Jairus Byrd finalist for Pepsi Rookie of the Year Award

papazoid

Percy Harvin = Bill Schroeder 2.0.

The guy is just an extension of Brett Favre's arm.

I respectfully beg to differ with you. It's not like I'm some Harvin fan; but credit must be given where it's due ... unless Favre is also the lead blocker on kick returns and end arounds.

Harvin set a Vikings record with 2,081 combined yards, second in the NFC. Harvin recorded two kickoff returns for a touchdown, including a 101-yarder, and ranked fourth in the NFL with a 27.5-yard kickoff return average (42 returns for 1,156 yards). In 15 games, Harvin had 60 receptions for 790 yards and six touchdowns and 135 rushing yards on 15 attempts.

Jairus needs your help.....

......link let's you vote more than once.

VOTE HERE :

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

BYRD, CUSHING, HARVIN, MATTHEWS & OHER

Papa--I appreciate your fandom, but you shouldn't ask people to lie on a Sunday. :rolleyes:

He's a really nice player. Hopefully he continues to improve his game and becomes a multi-Pro Bowl player for the Bills, but he doesn't hold a candle to the competition. Either of the LBs had a bigger impact & I could give an argument for Harvin & Oher too.

Papa--I appreciate your fandom, but you shouldn't ask people to lie on a Sunday. :rolleyes:

He's a really nice player. Hopefully he continues to improve his game and becomes a multi-Pro Bowl player for the Bills, but he doesn't hold a candle to the competition. Either of the LBs had a bigger impact & I could give an argument for Harvin & Oher too.

"LIE" ??......thats a lil harsh.....besides, today is Saturday.......i prefer "splitting hairs on a five way tie" so go with our guy.

useless fact:

Jairus led the league in interceptions.......those other guys didn't lead the league in anything.

and, and.....those other guys were all first round picks,,,,,thats not exactly fair.....lol

"LIE" ??......thats a lil harsh.....besides, today is Saturday.......i prefer "splitting hairs on a five way tie" so go with our guy.

useless fact:

Jairus led the league in interceptions.......those other guys didn't lead the league in anything.

and, and.....those other guys were all first round picks,,,,,thats not exactly fair.....lol

Sarcasm...except for the Sunday part. Somehow I lost a day. :rolleyes: Yippee, I don't have to work tomorrow!

I just can't bring myself to cast a vote his way. I'm really happy he's ours, but that competition is too much.

all the stats for other players are ordinary for a quality starter. 9 ints is an elite stat for anyone. If you lead the league in rushing, receiving, tds, sacks, or ints you deserve ROY. Punt return yards don't count for squat.

I don't have any faith in online polls that don't show the current results.

They're following the Iranian model of democracy:

The people's vote counts for X number of votes

The Ayatollah/The NFL's vote counts for X++

But don't think that the NFL doesn't value your vote

Everytime you click on that link it brings up an advertisement which generates revenue to the NFL

Thanks for voting :)

Yep. Love that multiple vote option. :censored:

So do the people that run voting Bots. I would bet the guy from GB wins. Between the number of fans they have and the number who run bot programs, I would say the odds are good.

I would have thought Pepsi would know better. They should have talked to Campbell soup.

PS I voted 10 times for Byrd anyway.

you migh want to oil that brain of yours. The Defensive player of the year (last time I looked) had as many INTs' as the ROOKIE Byrd that didn't even start every game and that fought an injury (groin ?) all season long

byrd's a good player, but his ints were mostly gifts of the two deep zone defense... my grandmother could have fielded half those near-punts. good player, though.

EDIT: Thanks for your vote! Check back on Thursday, Feb. 4th to find out which player took home the honor.

VOTING HAS CLOSED !!

Jairus needs your help.....Voting ends on Feb 2nd at 6 pm.

......link let's you vote more than once.

VOTE HERE :

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

BYRD, CUSHING, HARVIN, MATTHEWS & OHER