Bills close to making a decision?

DarthICE

Who cares who his family is. His family success doesn't guarantee him success. He has NEVER coached any part of the NFL game. How do you instantly expect him to be a NFL Head Coach when he has never coached a NFL playbook nor coached in the NFL speed. The NFL is much different than when he played. The college game is much different from the NFL game. Im struggling to find 1 College coach that had never been at least a coordinator in the NFL; that went from college to a NFL HC job in the past 10 years and had success

Well he was an NFL QB so he knows the NFL extremely well and more than some OC/DC that has never strapped on pads.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowhers Pittsburgh colleagues say:

"there's some merit to the rumors of Cowher becoming the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills."

Last Paragraph:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ag-bill-cowher/

-So with that said. Thats now 3 sources apparently close to Cowher and the Bills that have basically said there's a good change. With Joe Logan reporting he has sources close to the Bills, Marty Schottenheimer who is good friends with Cowher, and now Cowher's Pittsburgh colleagues.

-Adam Schefter however started a widespread rumor on Tuesday that "Cowher no going to Coach in 2010, Schefter's sources say he isn't involved in contract talks with the Bills, instead he is in NC walking his dog"

Seems like Schefter doesn't really have a clue what hes talking about the past 6 months regarding the Bills. Or are Cowhers close friends clueless? I would think that Cowhers friend Schottenheimer and his former Pittsburgh colleagues have more insight than Adam Schefter (who has lost alot of credibility since joining ESPN, he was once great with NFLN)

Seems like Schefter doesn't really have a clue what hes talking about the past 6 months regarding the Bills. Or are Cowhers close friends clueless? I would think that Cowhers friend Schottenheimer and his former Pittsburgh colleagues have more insight than Adam Schefter (who has lost alot of credibility since joining ESPN, he was once great with NFLN)

I think Cowher's inner circle are playing good cop bad cop with the media.

I think Cowher's inner circle are playing good cop bad cop with the media.

No I think the media (mainly ESPN) has just started rumors of what they want to hear. They have been just speculating the entire time. Especially people like Schefter and Clayton who insist that Cowher will not be the coach of the Bills. I think it frustrates ESPN that they can't get information from the Bills (Especially frustrating from Clayton and Schefter) that they just threw out a wild guess of "Cowher will not coach the Bills, the rumors aren't true. Cowher isnt talking with the Bills this week, hes at his home in NC walking his dog" according to our sources close to Cowher.

But the funny thing is that no ESPN report has named their source regarding the Cowher to coach the Bills talk. And they usually do name their source.

Cowhers Pittsburgh colleagues say:

"there's some merit to the rumors of Cowher becoming the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills."

Last Paragraph:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ag-bill-cowher/

-So with that said. Thats now 3 sources apparently close to Cowher and the Bills that have basically said there's a good change. With Joe Logan reporting he has sources close to the Bills, Marty Schottenheimer who is good friends with Cowher, and now Cowher's Pittsburgh colleagues.

-Adam Schefter however started a widespread rumor on Tuesday that "Cowher no going to Coach in 2010, Schefter's sources say he isn't involved in contract talks with the Bills, instead he is in NC walking his dog"

Am I going insane or did I just read this somewhere in another thread?

I really hate to be that guy but when was the last time someone checked that flightware.com site?

Last night at 11:19PM a jet left Charlotte/Douglas Intl Airport and arrived at Buffalo international airport around 12:30 this morning. I find this coincidental because it was around the same time last night that Lambardi from NFLN said the Bills think they have their man and a decision could be made soon.

I know this is all talk and there probably isnt anything but you never know....

again, sorry for being "that guy"

I really hate to be that guy but when was the last time someone checked that flightware.com site?

Last night at 11:19PM a jet left Charlotte/Douglas Intl Airport and arrived at Buffalo international airport around 12:30 this morning. I find this coincidental because it was around the same time last night that Lambardi from NFLN said the Bills think they have their man and a decision could be made soon.

that would be a commercial airliner ... I doubt the Coach would be flying coach

good observation Fig - but I don't think he would be in commercial. Hope we see a private jet flying that route soon, afterall wouldn't he want to physically visit the area prior to committing? I don't know, I just think a tour of the complex, area, etc would be in order if he's going to come

He doesn't have one. John you must love how everyone who can read thinks they know how you should do your job.

indeed. this one poster seems to enjoy sitting on the sidelines, nameless, making catcalls and taking jabs. he/she has been doing it for quite some time and it's both sad and amusing, considering this one poster has not broken any news, spoken to anyone in authority or provided any value or insight to many discussions as far as i've seen.

not a bad gig, minus the lack of pay, i guess.

jw

I thought he lived near Raleigh? Does anyone know which town he actually walks his dog in? No one in Raleigh is driving to Charlotte to catch a flight (unless they're going to Europe maybe on US Airways).

Correct Again I will state Cowher lives about 15 minutes from RDU in Raleigh NC it would be lame for him to be flying from some other airport in NC.

Correct Again I will state Cowher lives about 15 minutes from RDU in Raleigh NC it would be lame for him to be flying from some other airport in NC.

how many times are you gonna play that hole behind his house ?......lol....you need any provisions ?