10 Years Ago Today - Music City Miracle

I wasn't a diehard Bills fan back then, but I don't agree with all your complaints that it was a forward pass. After lots of review, it was directly lateral. Ok, now you guys can flame me.

When I first saw it I had no doubt it was a forward pass, but I agree with you now that it was a lateral

I wasn't a diehard Bills fan back then, but I don't agree with all your complaints that it was a forward pass. After lots of review, it was directly lateral. Ok, now you guys can flame me.

When I first saw it I had no doubt it was a forward pass, but I agree with you now that it was a lateral

there is no true bills fan in history that would agree it was a lateral........

doesnt matter if it was legal.

it will always be an illegal forward pass to me!

I remember that like it was yesterday. I worked at Best Buy at the time and I was working on a delivery truck. We made about 5 stops that day and almost everyone had the game on. It was really hard to work trying to watch the game. I had won employee of the month for my department and I got this little radio with a headset. I listed to the game on this thing and it kept going in and out because of a crap reception. We pull back into the parking lot and as we are backing the truck up the Bills kick off. I remember being so happy and thinking we are going to play next week. Then the radio goes dead as the Bills kick off and I am pissed wondering what has happened and I am playing with this radio and finally the thing starts working again only for me to hear, "there are no flags on the field!"

I threw that radio in the trash and I have been suffering with other Bills fans ever since.

And yes I think we would have won the Super Bowl that year.

I punched a hole in the wall at my parents' house (hey, I was 16 at the time) when that happened.

I was at my desk at the time and threw my pen so hard at the closet door that it stuck into the door.

On one hand, I would have loved to see what that team could have done against the Rams in the Superbowl.

On the other hand, I would have dreaded dropping to 0-5.

I don't think that Rob Johnson was going to lead the Bills to a championship...

you are dead to me.

i never cared if it was a forward lateral or not....how about someone make the freakin tackle

I will never forget this game because it happened on my 28th birthday and I didnt want to start drinking during the game because I was going to be out that night so Im sitting there in my apartment with a Molson Golden and a can opener in my hand waiting for all zeros on the board to crack it open and start celebrating....yeah that beer went right back in the fridge

i did end up drinking myself to oblivion that night though

you are dead to me.

I'm sorry I look at things logically. Yes, it hurts (even for me still) but it wasn't an illegal play. If you are going to hold a grudge, do so against the special teams unit that failed to make a tackle. That's all the Bills needed to win and they didn't do their part.

Officials still should have flagged it. No way they could tell if it was forward or not at game speed. The play would not have held up under review.

I remember this like it was yesterday. My whole family went to my uncles back porch to get food before the overtime...or so they thought. They all thought i was joking when i came running outside saying we just lost the game. :thumbsup:

I dont think you are remembering this game as well as you think, the Bills took the lead 16-15 before the runback so how exactly was it going to end up in overtime if they didnt run it back?