La Canfora says he doubts Cowher comes to Buffalo

DarthICE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he comes to Buffalo too, but Canfora is just speculating just like I am. Actually it can barely even be called speculating.

LaCanfora doesn't even mention the money TB still has to pay to Gruden, the money the he would owe Morris, the money they would owe to two different coordinator staffs, AND the loan service of $1.6 Billion for buying Manchester United. Malcom Glazer is rich but is he that rich?

PTR

Buffalo was never on his 4 team initial list. He doesn't see him wanting to be a Big fish in a small pond in Buffalo. He says it is possible if Ralph offers enough money.

All silly talk. When did Cowher make this 4 team list? How is going to Tampa or Charlotte not a big fish in a little pond? For that matter, how was Pittsburgh, where he spent 14 years, not a big fish in a little pond. Indeed, of all of the cities in play, the only one that would come close to replicating his Pittsburgh experience is Buffalo. For my two cents, but for his wife's desire to stay near her home, Cowher would be interviewing with Buddy and Ralph right now.

I am willing to shoot him a 5 year 40 mill offer which makes him the highest paid HC in history. If he doesn't take it in 7 days I pull the offer and move on.

What would you say if he comes replies that he wants 5/60?

I dont want to lose out on someone else who can help us while we wait for Cowher to finish walking his dog

Well, right now there are no other job openings.

And for enough $$$, anything is possible.

I still don't understand what makes people think this is a money thing. He must have millions stashed away already. Getting paid well at CBS now as well. I said if before and I will say it again, money is not a strong motivator to someone who already has it. *If* the chin comes to Buffalo, I seriously doubt the main reason would be money.

Personally I think Cowher should step up and at least make a statement about the situation, this thing is all rumors and he is at center of it all.

If it's really that tough to make up your mind about coaching the Buffalo Bills and the money your looking for is available it should be cut and dry. Don't pull a Favre, be a man and say yes or no.

If he doesn't really want to be in Buffalo and is trying to talk himself into it for the money, well I don't want him here.

How is he going to approach his players and motivate them to play hard for the Bills faithful when they all know he is only here for the money?

Not to mention courting free agents to come here, having a coach that by all accounts had to be wrangled into coming here. Talking up the merits of the franchise while all along they know that he himself would have rather gone somewhere else.

Maybe you should ask Ralph about this.

Nobody who has tasted a few million dollars turns down millions more.

But that is going to make him take Buffalo if he otherwise wouldn't want to?

Particularly when he can get the same money this year or next with another team that he might like more?

bull ****.

exactly, why do they think shanahan is in DC?

So he is in DC instead of Buffalo simply because of the money? If Ralph had offered him 7 he would have taken us instead? It had nothing to do with the organizations, the GM in DC etc. etc.? It was just the money? Come on man.

So he is in DC instead of Buffalo simply because of the money? If Ralph had offered him 7 he would have taken us instead? It had nothing to do with the organizations, the GM in DC etc. etc.? It was just the money? Come on man.

most definitely about the money. if ralph offered him the same money then those other factors come more into play.

these guys want to max out their earnings like anyone else. they also have huge egos and compete with each other as in "if shannie got $50MM, i should get $60MM." a team is a team to them, in their minds they'll apply the same approach where ever they go and expect the same results anyway

I still don't understand what makes people think this is a money thing. He must have millions stashed away already. Getting paid well at CBS now as well. I said if before and I will say it again, money is not a strong motivator to someone who already has it. *If* the chin comes to Buffalo, I seriously doubt the main reason would be money.

Let me clarify, then: I don't think he likes what he sees at One Bills Drive, and throwing enough cash at him to make him blink hard is the ONLY reason he might come here.

As always, just my opinion.

most definitely about the money. if ralph offered him the same money then those other factors come more into play.

Wow so you feel that the money is the primary factor. For someone without money or other options I agree with you. But not for someone who has both is my opinion. I guess we agree to disagree :thumbsup:.