Wilson still the one making the calls

I know TD/Mort are buds, and he gave him the inside info to make Mort look good. But it also goes back to Butler, when he left the Bills he apparently shared with Mort the inner workings at OBD, and it was less than flattering to Ralph. Mort likes to bring that up when explaining why the Bills are not an attractive coaching job.

Please show us some links and proof to prove such claims... until then Butler never did that

I can believe Tom Donahue because him and Mort are good friends... and Mort hasn't liked the Bills since we fired Tom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show us some links and proof to prove such claims... until then Butler never did that

I can believe Tom Donahue because him and Mort are good friends... and Mort hasn't liked the Bills since we fired Tom

Look it up yourself. I already provided you links in another thread, but you're impossible to reason with, so I'm not looking anything up for you. Believe it or don't, I don't care. But the Butler did it.

I live in Atlanta and every thursday at 4pm Mort comes on the radio station here 680 the Fan and does "The Mort Report". When Buck and Kincade asked him about the BUffalo situation he said a bunch of stuff tha we have all heard but he also said that even with the Nix hire that Wilson was still the one making the calls.

I know we all hatre MOrt but could this be true and if it is does this mean we are doomed until this man dies?

If I have to listen to that slow-witted retard, Buck Bellou, make one more disparaging comment about the Bills or Buffalo, I'm going to drive over to the station and beat his asss. This guy drives me nuts, and the days when he's doing the show solo I just find something else to listen to. I can't stand the "good ol' boy" thing, and he reeks of it. Kincade is cool...I wish he'd just do the show by himself like he does on Sundays.

Ralph always hires someone who he can control. Every GM or coach who has stood up to RW has been fired or has quit. Nix will not make any decisions unless RW approves it.

this is why the bills are the suck

If I have to listen to that slow-witted retard, Buck Bellou, make one more disparaging comment about the Bills or Buffalo, I'm going to drive over to the station and beat his asss. This guy drives me nuts, and the days when he's doing the show solo I just find something else to listen to. I can't stand the "good ol' boy" thing, and he reeks of it. Kincade is cool...I wish he'd just do the show by himself like he does on Sundays.

Gotta agree that Buck is a moron about pro football but he is there for one reason and one reason only and that is his acess into the Georgia Bulldogs. You know as well as I do that the people here would much rather listen nto sports talk about college football and the dogs then they ever would about the NFL.

What if that asset showed a loss ten years running? Would it be okay for the owner to keep calling the shots? The man is 91 years old and he's in charge of a company which is valued at more than 900M? How many fortune 500 CEO's are in their tenth decade of life AND making good decisions?

The bottom line is, football people are not allowed to make football decisions in Buffalo. At least not since Polian. For the most part, all of the teams which are run by their owners are colossal flops: Dallas, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Oakland, and Washington. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 96, Cinci is in the playoffs for the second time in nearly 20 seasons, and the other have little to show for this decade.

RW is holding this team back with his penchant for making bad decisions. He cannot trust anyone and it's killing the franchise.

When an employee is an incompetent the situation can be dealt with. When the owner is an incompetent the virus infects the whole organization. The Bills are what they are because the owner is what he is . :w00t:

When an employee is an incompetent the situation can be dealt with. When the owner is an incompetent the virus infects the whole organization. The Bills are what they are because the owner is what he is . :w00t:

So much for "selling the team to the highest bidder after his death," eh JC? :thumbsup:

I live in Atlanta and every thursday at 4pm Mort comes on the radio station here 680 the Fan and does "The Mort Report". When Buck and Kincade asked him about the BUffalo situation he said a bunch of stuff tha we have all heard but he also said that even with the Nix hire that Wilson was still the one making the calls.

I know we all hatre MOrt but could this be true and if it is does this mean we are doomed until this man dies?

Yes and yes.

What if that asset showed a loss ten years running? Would it be okay for the owner to keep calling the shots? The man is 91 years old and he's in charge of a company which is valued at more than 900M? How many fortune 500 CEO's are in their tenth decade of life AND making good decisions?

The bottom line is, football people are not allowed to make football decisions in Buffalo. At least not since Polian. For the most part, all of the teams which are run by their owners are colossal flops: Dallas, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Oakland, and Washington. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 96, Cinci is in the playoffs for the second time in nearly 20 seasons, and the other have little to show for this decade.

RW is holding this team back with his penchant for making bad decisions. He cannot trust anyone and it's killing the franchise.

They have???????? Everyone keeps saying that the bills are turning a profit every year and have been breaking team records selling Season tickets.

Everyone is acting like this is something new or something no other team does, YET ALL TEAMS DO THIS! Do people seriously think that team owners don't get a say in what goes on with their team? All this is saying is that Nix and the rest of the front office will chose 2-3 of THEIR top choices, and then go to Ralph and discuss the choices with him to make the final decisions. The GM is still making the decision as they will be his choices, but when making the final decision, the owner will be involved in making the final choice. The only difference from before is that now they will have a true football guy making the choices and presenting them to the owner instead of a marketing guy.

So much for "selling the team to the highest bidder after his death," eh JC? :w00t:

Doc, I don't have a clue what you are referring to . The team is going to be sold to the highest bidder when the owner passes. At least that is what the owner says. Why wouldn't you believe him?

They have???????? Everyone keeps saying that the bills are turning a profit every year and have been breaking team records selling Season tickets.

Everyone is acting like this is something new or something no other team does, YET ALL TEAMS DO THIS! Do people seriously think that team owners don't get a say in what goes on with their team? All this is saying is that Nix and the rest of the front office will chose 2-3 of THEIR top choices, and then go to Ralph and discuss the choices with him to make the final decisions. The GM is still making the decision as they will be his choices, but when making the final decision, the owner will be involved in making the final choice. The only difference from before is that now they will have a true football guy making the choices and presenting them to the owner instead of a marketing guy.

No one is realistically saying the owner is a bystander in a coach or GM search. The degree of involvement is what remains troubling for me. Ralph Wilson is an owner, not a GM and as such doesn't know the finer points of what a GM or HC does. I expect him to have say but not make the choice.

And if you believe that Nix isn't getting "input" from RW, Mr. Smithers, and Littman, you're living in a cave. Nix is a football guy, but the authority he has will be seriously in doubt until he can make changes to the front office. And that's probably not happening, given that John Guy and Tom Modrak are still in their positions. Make no mistakes APUS, RW is making the decision.

No one is realistically saying the owner is a bystander in a coach or GM search. The degree of involvement is what remains troubling for me. Ralph Wilson is an owner, not a GM and as such doesn't know the finer points of what a GM or HC does. I expect him to have say but not make the choice.

And if you believe that Nix isn't getting "input" from RW, Mr. Smithers, and Littman, you're living in a cave. Nix is a football guy, but the authority he has will be seriously in doubt until he can make changes to the front office. And that's probably not happening, given that John Guy and Tom Modrak are still in their positions. Make no mistakes APUS, RW is making the decision.

And you know this how?

You would think that in the 50 years of owning a pro football team, RW would know what a GM and HC do.

All that was reported and said is that they will go to Ralph with Nix and his teams top 2-3 choices for GM to make the final decision. Ralph isn't the one going to them saying to hire Coach "X", or Coach "Y". He is being included in the final decision or Nix's choices just as the guy who signs the checks should be included.

i guess now with DJ gone, along with his coaching staff, Guy and Modrak have now been thrust into the top spot of TBD whipping boys, Congrats Guy and Modrak! its quite the honor

Mort is biased. He hates ralph ever since he fired is manlover Donahoe. True or not, Mort will spin anything regarding Ralph in a negative way because of his extreme bias.

Gotta agree that Buck is a moron about pro football but he is there for one reason and one reason only and that is his acess into the Georgia Bulldogs. You know as well as I do that the people here would much rather listen nto sports talk about college football and the dogs then they ever would about the NFL.

True, good point. I know he's a local hero and all....even though he was nothing more than an average college QB who was the beneficiary of probably the greatest college player in history...lol

I wish they'd just dedicate part of the show to Bulldog talk and let him do that, and then leave the rest of the show for Kincade to talk about everything else. Move Leo Mazzone to work with Kincade, maybe...just enough of this Bellou idiot!

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/80428217.ht...deo=YHI&t=a

Nix: "We've started whittling the list down, and we'll start interviewing those guys. We'll come up with our two best candidates ranked, three at the most. We'll take them to Mr. Wilson, and we'll have a consensus and come out of there with one."

That's where Nix will place the pen in Ralph's gnarled mitt and help him scrawl an "X" on the contract.

Doc, I don't have a clue what you are referring to . The team is going to be sold to the highest bidder when the owner passes. At least that is what the owner says. Why wouldn't you believe him?

The owner never said that JC, although if you have one, I'd be interested in a direct quote from ol' Ralphie. However the most recent report is that there is a succession plan in place, ostensibly with his wife, for whom there would be no estate taxes and thus no need to sell immediately. Thus making the ownership situation "stable."

That's where Nix will place the pen in Ralph's gnarled mitt and help him scrawl an "X" on the contract.

So Ralph won't be the only making the call then, right? That was the point.