Marty in play

drg2021

Espn Insder Chris Spral (sp) reporting that Marty and Bill are the front runners for Bills job.

He said Marty makes sense for 3 reasons

1-Same winning % Bill Cowher.623 Marty.613

2-Cheaper than Cowher

3-Loves to run the ball same as Cowher.

This was reported on Espnnews, sorry no link

If only he wanted to coach

Schotty was on record as stating he would not coach again prior to taking the

Chargers job.

Also, as reported on WGR this morning, either Mort or Schefter stated that Shotty

does have the urge to coach again. Sorry no link.

I do have a weird feeling that Shotty does end up or HC.

Schotty was on record as stating he would not coach again prior to taking the

Chargers job.

Also, as reported on WGR this morning, either Mort or Schefter stated that Shotty

does have the urge to coach again. Sorry no link.

I do have a weird feeling that Shotty does end up or HC.

I hope you're right because I'd love to see him here. But added to the fact he's gone on record that 30 years is enough, maybe he doesn't want to get in the way of his son getting a HC job.

Its not Marty its the boy wonder the OC from the Jests, .. His son

Lets hope not.Id be alright with Marty and his son as OC but not HC.Besides Buddy made it a point in his p/c that he wants a head coach with experiance.Baby Schotty has no Hc experiance

Marty has been my first choice from day one....he has taken 3 teams to the playoffs and usually turns them around quickly

people can talk about his playoff record but it only takes one year, Cowher's playoff record was similar to Marty's before he finally won the Super Bowl

Marty has been my first choice from day one....he has taken 3 teams to the playoffs and usually turns them around quickly

people can talk about his playoff record but it only takes one year, Cowher's playoff record was similar to Marty's before he finally won the Super Bowl

I said it last week, and I'll say it today...Marty is probably the best choice for the Bills of the experienced coaches being considered. some things to consider:

1. Marty Ball is not a bad way to play in cold weather, and Marty ball has consistently gotten teams to the playoffs. Playoffs, by the way, is the thing that other teams get to do after the regular season sometimes.

2. Marty is the only coach burning to get a superbowl trophy for his team as much as we want to get one. Further he has actually turned bad teams around.

3. Interesting but Marty was once a Bills linebacker. I remember when he shone in the East West College Bowl game played in Buffalo and backed up the very strong starting group of Jacobs, Tracey and Stratton.

I said it last week, and I'll say it today...Marty is probably the best choice for the Bills of the experienced coaches being considered. some things to consider:

1. Marty Ball is not a bad way to play in cold weather, and Marty ball has consistently gotten teams to the playoffs. Playoffs, by the way, is the thing that other teams get to do after the regular season sometimes.

2. Marty is the only coach burning to get a superbowl trophy for his team as much as we want to get one. Further he has actually turned bad teams around.

3. Interesting but Marty was once a Bills linebacker. I remember when he shone in the East West College Bowl game played in Buffalo and backed up the very strong starting group of Jacobs, Tracey and Stratton.

Good points. Plus, as long as Nix is the GM, Marty won't have to worry about the GM firing him. Marty has taken the Browns and Chiefs (twice) to the AFC championship game, I think he could get the job done here in Buffalo.

there was a great piece in the NFL in Color show on Showtime about Marty when he first came to the Bills as a player...they interviewed him about it and he said he signed for 2 years $24k I think and a Buick...they had some tape of him when he was a special teams player consistantly asking the LB he was backing up questions every time he came off the field....

it was a great piece if you can catch it....had a lot of Jack Kemp stuff as well