Jason Garrett

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take him over frazier and the rest of the coordinators

Based on what? I am curious about those of you that have these incredibly firm opinions about the value or uselessness of various candidates. Please explain why Garrett would be so much better than Frazier? I don't understand it.

While I am wondering. What is up with the +1's that have suddenly started appearing? It is just a useless click of the button.

I would like Brian Schottenheimer as well especially if he brought Marty with him as a coordinator. Also I just read this on Adam Schefter's twitter "I love Buffalo, tremendous fans, and don't mean to disappoint. But Bill Cowher will not wind up as the Bills coach this season. "

My problem with Garrett is the same problem I have with Frazier, it's hard to tell how much is coaching versus having a loaded roster. Jerry Jones gives Garrett every player he wants and really Dallas on paper should be one of the better offenses. I like Brian Schottenheimer, he has worked with Brees, Rivers and Sanchez and called a heck of a game against Cincy without much firepower with the exception of the offensive line.

No !@#$ing way.

Why not? He's one of the most talented coordinators out there, has the ability to put together a dynamite staff based on his connections in the league. He's young, offensive minded and also more intense than Fraizer AND even though he's an offensive minded guy, he would (most likely) move the Bills from the Tampa 2 to more of a straight forward 4-3 or even a 3-4 (over time).

Based on what? I am curious about those of you that have these incredibly firm opinions about the value or uselessness of various candidates. Please explain why Garrett would be so much better than Frazier? I don't understand it.

While I am wondering. What is up with the +1's that have suddenly started appearing? It is just a useless click of the button.

I think it's probably the fear of another Tampa 2 defensive minded coach coming in. Garrett has years of solid offensive production in Dallas - all despite having Romo at QB.

Again, there's a reason he's the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL.

-_-

Garrett would be a huge mistake.

His wife is a partner in a Dallas law firm and he's lived there for a long time, though he did carry clipboards in Miami and New York for awhile.

I know it always takes a Princeton man to fix the messes made by Yale men, but do we really want another Ivy Leaguer as our coach?

I had this idea a few dats ago and asked Tim G about it. Here is what he said. BTW I started a thread about Garrett as a possible Bills candidate a week ago and it got 2 replies. Dallas blows up Phila in the wildcard and now he's hot again.

QUOTE (EYE OF HORUS @ Jan 5 2010, 05:09 PM)

Tim, I'm as excited as anybody at the prospect of Bill Cower coaching the Bills, but if that doesn't happen and we start interviewing coordinators, I've heard Ron Rivera and Russ Grimm and Leslie Frazier mentioned. Why has Jason Garrett fallen off everyones radar? 2 years ago he was such a hot prospect that JJ gave home 3 mil a year to OC. After a down year in 2008, the Cowboys offense looks pretty impressive again this year. If we want an offensive minded coach, shouldn't he be high on our list or did I miss something? Thanks for your input.

Garrett hasn't only been ignored by the media for the Bills opening, but for ALL openings. I think that's because he's so beholden to the Cowboys that he's entrenched. I'm not privy to what's in his contract, but considering his salary, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave away some of his freedom to look around for head coaching jobs

I think it's probably the fear of another Tampa 2 defensive minded coach coming in. Garrett has years of solid offensive production in Dallas - all despite having Romo at QB.

Again, there's a reason he's the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL.

I agree

Guest dog14787
I would fully approve of Jason Garrett. My only concern with him would be his ability to motivate.

I hate Dallas, but I really like the thought of Jason Garrett as the Bills HC.

Garrett is probably the best Offensive minded, NFL proven coach available.

I look at it this way . There are three type of coaches we are interviewing . Expierenced head coaches, defensive and offensive coordinators. I think those of us who are showing displeasure with Fazier were hoping for either an Expierenced hc or a offensive minded coach. I also think hiring Frazier will continue the Tampa two defense .

I would like Brian Schottenheimer as well especially if he brought Marty with him as a coordinator. Also I just read this on Adam Schefter's twitter "I love Buffalo, tremendous fans, and don't mean to disappoint. But Bill Cowher will not wind up as the Bills coach this season. "

The Bills should consider at least interviewing Brian Shottenheimer. He did a nice job calling the game yesterday and mixing things up. Kept the Bengals defense guessing a lot. Bills need some creativity on offense.