responsible for losses like Bledsoe is

127983[/snapback]

Bledsoe was directly responsible for 1 loss. 1

Baltimore.

If you want to count NE also go ahead. But remember the ENTIRE TEAM SUCKED.

SUCKED BIG TIME.

The rest of the games Bledsoe has played well enough to win. Several with NO

running game. NONE! And a defense that let 3 4th quarter leads slip away.

This is the problem at its essence: If Bledsoe has a decent game, everyone thinks "he's back". He's not. He's still a liability to this team. Even today, he missed a ton of plays. Granted, Moulds didn't give him much help, but Drew has not played at  a truly high level since week 8 of 2002. This was his first 3 TD performance in TWO YEARS. And it came because the Rams' defensive plan was to leave our TEs on LBers and Archuletta, who is a lot like COy WIre in his coverage skills.

127688[/snapback]

I think you're right in a sense but to me it's more of a Home vs. Road manufactured mental pressure type of thing with Drew. he "chokes" on the road if you will.