George Wilson wins BB/NFL Walter Peyton award

Beerball

Congrats to George, and I think he has shown that he is good enough to be our future starter along with Byrd, and I hate to say it, but I'm thinking that Donte could be a cap casualty for next year, when you consider we have three other good safeties in Scott, Wilson and Byrd, you have to think that Donte is looking pretty expendable right about now.

Awesome work for Wilson. Class guy who was almost out of the league and made himself into a really good player (Jauron made a great move).

Kinda speaks to our society that this only gets like 6 replies but if a Bill got in trouble, it would be a 10 page thread. But all football players are scumbags I guess. :thumbsup:

Congrats to George, and I think he has shown that he is good enough to be our future starter along with Byrd, and I hate to say it, but I'm thinking that Donte could be a cap casualty for next year, when you consider we have three other good safeties in Scott, Wilson and Byrd, you have to think that Donte is looking pretty expendable right about now.

You need 4 or 5 safties on the 53 man roster. Not sure how much money Donte will make but I just do not think he played bad last year. Byrd and Wilson looked great no doubt. I am not sold on Scott's pass coverage but he does play hard.

You need 4 or 5 safties on the 53 man roster. Not sure how much money Donte will make but I just do not think he played bad last year. Byrd and Wilson looked great no doubt. I am not sold on Scott's pass coverage but he does play hard.

Yeah, the money's the big question. If he's slated to make much it wouldn't surprise me to see him gone. If he's not getting a huge amount though, I don't see the harm in keeping him around.

Quality LEADER that has earned respect... pay attention Donte.

George should team with Byrd for the next few years as an excellent safety combo.

Amen. Congrats George! :thumbsup: Along with Byrd, IMO the two most pleasant surprises on the team this year. I hope he gets a nice contract extension this off-season.

You're not sold on Scott's pass coverage but think Whitner's is better? Scott is even better in coverage for a SS than Whitner. They put Whitner at FS just to keep playing him. I hope they trade for whatever they can get to get rid of his salary. I said last off-season it was wiser to cut him and save the $$$.

Love seeing George win this. I was a huge fan of his at Arkansas and was super excited to see him come to the Bills and work his tail off to not only make the roster but become a starter and team captain. Really want to see him sign a new deal with the Bills!!!!!

when wilson first made the conversion, he was a liability on the field imo, but he's made himself into a heck of a safety.

he's pretty damn good against the run, and his coverage is good and improving. love me some wilson.