Any Cutler fans care to comment on his season?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1373630

I seem to recall some hysterics over the Bills not trading for this sure-fire franchise QB. I'm curious how some of those folks feel now that the Bears finished 7-9?

PTR

I'm still for it. We had Lee Evans and Terrell Owens compared to Devin Hester and Aromashodu (or however you spell that). I think he would have still struggled, but may have fared a little better.

I'm still for it. We had Lee Evans and Terrell Owens compared to Devin Hester and Aromashodu (or however you spell that). I think he would have still struggled, but may have fared a little better.

He's still 10x the QB Fitzpatrick and Edwards are and unlike either of them, he's got a great chance of still being a starter next season.

I was for us trading for Cutler, and I still think he's a darn good QB, but I'm glad we didn't give up what the Bears did to get him. I think a lot of Cutler's up and down year was due to three things:

1.) Cutler and his receivers seemed to take a while to get on the same page. Cutler would throw a ball up, and his receiver wouldn't run the right route. Whether this is bad coaching, lack of effort, etc., I don't know.

2.) The Bears didn't have a running game, because of their terrible offensive line. Hard to pass when defenses don't have to respect your offensive balance.

3.) Cutler was getting pressured a ton, forcing some bad decisions on his part.

The Bears aren't in a good spot right now. They need to completely re-vamp their offensive line, and they've given up the best draft position for the next couple of years. They're going to be hard pressed to rebuild that o-line at the moment. The Bills would be in the exact same spot if they had given up those picks for Cutler. The Bills still need two tackles and a center, and would have to get those players plus all the D players they need without having those draft picks. Not a pretty picture.

Most of us were aware of his temper tantrums, but he's still a better QB than anyone the Bills have featured since Jimbo. Even in this 'blow the whole damn thing up' stage we're re-entering, we still don't have a QB who can be counted on, regardless of new coaching direction.

I'd still be thrilled to get him.

Jay Cutler is 42-71 559 yards 8 TDs 1 Int over his last 2 games playing for a horrible team and a ****ty oline. Are we sick of bashing our own players that we need to start bashing other teams players? Man, the majority of this board is negative and irrational about most everything

I usually am right there with you Promo, but on this one I still feel it is way early to judge the trade.

Cutler has already proven that he has franchise QB potential. As we already know, that is not a very easy thing to find via the draft. This year, I chalk up the early struggles to learning a new system.

Denver fell off towards the end of the season, and Chicago started coming on when Forte started showing a bit of the stuff he had last year running the ball forcing defenses to play a bit more honest. The Vikings game was a good measuring stick of what Chicago can do when they get their offense and defense clicking.

I do think that Cutler will get back to form next year, but Chicago needs some better WR prospects and a few tweaks on thier O-line to take advantage of his abilities. I can just about guarantee you that finding a QB is not going to be on Chicago's list of priorities for the next 3-5 years, and that has got to be a good feeling for any coaching staff.

IMO though, he would have been beaten down and concussed behind the line we had this year. It would not have been an auspicious start for Jay in B-low.

Cutler wasn't that good in Denver, and won't be very good in Chicago. He has always made terrible decisions and thrown a high amount of interceptions. You cant win in the NFL if you turn the ball over. The top QBs are all very accurate and make good decisions. Cutler is nothing like those guys.

I still like Cutler. The OT position was a trainwreck, Pace should of retired last year. Forte was nowhere near the player he was in 08 and the D lost Urlacher. Combine that with no real no. 1 receiver and a rookie in Knox, I dont think he did that bad, tried to do too much yes. He has to correct decision making but hes got all the physical tools.

Jay Cutler is still making poor decisions but he is still a very talented young QB. Chicago certainly gave up too much for him but I anticipate he will be better in the future. Anybody that would right him off at this point has a personal grudge. Chicago is a mess and gave away too much for him though. Rebuilding that team is going to take some FA spending and solid drafting despite what they lost in the trade.

Cutler is probably better than any Bills QB. I just scratch my head a little when deals like these are made. I mean you are rolling the dice on one guy. For what the Bears gave up you'd expect more results. Same way I feel about Jason Peters. He didn't suck but he also didn't play like an $11M/yr player.

PTR

Cutler wasn't that good in Denver, and won't be very good in Chicago. He has always made terrible decisions and thrown a high amount of interceptions. You cant win in the NFL if you turn the ball over. The top QBs are all very accurate and make good decisions. Cutler is nothing like those guys.

Good call. Look at all the "winning" kyle orton did in denver. the broncos were a fluke tip vs cincy in wek 1 away from winning the same # of games as chicago, except denver's QB sucks.

Cutler was in his first year with sub par WRs and a running game that disappeared. I'll take a franchise QB that can win games all by himself even if it means a few more INTs than usual, as opposed to some candy-ass "game manager."

Good call. Look at all the "winning" kyle orton did in denver. the broncos were a fluke tip vs cincy in wek 1 away from winning the same # of games as chicago, except denver's QB sucks.

Cutler was in his first year with sub par WRs and a running game that disappeared. I'll take a franchise QB that can win games all by himself even if it means a few more INTs than usual, as opposed to some candy-ass "game manager."

I don't know how you can call him a franchise QB. Cutler wasn't even that good in Denver, and has been horrible for Chicago.

Kyle Orton does not suck. I'm sure EVERY Bills fan would take 3,800 yards and 21 TDs with 12 INTs. Kyle is a much better QB that Jay Cutler as this point in their careers.

I don't know how you can call him a franchise QB. Cutler wasn't even that good in Denver, and has been horrible for Chicago.

Kyle Orton does not suck. I'm sure EVERY Bills fan would take 3,800 yards and 21 TDs with 12 INTs. Kyle is a much better QB that Jay Cutler as this point in their careers.

I'd take that stat line, but not from Kyle Orton. Orton is never going to win any games from under center. The best he's going to do is not lose games. Cutler was very good in Denver, and if denver had any semblance of a defense, they would have won 12 games last season.

Good QBs win championships a hell of a lot more often than mediocre QBs with great supporting casts.

I'd take that stat line, but not from Kyle Orton. Orton is never going to win any games from under center. The best he's going to do is not lose games. Cutler was very good in Denver, and if denver had any semblance of a defense, they would have won 12 games last season.

Good QBs win championships a hell of a lot more often than mediocre QBs with great supporting casts.

Cutler was never very good. He had 20 turnovers in his last year at Denver. He also threw the ball the 9th most times in league history. He may have had 4,500 yards, but it took him almost 40 attempts a game to reach it.

Cutler was never very good. He had 20 turnovers in his last year at Denver. He also threw the ball the 9th most times in league history. He may have had 4,500 yards, but it took him almost 40 attempts a game to reach it.

Jim Kelly had 20 or more turnovers, 7 times in his career. Was he any good?