Motorcycle roll call

Mr Info

Thought it might be interesting to see what people have, why they use it, etc.

I'll start

2002 BMW F650GS

Why I like it: ABS brakes, heated grips, dual sport, ~ 60 mpg, center stand. Someday, I would like to get an R series.

I use it to commute to work when the weather co-operates. I can go back roads to work and the country ride for much of the trip, and being outdoors is a great way to start the day. I leave early so I do not encounter much traffic and I can shower at work. It has cut down considerably on my gas expense. When my kids are with me, I have to take the car but can usually use the cycle for, at least, 50% of my driving. I also will go on some trips with my wife (she also has a cycle - Honda Rebel). I only go on interstates when it's the only way I can get somewhere.

I am probably showing my age... What ever happened to the term "enduro." When did "dual-sport" take over?

I remember my brother buying a new Maico 250, enduro back in 1979... Sold it for a song and dance in the mid-1980's when he got married... Shame he didn't hold on to that bike... A total classic!!

i got a 99 h-d sportster 1200 xlc.

why do i like it?

custom chameleon flames paint job

custom tear drop gas tank

custom bob tail fender

custom lapera flamed seat

custom cyclone 21in front wheel

everything on the bike is chromed out.

and the biggest reason i like it is that my wife refuses to get on it.

extra bit of freedom

i got a 99 h-d sportster 1200 xlc.

why do i like it?

custom chameleon flames paint job

custom tear drop gas tank

custom bob tail fender

custom lapera flamed seat

custom cyclone 21in front wheel

everything on the bike is chromed out.

and the biggest reason i like it is that my wife refuses to get on it.

extra bit of freedom

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Freedom... Or does she know that she will still be able to collect on the death benefits? Sometimes I wonder who the smarter sex is. :thumbsup::sick:

The Enduro term is still held onto by BMW. However, since the enduros came out, the generic terms Dual-Sport and Adventure emerged and I used one of these for folks reading this thread that may recognize that term more than Enduro.

You're showing your familiarity more than your age. :thumbsup:

I am probably showing my age... What ever happened to the term "enduro." When did "dual-sport" take over?

I remember my brother buying a new Maico 250, enduro back in 1979... Sold it for a song and dance in the mid-1980's when he got married... Shame he didn't hold on to that bike... A total classic!!

The Enduro term is still held onto by BMW. However, since the enduros came out, the generic terms Dual-Sport and Adventure emerged and I used one of these for folks reading this thread that may recognize that term more than Enduro.

You're showing your familiarity more than your age. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Sounds cool... You should be ready to hit the road from Prudhow Bay, AK to Key West, FLA... Just trade that dual-sport in for a Honda GoldWing when you hit the lower 48! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

alright, like this thread already. Little history:

In 1979 I bought this TA beauty and kept it 22 years. In a typical for me monumental stupdity moment I sold it for so little I won't post the price. Mine was exactly as the one in the picture. OK $3500 Stupid MF!!! :beer:

Moved up to ATV's. Lots of fun, some scary times, and no where to ride. Did that for 4-5 years and sold them

Bought off Ebay in the middle of January this 03 Shadow for $3,000. Rode it for 3 years and sold it for $3500 :lol:

On July 3rd of this year I bought this, 04 Electraglide Classic with 3,700 miles for half of new. For 04, it was HD's top bike. It was a great find. The bike has it all: style, looks, performance, ride, touring, 2-up comfort, storage, stereo. It is also a $$$$$ pit. Between part accessories, clothes (mostly for the wife!), bike events, etc you can spend a fortune

Bike #1 #2 Crank your audio!!! :thumbsup:

Info, you mention Batavia in your location. Stans HD in Batavia is the only place to shop. Buffalo and Southtowns blow :ph34r:

In 1979 I bought this TA beauty and kept it 22 years. In a typical for me monumental stupdity moment I sold it for so little I won't post the price. Mine was exactly as the one in the picture. OK $3500 Stupid MF!!! :worthy:

Moved up to ATV's. Lots of fun, some scary times, and no where to ride. Did that for 4-5 years and sold them

Bought off Ebay in the middle of January this 03 Shadow for $3,000. Rode it for 3 years and sold it for $3500 :worthy:

On July 3rd of this year I bought this, 04 Electraglide Classic with 3,700 miles for half of new. For 04, it was HD's top bike. It was a great find. The bike has it all: style, looks, performance, ride, touring, 2-up comfort, storage, stereo. It is also a $$$$$ pit. Between part accessories, clothes (mostly for the wife!), bike events, etc you can spend a fortune

Bike #1 #2 Crank your audio!!! :worthy:

Info, you mention Batavia in your location. Stans HD in Batavia is the only place to shop. Buffalo and Southtowns blow :wallbash:

I like that B word seat. Sweet ride.

Going riding today will take a pic.

In 1979 I bought this TA beauty and kept it 22 years. In a typical for me monumental stupdity moment I sold it for so little I won't post the price. Mine was exactly as the one in the picture. OK $3500 Stupid MF!!! :wallbash:

Info, you mention Batavia in your location. Stans HD in Batavia is the only place to shop. Buffalo and Southtowns blow -_-

What about Gowanda HD. :thumbsup::( ?

Actually I figure two more months and I should be back on the road :D

That leads me to a ? Where I am in VA, usually there are a few days each month in the Winter when I can take the bike out for a short while. So I leave it on the center stand with a battery tender and a full tank with a little Stabil. Do you put it on jacks/stands and what do you do with the fuel/carb?

And yeah, though I don't live in Batavia any longer, you're spot on about Stans. That's where I send all WNY HD enthusiasts.

It is also a $$$$$ pit. :(

Reminds me of a joke. The HD and BMW cycle clubs sometimes meet near each other in Richmond. Somebody asked an HD member if it bothered them that the BMW club was meeting close by. His response, "We don't care, they spend just as much on their bikes as we do." :lol:

I ride a 2009 klx250s

It's the perfect bike for where I live. (Nelson, New Zealand.)

Great for commuting and running errands in town, plus I can take it on the road along the coast or up into the mountains and blast up any dirt trail I feel like going on. It's great to get to those hard to reach fly fishing spots.

Here are some pictures from last weeks ride.

I do plan on adding another larger beast to the stable next year. (Diver, your Road King Classic is tops on my list.)

Don't ride anymore. Had a 500 Kawasaki in the 70s. Good times.

Small world.

I bought a new 1971 Mach III. The dealer was on Niagara Falls Blvd., half-way to NF. They also sold the Czech 2-stroke line, Jawa. What a rocket! Nicely made, too - that classy stainless steel front fender, the up-lip at the end of the seat reminiscent of a BSA Royal Star. I'm a 2-stroke fan.

Other bikes:

Used Yamaha 200 2-stroke (up-pipes and electric start!), Used Suzuki X-6, Yamaha 360 enduro, Yamaha 175 enduro, new BMW 650 Boxer, new Suzuki 450GS Twin. All pretty maneuverable, lightweight rides. That Yam 360 was a stump-puller off-road - I had the cyl. tapped for a compression release.

I'd love to have that stable back, just to admire. But I lost my nerve with the last, the Suzuki 450. Went down a road grade (after glug-glug-glug :huh: ) with a diagonal cut filled with gravel...had the front brake on and wiped out. Lucky I had no body parts under it, but suffered big bruises and scrapes. Plenty of off-road bumps, but that's expected.

I always wanted one of these: :thumbsup:

http://www.rokon.com/products/trailbrkr.htm

Don't have a bike right now. Have had several over the years tho. May be getting another in the next year or 2. I really like the Harley Rocker. Real nice bike. Pretty expensive ($20,000+),so I gotta really think it thru before I make that move.

2007 Suzuki Boulevard 50T (750 cc's)

Comfortable easy bike to ride. Not to heavy but big enough to cruise confortably.

looks great with classic fenders and white wall tires. Kick plate and rocker arm shifter makes it a dream to ride.

I think you mean 805cc.

2004 Suzuki Volusia Intruder, same as yours except I have a carb instead of EFI. Love this bike, it's my daily commuter. Nothing against the HD line, but I didn't spend that much on my new car. I would need a LOT more disposable income before I threw that kind of money at something. If you go out of state, there's no replacement for displacement, but I don't, so it would be a waste of money for me.

That leads me to a ? Where I am in VA, usually there are a few days each month in the Winter when I can take the bike out for a short while. So I leave it on the center stand with a battery tender and a full tank with a little Stabil. Do you put it on jacks/stands and what do you do with the fuel/carb?

With the huge amounts of salt they throw on our streets, I just leave it until spring with a rain or 2 to wash the streets down. Stabil, tender, oil & filter change is all I do and park it. I have a bike stand but they just look so wobbly, I leave it on the ground