Bobby April gone

scribo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be surprised to see April end up in New England. If there is one thing that the Bills have had the advantage over the Patriots on, it's been special teams. Add in the fact that Aiken (April's top gunner while he was here) is already there, it would make a lot of sense.

Figured he would be, as soon as he didn't get the interim job when Jauron was whacked. He'll have his choice of landing spots.

True, but he most likely would have been gone anyway. I suppose it's possible that he stayed, but I think going form interim head coach back to special teams coach was unlikely. It's a shame to lose him.

Seriously, do any professional reporters have or use editing tools anymore? I understand that spell check would not have caught this, but you just see way too many of these little errors occur....I know this is nit picking and I should focus on the subject matter, but it is happening over and over and over and over.... :thumbsup:

Top punt returned Roscoe Parrish wound up in former head coach Dick Jauron's doghouse.

As a reader of many student papers, I feel your pain, Poojer.

Fact is, though, the word is not misspelled, but misplaced. With the time pressures on writers to post Internet updates, and the utter absence of an extra level of copy editors thanks to budget cuts, this sort of mistake has become all too common.

Seriously, do any professional reporters have or use editing tools anymore? I understand that spell check would not have caught this, but you just see way too many of these little errors occur....I know this is nit picking and I should focus on the subject matter, but it is happening over and over and over and over.... :thumbsup:

Already been fixed.

Also, try churning out several thousand words of copy a week without a single typo and see how far you get. Not sure I've done it yet, after a year and a half at my paper.

Lori, I don't buy that excuse....that is his job...of course we all make mistakes, but like I said, too many errors. My former boss, at my last company that went out of business because of too many mistakes, used to say...."we all seem to find time to do things over, why don't we take the extra time to do it right the first time"....trust me, I know the pressure is great....but that is what you are paid to do...not saying Tim or you make a large amount of typo's or mistakes, just in general....again, I know I am picking nits....

Already been fixed.

Also, try churning out several thousand words of copy a week without a single typo and see how far you get. Not sure I've done it yet, after a year and a half at my paper.

Lori, I don't buy that excuse....that is his job...of course we all make mistakes, but like I said, too many errors. My former boss, at my last company that went out of business because of too many mistakes, used to say...."we all seem to find time to do things over, why don't we take the extra time to do it right the first time"....trust me, I know the pressure is great....but that is what you are paid to do...not saying Tim or you make a large amount of typo's or mistakes, just in general....again, I know I am picking nits....

You are. And I'll leave it at that.

Ridiculous. Other teams would've taken a harder line and at least tried to force him to stay. But this is the same organization that traded away a top-five left tackle. Even when it blindly stumbles onto success, it is too stupid to recognize it and willingly casts it away. And the sniveling, drueling masses who applaud at any firing, like it's some sort of public execution or exorcism of evil, contribute to the madness at OBD.

Ralph, please sell.

Yeah the fact he was passed over for HC will likely mean that he will never choose to coach in Buffalo again. He was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal decade.

April is either your next HC or special teams coach some place else. I don't think many would be happy with him as HC here so bye bye. That is the way it works in the NFL and that is the way it works in most companies. For one thing a new HC would not want someone on his staff who thinks he should be HC instead.

We'll survive without him and we may have less stupid, season killing plays like Leodis's fumble. Sometimes the desire to make top yardage on all return situations overrules simple football common sense.

For the record: 10th KO return average, 26th punt return average, 9th kickoff cover average, 11th punt cover average. No TDs allowed. Moorman's net: 40.2 yards per punt, 8th.

So, minus the punt-return average (profoundly impacted by Parrish's apparent desire to play his way off the team) and keeping in mind the fact that McKelvin's injury left KO duties to Fred Jackson, remaining in or near the top 10 is now "horrible." So noted.