OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thug got what he deserved, but now he will be able to help his album go platinum which is all he really cared about.

127609[/snapback]

That's all he cares about? Since you are apparently from Boston and have an opinion about something NBA-related, I am going to take the assumption that you watch a little NBA. Check the stats for your boy Paul Pierce when the Celtics play the Pacers. For the most part, he has awful games. Why? Because of Ron Artest. Despite his personality problems, the guy comes to play, and plays HARD, every night. How many other NBA players can say the same thing? Defensive player of the year and averaging 20 points a game...I'd say he cares a lot about his basketball career.

Of couse, you're free to dislike Artest but you can not say the guy doesn't care about basketball. If more people played like he did every night, the NBA would have more fans.

I wish the entire league was suspended 30 games. Remember when the games used to be fun to watch in the 80's when players used to play as a team with swarming defense and precision passing? I don't understand how there are enough fans to support all the NBA salaries now, same with baseball actually.

yeah, everyone loves to see flagrant fouls.

127654[/snapback]

If I were to ask you how many flagrant fouls Artest has been called for in the last two years, your guess wouldn't be anywhere close. Get informed, then post something.

By the way, your signature line was not a quote from Ron Artest. Nice try.

Again, before I go any further with Pacer-related posts, please understand that I am not defending anything that the Pacer players did on Friday night. I don't even disagree with the suspensions, other than I think Artest should have received 30 games, not the whole season.

The guy wanted out. He didn't get time off for his rap CD, now he made sure he got the year off by fighting fans.

and fans stick up for this guy ?  :(  What morons.

127694[/snapback]

You're suggesting that Artest was lying on the scorer's table, got hit in the face with a cup, and then thought to himself, "Hey if I go into the stands and start punching people, I can get suspended and work on my music career."

Mark, I respect you as much as any on this board. But that's nonsense.

I am not defending Artest. I hope you know that.

Here's what I think.

Artest had all the frickin right to go in the crowd. It's freaking illegal to throw things on the court. It's illegal to go on the court. These people instigated him to come up there after Ben Wallace got ticked and started a fight.

We live in a world where if we retaliate to what people do to us then we get punished.

If someone came to your job and threw a cup of beer on you what would you do?

These people instigated him to come up there after Ben Wallace got ticked and started a fight. We live in a world where if we retaliate to what people do to us then we get punished.

Ummmmm, Wallace was actually the one retaliating for the cheap chickenshlt hardfoul Artest had given him in the back with :45 seconds left in a 15pt game.

So Wallace didn't start it, Artest started it when he cheap-shotted Wallace in the back when the game was already over.

Here's what I think.

Artest had all the frickin right to go in the crowd. It's freaking illegal to throw things on the court. It's illegal to go on the court. These people instigated him to come up there after Ben Wallace got ticked and started a fight.

We live in a world where if we retaliate to what people do to us then we get punished.

If someone came to your job and threw a cup of beer on you what would you do?

127813[/snapback]

I don't get paid millions of dollars at my job. If my job was to sit in a dunk tank at the carnival, I'd probably be fired for attacking a person that threw the ball that dunked me into the water. Artest's profession is one that puts him in hostle situations and forbids that he react with violence. He broke the rules, and now he's paying for it.