Jim Harbaugh

Am I the only one who thinks Jim Harbaugh has a chance to be not only a good but Great Head Coach in the NFL.

With his North East roots (Toledo Ohio) was a good NFL Player ,has coaching in his blood from his DAD and like his Brother.

Took a Doormat team and turned them in to a winner. I think he has a Buffalo tattoo on his chest already.

Buddy please do not over look the man in Stanford!!!

:wallbash:

Am I the only one who thinks Jim Harbaugh has a chance to be not only a good but Great Head Coach in the NFL.

With his North East roots (Toledo Ohio) was a good NFL Player ,has coaching in his blood from his DAD and like his Brother.

Took a Doormat team and turned them in to a winner. I think he has a Buffalo tattoo on his chest already.

Cardinal coach to Bills coach maybe a lateral move to Harbaugh?

Perception is in the eye of the perceiver, after all.

Yes you are the only one. He is an AVERAGE at best College coach. Enough of this Harbaugh BS

Yes you are the only one. He is an AVERAGE at best College coach. Enough of this Harbaugh BS

Average at best huh? 46–26 as a head coach doesn't sound average to me.

He is not the only one that thinks Harbaugh would be a great coach. Getting a retread coordinator sounds like a recipe for average to me.

Average at best huh? 46–26 as a head coach doesn't sound average to me.

He is not the only one that thinks Harbaugh would be a great coach. Getting a retread coordinator sounds like a recipe for average to me.

Let's take a look at the 12 playoff teams' head coaches this season. Bill Belechick was a DC under Parcells twice wrapped around a failed job as head coach in Cleveland for a few years. Norv Turner, now there's a retread for you, did lousy at head coach in Washington, but was an outstanding OC for a couple teams, seems to be doing amazing things quietly in San Diego this season as they enter the playoffs as SB favorites in many pundits eyes. Who the hell was John Harbaugh before the Ravens hired him?? Now he enters his second conseutive playoff season in Baltimore. Marvin Lewis, SB winning DC from Baltimore, still chugging along in Cinti, second playoff season in 4 years for him. Rex Ryan, big mouthed big man in Jets nation, DC last year in Baltimore. Jim Caldwell? Long long long time assistant coach in Indy. Mike Sherman was an OC before GB hired him. Same with the ex-Steelers OC now head-coaching Arizona. Andy Reid was an OC before he began his long stint as head coach for the Eagles. Wade Phillips was one of the very best DC's in the NFL along with being a head coach a couple of times before Dallas brought him in. Ex OC head coaching in Minnesota, and finally an ex OC head coaching in New Orleans as well.

Now, what was that you said about "retread coordinators sounding like a receipe for average results"??? Of the 12 head coaches of this seasons' playoffs, I know that at least 10 were ex coordinators. Caldwell and Harbaugh may have been coordinators too, I'm just too lazy to look it up.

He was a QB coach (Raiders?) I think for one year.

I understand and agree with your statements but who would is even willing to come? I am sorry but I would like someone that has some passion and fire to win. I can't think of any coach that wasn't a coordinator of some sort before they were hired as a coach in the NFL.

TD interviewed Fox, Lewis, and Weiss anyone of them would have changed this franchise for the better. They were all coordinators and would have been good hires. But who would you want that is a coordinator now? Anyone?

He was a QB coach (Raiders?) I think for one year.

I understand and agree with your statements but who would is even willing to come? I am sorry but I would like someone that has some passion and fire to win.

TD interviewed Fox, Lewis, and Weiss anyone of them would have changed this franchise for the better. They were all coordinators and would have been good hires. But who would you want that is a coordinator now? Anyone?

Alex Van Pelt, head and shoulders above the rest.

Get er done Russ

Habaugh is the best availible coach, including Shanny/Cowher/everyone.

He is a guy who played under Bo Schebekler(sp?) at Michigan, went like 15 seasons in the NFL, Son of a great NFL HC, brother to a current and successful NFL HC, and has won at the college level agaisnt vastly superior talent. He knows how to run the ball and uses fullbacks and TEs the way they should be used. His style of football will only be more successful in the NFL.

It doesnt matter if the Bills sign him or not, he will be extremely succeful in the NFL regardless of where he ends up. I hope its in Buffalo.

And I dont believe he ever signed an extension....I know one was offered to him but he was waiting to sign it - reportedly because he wanted to jump to the NFL.

He is a guy who played under Bo Schebekler(sp?) at Michigan, went like 15 seasons in the NFL, Son of a great NFL HC, brother to a current and successful NFL HC, and has won at the college level agaisnt vastly superior talent. He knows how to run the ball and uses fullbacks and TEs the way they should be used. His style of football will only be more successful in the NFL.

It doesnt matter if the Bills sign him or not, he will be extremely succeful in the NFL regardless of where he ends up. I hope its in Buffalo.

And I dont believe he ever signed an extension....I know one was offered to him but he was waiting to sign it - reportedly because he wanted to jump to the NFL.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up :nana:

I'm slowly, but surely, starting to warm up to the idea of Harbaugh as our HC. If he can help the Bills beat the Pats* like he helped Stanford beat USC, that would be a happy day :wallbash:. Especially if we put up 55 points on them...

:nana:

Hmmm.... That would be a slightly awkward moment with Jim Harbaugh coaching the Bills and Jim Kelly watching from the sideline.

Let's take a look at the 12 playoff teams' head coaches this season. Bill Belechick was a DC under Parcells twice wrapped around a failed job as head coach in Cleveland for a few years. Norv Turner, now there's a retread for you, did lousy at head coach in Washington, but was an outstanding OC for a couple teams, seems to be doing amazing things quietly in San Diego this season as they enter the playoffs as SB favorites in many pundits eyes. Who the hell was John Harbaugh before the Ravens hired him?? Now he enters his second conseutive playoff season in Baltimore. Marvin Lewis, SB winning DC from Baltimore, still chugging along in Cinti, second playoff season in 4 years for him. Rex Ryan, big mouthed big man in Jets nation, DC last year in Baltimore. Jim Caldwell? Long long long time assistant coach in Indy. Mike Sherman was an OC before GB hired him. Same with the ex-Steelers OC now head-coaching Arizona. Andy Reid was an OC before he began his long stint as head coach for the Eagles. Wade Phillips was one of the very best DC's in the NFL along with being a head coach a couple of times before Dallas brought him in. Ex OC head coaching in Minnesota, and finally an ex OC head coaching in New Orleans as well.

Now, what was that you said about "retread coordinators sounding like a receipe for average results"??? Of the 12 head coaches of this seasons' playoffs, I know that at least 10 were ex coordinators. Caldwell and Harbaugh may have been coordinators too, I'm just too lazy to look it up.

Although I agree with you here, a couple things. John Harbaugh was a DBs coach in Philly. Andy Reid was primarily an offensive line coach and coached QBs for one year in Green Bay. Jim Caldwell WAS a college coach for 7 years amassing a 12-52 record before serving as QBs coach under Dungy. I think it further proves your point. College is not the NFL. In the NFL, your looking for a guy who can manage people, identify talent(both players and coaches), and motivate GROWN ASS MEN, not 18 -22 year old kids. It is different on so many levels. Are their guys out there who can do both? You bet. But that list is very, very small.

Unless he and others are lying, Harbaugh signed an extension:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../SPSB1B3O1H.DTL

:nana:

NO...you're not the only one who thinks Jim Harbaugh would be a GREAT COACH.....learned the ropes thru the tough, physical cold-weather Michigan Wolverine brand of football....young, extremely bright, enthusiastic....and he's done a fabulous job at Stanford....he'd be an EXCELLENT CHOICE if we could pry him from Stanford....GREAT POST!

Now, what was that you said about "retread coordinators sounding like a receipe for average results"??? Of the 12 head coaches of this seasons' playoffs, I know that at least 10 were ex coordinators.

this is a silly statement. who are teams going to hire as head coaches? the o-line coach? qb coach? or almost in buffalo's case, the special teams coach?

.....and has won at the college level agaisnt vastly superior talent. He knows how to run the ball and uses fullbacks and TEs the way they should be used. His style of football will only be more successful in the NFL.

The part about winning against vastly superior talent...that ended after his first season. Stanford's talent correlates with it's record. Only USC, Cal, and Oregon are more talented; he beat two out of three, and lost to a couple inferior teams. This speaks highly for Harbaugh's recruiting, which isn't particularly relevant to the Bills job. But his team lost games this year they could/should have won, and his in-game decision making was sometimes not good. IMO he screwed up royally at the end of their game against U of A.

The other thing about Harbaugh...Kelly and him got into a scuffle years ago. Jim keeps stringing people along about how he wants to be part of decision making, and possibly ownership. I'd like to hear his opinions on Harbaugh now.

I didn't see the Live chat with Sullivan, but I heard that he said Jim Harbaugh is being talked to by the Bills (under the radar of course like all of the other talks). Can anyone confirm this?

If so, I feel good about this bit of news. While I am squarely in the Cowher or bust camp, I think Harbaugh would be my #2 choice. He's risky for sure, but what he's done at Stanford has been phenomenal. And his bravado cracks me up...

Carroll: "What's your deal man??

Harbaugh: "What's YOUR deal MAN?!"

I can just see him coming in here and busting Belichik's balls like this. It'd be freaking hillarious.

Was that Jim Harbaugh or Stan "Diego" Humphries?

(WOAH... blast from the past!)

harbaugh coached at UCSD when nix was AJ smiths assistant and they were on the radio a couple times together. there is a strong relationship ship there. have heard it first hand.

Jerry Sullivan makes some logical assumptions and/or predictions, but he is a regional writer for a mid-sized market who doesn't have any particularly impressive connections to the team he is covering or the sport as a national entity. Anything he says should be taken only on the basis of his opinion as a long-time sports journalist, and not a reporter.

Jerry Sullivan makes some logical assumptions and/or predictions, but he is a regional writer for a mid-sized market who doesn't have any particularly impressive connections to the team he is covering or the sport as a national entity. Anything he says should be taken only on the basis of his opinion as a long-time sports journalist, and not a reporter.

Although they did mention Sullivan's name on PTI the other day....which almost made him seem big time for a fleeting second.

Bottom line, Harbaugh is NOT ready for the NFL and I sure as hell dont' want the bum as our HC. It really concerns me we have some fans stupid enough to think this assclown is going to go from having little exp in the NFL (none as a coordinator), to being an average at best HC in College (doesn't he have a losing record?) to being the Head Coach of an NFL team.

!@#$ what his daddy or brothers did, who gives a ****? Jim harbaugh is NOT READY to be a HC in the NFL.

Who knows, maybe he checked the flight plans and saw a flight chart from Minnesota to Palo Alto? Could be fire under that smoke.

:thumbsup: Between billboards, tracking planes, and painting Richards on players' lawns, the rest of the nation must think Buffalo fans are completely insane.

Bottom line, Harbaugh is NOT ready for the NFL and I sure as hell dont' want the bum as our HC. It really concerns me we have some fans stupid enough to think this assclown is going to go from having little exp in the NFL (none as a coordinator), to being an average at best HC in College (doesn't he have a losing record?) to being the Head Coach of an NFL team.

!@#$ what his daddy or brothers did, who gives a ****? Jim harbaugh is NOT READY to be a HC in the NFL.

:thumbsup:

Seriously there is some absolute TARDS on the internet. im out

I think this seals his top qualification.