Wilson still the one making the calls

The owner never said that JC, although if you have one, I'd be interested in a direct quote from ol' Ralphie. However the most recent report is that there is a succession plan in place, ostensibly with his wife, for whom there would be no estate taxes and thus no need to sell immediately. Thus making the ownership situation "stable."

So Ralph won't be the only making the call then, right? That was the point.

Doc, There have been numerous reports that the team will be auctioned off when he passes. Do your own research? I don't have the time to waste over something that has been repeatedly reported.

As far as your fictitious succession report of his wife taking over the franchise you are making up something that has not been reported from any credible source. I would like for you to be correct about the succession strategy, but I doubt the authenticity of your reported plan.

The point I and many others have made in regards to the owner is that he is substantially involved in the decision making of the organization. That is the primary reason why the Bills are one of the most ridiculed franchises in the NFL.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc, There have been numerous reports that the team will be auctioned off when he passes. Do your own research? I don't have the time to waste over something that has been repeatedly reported.

As far as your fictitious succession report of his wife taking over the franchise you are making up something that has not been reported from any credible source. I would like for you to be correct about the succession strategy, but I doubt the authenticity of your reported plan.

The point I and many others have made in regards to the owner is that he is substantially involved in the decision making of the organization. That is the primary reason why the Bills are one of the most ridiculed franchises in the NFL.

Sal Capaccio is a credible source when it comes to the Bills, and he has reported that there is a succession plan in place.

The only thing fictitious is the belief of whatever source you used. With no direct quote by Wilson, much less anyone seeing his will, it's there's more of a succession plan than "duh, the team will be sold to the highest bidder." And if you think about it, leaving it to his daughters and thus having to fire-sell the team to pay the estate taxes, would bring less than being able to sell the team on their (his heirs') own terms.

Ralph is no more in control of the decision making than the majority of owners. As with any owner, major decisions need to be cleared with him first. The only time he's stepped-in is when Butler and TD were wasting his money and the team was doing poorly. And as I said, he wanted Mike Sherman back in 2006 and Levy wanted Jauron, and Levy got his man.

Ralph is no more in control of the decision making than the majority of owners. As with any owner, major decisions need to be cleared with him first. The only time he's stepped-in is when Butler and TD were wasting his money and the team was doing poorly. And as I said, he wanted Mike Sherman back in 2006 and Levy wanted Jauron, and Levy got his man.

Doc, My point is very simple about Ralph Wilson's involvement in the franchise. He is very involved. What he wants he gets. No one is disputing the point about how much influence the Bills' owner has compared to anyone other owner. The point I am making, as others are making, is that he is an incompetent who makes very bad decisions which have battered this demoralized franchise.

The owner decided to let Bill Polian go. How has that worked out? The owner drove out Butler and A. J. Smith. Compare the loaded Charger roster to the Bills' depleted roster? The owner hired Tom Donahoe. How did that work out? The owner hired the congenial and clueless Marv Levy as his GM. The organization is still trying to repair the damages. The owner hired a marketing man to run the football operation. Now the owner at least brought in a football person in Buddy Nix to be the primary decision maker on the football side of the operation. It was the owner who rushed to give the stoic Dick Jauron an extension. After the contract extension the HC went 2-8. Tom Modrak and John Guy the primary personnel men in the organization have been with the francise during the dismal decade. They are still employed. Why?

I can go on and on about the caliber of decisions this buffoon owner has made. But what is the point. Before the season started the Bills over the past decade ranked 29 out of 32 teams for wins. They had a winning percentage of .417. Their record over this period of time was 60-82. As I stated before the Bills on the field are a reflection of the incompetence of this goofy owner.

Doc, My point is very simple about Ralph Wilson's involvement in the franchise. He is very involved. What he wants he gets. No one is disputing the point about how much influence the Bills' owner has compared to anyone other owner. The point I am making, as others are making, is that he is an incompetent who makes very bad decisions which have battered this demoralized franchise.

The owner decided to let Bill Polian go. How has that worked out? The owner drove out Butler and A. J. Smith. Compare the loaded Charger roster to the Bills' depleted roster? The owner hired Tom Donahoe. How did that work out? The owner hired the congenial and clueless Marv Levy as his GM. The organization is still trying to repair the damages. The owner hired a marketing man to run the football operation. Now the owner at least brought in a football person in Buddy Nix to be the primary decision maker on the football side of the operation. It was the owner who rushed to give the stoic Dick Jauron an extension. After the contract extension the HC went 2-8. Tom Modrak and John Guy the primary personnel men in the organization have been with the francise during the dismal decade. They are still employed. Why?

I can go on and on about the caliber of decisions this buffoon owner has made. But what is the point. Before the season started the Bills over the past decade ranked 29 out of 32 teams for wins. They had a winning percentage of .417. Their record over this period of time was 60-82. As I stated before the Bills on the field are a reflection of the incompetence of this goofy owner.

Polian was a goner. Four trips to the SB and no rings, thanks to undertalented overachieving overpaid faves of his like Wright and Kelso. Too bad for the Bills they didn't face a team as weak as the Bears in the SB.

As for Butler, he was dead within 3 years after he left the Bills (unless you think being in/with Buffalo was keeping the cancer at bay). They would have had to look for someone else anyway had he stayed. But he knew he screwed up the cap, FA, and the 2000 draft, and went like a rat from a sinking ship. Smith probably would have made the GM in SD, on Butler's recommendation.

And when TD was hired, the Bills were hailed for making a great move. Ralph gave TD full control, and we all saw what happened. Then Ralph brought Marv in, let he and Jauron (again who Levy, not Ralph, wanted) run the show. The only way he's "controlling" the team is imposing a cash-to-cap philosophy, which most teams are using these days.

Do I wish Ralph was loaded, younger, and Buffalo something other than the least desirable place for anyone in the NFL to be? Sure. But that's not the reality.

Polian was a goner. Four trips to the SB and no rings, thanks to undertalented overachieving overpaid faves of his like Wright and Kelso. Too bad for the Bills they didn't face a team as weak as the Bears in the SB.

As for Butler, he was dead within 3 years after he left the Bills (unless you think being in/with Buffalo was keeping the cancer at bay). They would have had to look for someone else anyway had he stayed. But he knew he screwed up the cap, FA, and the 2000 draft, and went like a rat from a sinking ship. Smith probably would have made the GM in SD, on Butler's recommendation.

And when TD was hired, the Bills were hailed for making a great move. Ralph gave TD full control, and we all saw what happened. Then Ralph brought Marv in, let he and Jauron (again who Levy, not Ralph, wanted) run the show. The only way he's "controlling" the team is imposing a cash-to-cap philosophy, which most teams are using these days.

Do I wish Ralph was loaded, younger, and Buffalo something other than the least desirable place for anyone in the NFL to be? Sure. But that's not the reality.

Doc, A generation of excuses begets more excuses from the true believers. The Bills lose for the simple reason that the franchise is ineptly managed, starting from the ownership and working its way done. The only meaningful way to judge an organization is by looking at its record. In a system designed for parity their record is disgraceful.

He made it sound like more than that. Like hhe wold be the one picking the coach not Nix.

Ralph Wilson is the damn owner. Who do you think will have the final say? Don't be a knucklehead. This is not news.

Nix will take the best candidates to Ralph and Ralph will decide. Whoever Nix takes to Ralph whoever is selected should be good or Nix wouldn't bother to take them to Mr. Wilson.

Ralph Wilson is the damn owner. Who do you think will have the final say? Don't be a knucklehead. This is not news.

Nix will take the best candidates to Ralph and Ralph will decide. Whoever Nix takes to Ralph whoever is selected should be good or Nix wouldn't bother to take them to Mr. Wilson.

Ralph shouldn't be the final word on it. He should just give his input and let them find someone they all mutually agree on.

Leadership falls from the top. Just take a look at other top notch executive office within other organizations and compare their team's play.

Sorry I'm not sold with Nix. There's a reason the guy has never been more than a scout in the NFL until recently.