PLEASE Do not draft Colt McCoy

smuvtalker

wtf was with that TO with 15 seconds left? Good lord get to the locker room and staunch the bleeding!

That was almost as stupid as Sabans idiotic FG attempt that invited you guys back into the game.

Yeah, completely agree. I have no clue what we were doing there, it was retarded.

You are so !@#$in in love with this kid aren't you...The shovel pass in no way was Gilberts fault

:unsure:

Far from it. I think McCoy has been overrated as a college QB for pretty much his entire career and I want nothing to do with him at the pro level.

I just think shitting on the kid after what was likely the worst night of his life because he couldn't find an articulate way to answer the post game reporter is retarded. Equally as retarded as pretending to know the extent of his injury or how much he tried to come back into the game (not you, others in the thread).

wtf was with that TO with 15 seconds left? Good lord get to the locker room and staunch the bleeding!

That was almost as stupid as Sabans idiotic FG attempt that invited you guys back into the game.

Mack's explanation was even worse. First saying that a shovel pass is "as safe as a draw play" was hilarious. And then the reasoning behind it was his big plan was to get to midfield so he could throw a hail mary?

I'm a big fan of using every second of the half and I detest timid coaches who take a knee on their own 30 with 1:30 to play (cough, Jauron, cough), but sometimes you just got to pack it in. High risk, low reward...

Far from it. I think McCoy has been overrated as a college QB for pretty much his entire career and I want nothing to do with him at the pro level.

I just think shitting on the kid after what was likely the worst night of his life because he couldn't find an articulate way to answer the post game reporter is retarded. Equally as retarded as pretending to know the extent of his injury or how much he tried to come back into the game (not you, others in the thread).

As a Texas fan, I agree. I hate to think that McCoy isn't going to be successful at the next level, but I just don't think he will be. He'll be a good backup QB, and that's about it. Oh, and your 2nd paragraph put it perfectly.

With idiotic comments like these, it's a good thing you don't post very often. It spares the rest of us.

My comment is idiotic? Because I posted an opinion that is not one that you agree with? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this, and because you don't agree, you can come on here and look down on me and tell me my post is idiotic? Why don't you get over yourself, immediately.

Of all my posts, I've never come on here and insulted anyone, that's not my M.O. I'm sure of all your posts you've never made an opinion that maybe other people don't agree with.

I've read many of your posts, and for the most part thought you were a pretty alright guy. Don't come on here trying to belittle someone for their idea.

It's a$$holes like you that are the reason other people don't post their ideas. This is a message board.

Go f$ck yourself....

I'm sorry, there is no way this guy should be a Buffalo Bill. I don't care how much of an arm he has, this kid is as tough as wet tissue paper. I'm not a medical doctor, nor was I the one on the field who took that hit, but that had to be one of the weakest hits I've ever seen knock someone out of the game! I mean, come on! Are you kidding me? This is the national championship, this is for all the marbles, the pinnacle of the college football stage, and you're "the one" who your teams hopes rest on! And you take a hit like that and just effing quit??? Your whole effing team is counting on you, you're the undenied leader, and that is enough to take you out? I'm sorry, the only way I'm not goin back in the game is if I'm dead.

I don't post often, but I had to voice my opinion on this one. I don't want this guy on the Bills.

Agreed. Worked his entire carrer to get here he let his team and every fan down by pusshing out. He is either the biggest puss or primadona in college football. I mean hell at least bradford was CRUSHED when he was injured and tried to make a comeback to get injured again. This puss has a bruise and sat out of the biggest game of his career.

My comment is idiotic? Because I posted an opinion that is not one that you agree with? I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this, and because you don't agree, you can come on here and look down on me and tell me my post is idiotic? Why don't you get over yourself, immediately.

Of all my posts, I've never come on here and insulted anyone, that's not my M.O. I'm sure of all your posts you've never made an opinion that maybe other people don't agree with.

I've read many of your posts, and for the most part thought you were a pretty alright guy. Don't come on here trying to belittle someone for their idea.

It's a$$holes like you that are the reason other people don't post their ideas. This is a message board.

Go f$ck yourself....

Well, don't post stupid things. Jk :unsure:

But seriously, this is a pretty terrible idea. Most guy's calling out McCoy have never played a down of football intheir life, much less at the highest college level. McCoy has teh most wins in NCAA HISTORY. That means he played a lot of games and probably through some pain. To think that he just suddenly play in the championship just is stupid and insulting. But you're welcome to your opinion. :w00t:

Well, don't post stupid things. Jk :unsure:

But seriously, this is a pretty terrible idea. Most guy's calling out McCoy have never played a down of football intheir life, much less at the highest college level. McCoy has teh most wins in NCAA HISTORY. That means he played a lot of games and probably through some pain. To think that he just suddenly play in the championship just is stupid and insulting. But you're welcome to your opinion. :w00t:

Thank you for at least not insulting me. I can definitely see your point of view. I did play college football, and I have taken plenty of hits, but I definitely can say I wasn't on the field yesterday, and even though it didn't look that bad, I don't know the severity of the hit. I definitely didn't get a medical degree, so I have no idea how bad it was. But I guess the only point I was trying to make was that it just didn't seem to me like the kid wanted to get back onto the "battlefield" with his teammates.

But hey, it's just my opinion....I've been known to be wrong a time or two...

:huh:

If you're referring to me, I stand by my comments. Look at the replay of the on field interview. I'm talking about body language, nothing else. The kid was laughing and smiling and it took him a while to gather composure to get into a serious mode.

I haven't followed his career at all and don't know jack about his stats, but his demeanor after his team lost the biggest game of his career was totally wrong.

Thank you for at least not insulting me. I can definitely see your point of view. I did play college football, and I have taken plenty of hits, but I definitely can say I wasn't on the field yesterday, and even though it didn't look that bad, I don't know the severity of the hit. I definitely didn't get a medical degree, so I have no idea how bad it was. But I guess the only point I was trying to make was that it just didn't seem to me like the kid wanted to get back onto the "battlefield" with his teammates.

But hey, it's just my opinion....I've been known to be wrong a time or two...

:w00t:

It's cool. I played college too and IMO, it just seems really hard to believe anyone would want to miss their last ever game. Especially the championship game. But I can see your point when you see MCCoy joking around with Vince Young. However given how much McCoy accomplished along the way, I just think he wasn't able to get back in there. It's unfortunate all around (especially when you bet Texas because they had a veteran QB :unsure: ).

Give the kid a break...you have no idea how hurt he might be. Easy to judge others from your couch with a bowl of chips!

i hear yah. im on board for not drafting-buts thats bc he is a system QB. the injury...we dont have a clue. i cant see a kid skipping his championship game/last college game for draft stock. what a bunch of knuckle heads

i hear yah. im on board for not drafting-buts thats bc he is a system QB. the injury...we dont have a clue. i cant see a kid skipping his championship game/last college game for draft stock. what a bunch of knuckle heads

Texas runs a very pro like system. He is the opposite of a system QB IMO. I just don't think he has the physical tools to be a good NFL QB. That one thing that is very interesting about him is the fact that he has teh record for most wins ever (broke Phillip Rivers' record). That stat means a ton to me. I don't think he'll ever be a NFL starter. But in the 3rd or later, he could be a very good value pick and quality backup for a long time.

If you're referring to me, I stand by my comments. Look at the replay of the on field interview. I'm talking about body language, nothing else. The kid was laughing and smiling and it took him a while to gather composure to get into a serious mode.

I haven't followed his career at all and don't know jack about his stats, but his demeanor after his team lost the biggest game of his career was totally wrong.

Interesting. I didn't see it that way at all. I interpreted his pause to gather composure as him probably holding back tears and being completely at a loss for words. I can't imagine what it would feel like to work so hard for years to get to the biggest stage of your life and then have the moment taken from you. And then to have to articulate those feelings on the spot in a post-game interview. His "smiling and laughing" (as I saw it) was not in the "ha ha" sense at all.

I thought he was humble and classy and any awkwardness stemmed from emotion spilling over. And I'm not a big McCoy fan in the first place.

Wow, you people are !@#$s. I've seen Colt take some hits that no other QB would EVER have come back from. Colt has a lot of faults, but toughness isn't one of them.

Yes, I don't think Colt is worth a 1st round pick, but his toughness, leadership, and will for the game of football are his best attributes.

Agreed. It's more or less the same way I feel about Tebow. Some people here... not sure who they would draft. I have news for you, JK made mistakes in college games too. I'm sure people here would have been saying 'dont draft that guy, he's the suxorz2!!!!'

They just said he wanted to go back in but the Doctor and Mack Brown told him he was done.

I have no problem with him not playing when the doc tells him he can't. I still don't want him on my team though, I just don't think he is an NFL QB, doesn't have the arm. Just another college QB benefitting from playing in a dominant program. Rally, after the Mike Williams thing, I am not sure I ever want us to pick a guy from Texas again. That wound still bleeds.

I love all the wanna-be trainers in here. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT HAPPENED. He was taken in for x-rays, then family members had to come to the locker room. Apparently something serious happened or he would be back in there.

Freaking brain surgeons in here. Too bad some of you couldn't take that hit instead.

Beat me to it. It doesn't matter what kind of hit it looked like from a TV screen. The kid didn't take hits all year just to bow out of the biggest game of his college career. They took xrays. Probably a third degree shoulder separation, judging from his comment that he "couldn't feel his arm at all". That's a major injury. Besides, if you can't feel your arm, how are you going to throw?

He said his whole arm went numb and couldent fel it. Did anyone see him on the post game interview he was Damn near crying because of this whole thing.

I may not like Colt McCoy and do think he is a bit overrated but to call him a &)*$@ch for not coming back after probably a bad seperation is just ludacris.

Agreed. Worked his entire carrer to get here he let his team and every fan down by pusshing out. He is either the biggest puss or primadona in college football. I mean hell at least bradford was CRUSHED when he was injured and tried to make a comeback to get injured again. This puss has a bruise and sat out of the biggest game of his career.

Yeah, Bradford came back in 5 weeks later after god knows how many treatments and shots only to be yanked in the UT game. You make no sense, don't beat the OU drum pal.

Colt is a player and I would not mind this kid calling the signals here. Maybe a 2nd round pick after we take a LT. But for anyone to judge him is ridiculous. You all really think that hit scared him so much that he pulled himself out or he was thinking about his pro career?

How about the fact that if he torched Bama's D he would be an instant top 15 pick. Pull your heads from your asses. This kid will be a good player for someone.