National Championship - Alabama vs Texas

ProjectPat

Alot of players for Bills fans to watch for.

Let's get some perdictions

I'm gonna go with The Tide 33-17

What ya'll think?

Here's my prediction: Until there is a college football playoff there's no such thing as a national champion.

PTR

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennesee had Alabama beat but had the kick blocked.

The facts:

Alabama fumbled while they were putting the game away.

Tennessee had to recover an onside kick to have the chance to score.

They got into fg range after a vehement holding penalty wasn't called while the qb was being pressured.

On top of that, it was Bama's 8th consecutive game (5 SEC) in a row without a bye, while Tennessee was coming off of a bye week.

I just don't like how people refer back to that game as if Bama doesn't deserve to be #1.

I am 54 years old and facing the possibility that I will be dead before the Bills ever win it all, though I will never give up. Alabama is the only other team in any sport that I care about. I have been a Tide Fan since the Joe Namath days. This is a big chance for me.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got a name for winners in the world.....

What ya'll think?

Well, I think you are on the message board of a northeast professional football team, so the whole "ya'll" thing and a discussion about a couple southern college football / semi-pro footbal teams just makes me want to gag :D

...of course that may be partially because there are no 'local' teams worth a crap so I'm jealous :worthy:

I am 54 years old and facing the possibility that I will be dead before the Bills ever win it all, though I will never give up.

relax, ALL Bills fans face that same possiblilty, even the unborn ones...

Tennesee had Alabama beat but had the kick blocked.

And Nebraska had Texas beat. :D

If Texas stops Ingram, then they win. It's not an easy task but it can be done.

Auburn thought the same thing. Their fans even gloated about being able to ruin Ingram's chance at the Heisman.

How did that work out?

Seems they forgot about McElroy and Richardson.

Alabama was sky high and in a groove against Florida. The layoff may effect them.

Common sense says Alabama over Texas big, but for some reason Vegas says Alabama by 4 or 5 points.

I'm looking forward to the game tonight.

It won't be a blowout, imo. If you follow college football recruiting, you know that there's no significant difference in talent between these two programs. Both have amazing talent. Exceptions do occur (Team A plays a great game, Team B is off) like Bama beating down Fla but I think more often than not, you can expect a close game here.

Texas has a "surprising" lead for most of the game. Bama comes back and wins in the end by a FG. Texas +4 bettors cash.