Per Mort & Schefter Cowher back to CBS

drewfla

Much as Cowher has qualities worth admiring, am I the only one here who is less than inspired by the fawning over more Pittsburgh leftovers? Been there, done that, and for some reason the taste of Donohoe vomit still refluxes up to the surface as soon as an "ex-Steeler" is bandied about as the next Bills savior.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep Fewell as HC or get Ron Rivera and get a good OC like Weis or Gilbride (Giants owners mumbling about something today, so he should be available). we don't need a big name coach, we need someone who can coach period.

"A good OC like Gilbride..."

Young man, you get an F for your Bills History.

Much as Cowher has qualities worth admiring, am I the only one here who is less than inspired by the fawning over more Pittsburgh leftovers? Been there, done that, and for some reason the taste of Donohoe vomit still refluxes up to the surface as soon as an "ex-Steeler" is bandied about as the next Bills savior.

I agree that the next Bills Savior title seems pretty big right now, but it would be nice to have someone experienced getting a NFL team to the playoffs - so at least they have a whiff of an idea on what it takes to get there.

cheers

Keep Fewell as HC or get Ron Rivera and get a good OC like Weis or Gilbride (Giants owners mumbling about something today, so he should be available). we don't need a big name coach, we need someone who can coach period.

:devil:

I'm late to the party because I was stuck at work all day but here's my two cents. I think Schefter got it from a source he trusts that Cowher was staying with CBS. Likely either the source came back and said it wasn't such a sure thing or he got it from another source or sources that it wasn't such a sure thing, so he cautioned with the "anything can change" caveat. Schefter doesn't want to throw his source under the bus but at the same time doesn't want to look dead wrong if it is inaccurate. My take on the whole thing is while Bill Cowher may or may not seriously consider the Bills job however I find it far-fetched that he has made up his mind on whether or not he wants to coach or not next year. For weeks we've heard that he won't talk about anything until the season ends. And then a single day after the season ends he is deciding that he doesn't want to coach. I would have believed the report far more if it simply said that he had decided to take himself out of the running for the Bills job rather than that he out and out won't be back next year. Can't see that being the case.