Ask Tim Graham: Part III

TimGraham

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right. The only way to beat San Diego is in a shootout.

I didn't say they had to beat them in a shootout. In fact, I said I didn't think they could, but that the statistics you referenced in your blurb only suggested that they did, not that they merely had to shut down an already anemic rushing attack. I wonder if either you or Bretherton factored in the most accurate kicker in the history of football missing three field goals, including two from 40 yards or less.

I was actually hoping for a little insight, not a snyde remark. Peter King said in his MMQB that he was "shocked" at SD's inability to run yesterday. Did he not watch them all season? Did Bretherton??

Tim,

Do you have any info on the Chan Gailey rumors? Is it a "done deal", or is it just the next "the bills have found their guy", because we've heard that once a week for the last 3 weeks.

Also, can you confirm or deny that the only reason why the Bills MIGHT BE hiring him is because Ralph Wilson has a coupon for him?

Tim G, Is Ralph Wilson trying to be more erratic than Al Davis? It seems to me that the GM search and the HC search was done in a very second rate manner. If Chan Gailey is hired and with the Nix hiring for the GM position it seems that this organization is running out of steam and just fading into oblivion. It is bad enough that possibly both hires are very uninspiring but the decision making in this organization is getting more bizarre each passing day.

Hey Tim - Nice article on Chan.

WRT the fans liking the choice.

What's that saying about letting the fans run the team?

You sure do like stirring these people up. :thumbsup:

Tim has an update on ESPN where a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter

The team announced it would hold a news conference at its facility in Orchard Park, N.Y. at 2 p.m. ET.

The Bills are said to be impressed with how Gailey has brought teams to the playoffs with quarterbacks such as Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart and Jay Fiedler. In fact, Bill Cowher highly recommended Gailey to the Bills.

Thanks Tim

You're actually asking a reporter to "out" a source?

Seriously?

Definitely not out the source, but provide context - how fullproof is the source vs idle chatter that Clayton usually gets his scoops from.

Tim, you were at the PC. Couldn't you have done something to prevent this? It's like you just watched a train wreck and stood there holding the camera. Why didn't you jump in and help, somehow?

Seriously, though, this sucks. :thumbsup:

Tim, you were at the PC. Couldn't you have done something to prevent this? It's like you just watched a train wreck and stood there holding the camera. Why didn't you jump in and help, somehow?

Seriously, though, this sucks. :ph34r:

ha ha, I can see it now:

Buddy - "now before I introduce Chan as our new HC, if there is anyone here who believes that this coaching hire should not occur, please say so now or forever hold your peace."

Tim - "please stop. You should know that the Bills really love Marty and Marty really loves the Bills. Just give them a chan-ce..."

:thumbsup:

Tim.....why is it a story that Schotty got turned down? By the way, what are your sources?

Sure, I can tell you my sources. Then they would never speak to me again. And all of the things they know they would keep to themselves. That means you'll get less information.

In reality, you have two options:

1) Believe me based on my track record.

2) Dismiss my story.