how big of a joke is this team when...

How big of a joke is this theam when Russ Grimm, who depserately wants a head coaching position

turns down an interview?

It looks like the first candidate that will take the Bills' call will be hired and this guy won't take the

call?

It is pretty clear that NOBODY within the NFL respects anything going on here.

Just to be clear, I am a life-long Bills fan and wish I could be optimistic, but when nobody-asst coaches

turn down the opportunity to get a big promotion with your team it isn't a good sign.

How big of a joke is this theam when Russ Grimm, who depserately wants a head coaching position

turns down an interview?

It looks like the first candidate that will take the Bills' call will be hired and this guy won't take the

call?

Just to be clear, I am a life-long Bills fan and wish I could be optimistic, but when nobody-asst coaches

turn down the opportunity to get a big promotion with your team it isn't a good sign.

That's one way of looking at it. Another might be that Grimm is simply pouring all his energies into the playoff task at hand.

Still another view might be that if Grimm is too stupid to even CONSIDER an opportunity of a lifetime then maybe he's not up to the challenge. At the very LEAST interviewing with the Bills would be a good experience for him and would better prepare him for his next opportunity. If that's the case, Grimm isn't half the coaching candidate I thought he was.

GO BILLS!!!

That's one way of looking at it. Another might be that Grimm is simply pouring all his energies into the playoff task at hand.

Still another view might be that if Grimm is too stupid to even CONSIDER an opportunity of a lifetime then maybe he's not up to the challenge. At the very LEAST interviewing with the Bills would be a good experience for him and would better prepare him for his next opportunity. If that's the case, Grimm isn't half the coaching candidate I thought he was.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree if you have HC aspirations, then interviewing for the job at least gets you in the news for that role.

Wow, I want to be as positive as the previous two posters, but I don't see any legitimate way to

spin this. The Bills' HC job is not desireable.

I think it is time to call Haslett and Trestman. First one to answer their phone wins the job.

Let's see...the Bills are the ONLY head coaching job available right now in the NFL. Only the Oakland Raiders, the one job that is even worse than the Bills, could open up later. And you have your panties in a knot because the aren't rushing to hire the first guy? Wanna come over for a poker game?

PTR

Let's see...the Bills are the ONLY head coaching job available right now in the NFL. Only the Oakland Raiders, the one job that is even worse than the Bills, could open up later. And you have your panties in a knot because the aren't rushing to hire the first guy? Wanna come over for a poker game?

PTR

I think your spin's reversed, the first guys aren't rushing to be hired.

Wow, I want to be as positive as the previous two posters, but I don't see any legitimate way to

spin this. The Bills' HC job is not desireable.

I think it is time to call Haslett and Trestman. First one to answer their phone wins the job.

Let's see. There are 32 of these positions in the entire world and it's not desireable? To whom? The big names that everyone's heard of? So what? This is a process that may take awhile. You're just setting yourself up for a major letdown if they don't sign the guy you want. And even if they DO sign the guy you want the reasons for the undesireability of the job will still remain until rectified.

Nothing to stress over. Whether it's Cowher or Joe Schmoe, it ain't gonna change overnight.

GO BILLS!!!

It isn't a joke, but kinda funny. Sadly, it is pretty close to the truth too, Ralphy has buried this organization.

And now we find out that Mangini is staying on at Cleveland. If Holmgren had sent him packing, we could have made him an offer. His record is as good as Dick Jauron's. If this keeps up, they'll have to take Haslett and make him play linebacker as well as coach. Maybe we could convince Shottenheimer to play LB on the other side.

Just kidding. Please don't pass this on to Wilson. He would think it's a good idea. Of course, Ralph would think they are very young (under 70), but I'm sure that is a minor annoyance. The most important thing is that they are intensely loyal to the organization.

turns down an interview?

call?

Oh good lord! Russ Grimm can't interview for the position right now because he's with a team that's in the playoffs. The

NFL's anti tampering rules prohibit it. I'm glad you're a die hard fan, but you're reading way too much into every unconfirmed report, blog, rumor and spew that comes from the internet. Relax.

After all, whomever the new coach is, no one is going to like it.

i don't really have a problem with the way this search is going. the bills are clearly considering a LOT of different guys and taking their time to speak with each one. The lack of other vacancies means they have time to make an informed rational decision. As the days pass, I think you'll see that people do want to coach here, despite the madness of King Ralph.

I only wish King Ralph had put as much thought into his GM choice. Ironically, the haphazard way he chose Nix is probably one of the things that's scaring Russ Grimm.

i don't really have a problem with the way this search is going. the bills are clearly considering a LOT of different guys and taking their time to speak with each one. The lack of other vacancies means they have time to make an informed rational decision. As the days pass, I think you'll see that people do want to coach here, despite the madness of King Ralph.

I only wish King Ralph had put as much thought into his GM choice. Ironically, the haphazard way he chose Nix is probably one of the things that's scaring Russ Grimm.

There are plenty of people who want the job. I'm amazed at why anyone would think otherwise, if they just thought even a little bit about the nature of the NFL and the men involved in it. It's the most competitive sport there is. It's full of guys with a tremendous amount of self confidence and a lot of ego. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to handle the commitment the job requres. So one can infer that plenty of guys would jump at the chance to turn this team around.

it would be a huge achivement. There are equally plenty of guys who want to coach the Rams, Raiders, Lions and Bucs,

all of whom have "mad" owners. Is Al Davis any more insane than Ralph?

turns down an interview?

call?

Do you have any evidence at all that this is the case? Since Arizona does not have a bye this week, the Bills are not allowed to talk with Grimm. But you get an A+ for pointless speculation.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Grimm's team playing this week? Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the only coaches currently on playoff teams that are allowed to go to interviews are the ones whose team has a bye week? And even if wildcard teams assistants are allowed to go to interviews would they even want to? I mean when going for a head coaching interview you have to prepare for what you are going to say and do.

I think that Grimm simply wants to focus on a game plan seeing as that takes hours upon hours to do instead of overloading himself doing/preparing for and interview and formulating a gameplan for a playoff game. There are no coordinators that are going to turn down an interview with the Bills remember there are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL.