Owens and 2009

mdbruce3

After such a terrible 2008 I was very excited about 2009 and T.O. What a dud of a year.

I really feel bad for Owens... such a great player playing for such a rotten team.

I can't wait to read whatever book he eventually writes and see how he describes this year.

Guys, don't get all excited about what ever coach they sign or what their first round draft choice may be... IT JUST DOESN"T MATTER!!!

I'm going to buy one of those Decade of Failure t-shirts.

After such a terrible 2008 I was very excited about 2009 and T.O. What a dud of a year.

I really feel bad for Owens... such a great player playing for such a rotten team.

I can't wait to read whatever book he eventually writes and see how he describes this year.

Guys, don't get all excited about what ever coach they sign or what their first round draft choice may be... IT JUST DOESN"T MATTER!!!

I'm going to buy one of those Decade of Failure t-shirts.

Why do you feel bad for TO? He led the league in drops, gave half assed effort (alligator armed another today), and got paid $6.5 million in a market that didn't have any demand for him. If you want to feel sorry for anything, feel bad for Steve Johnson and Hardy who didn't get to play because of TO.

I agree, no need to feel bad for TO. But don't feel bad for Hardy and Johnson, who haven't proven they deserve playing time. Because despite TO's drops and alleged lack of effort, he caught 55 passes for 829 yards and 5 TD's, with that abortion of an offense. And he's been a model citizen.

Why do you feel bad for TO? He led the league in drops, gave half assed effort (alligator armed another today), and got paid $6.5 million in a market that didn't have any demand for him. If you want to feel sorry for anything, feel bad for Steve Johnson and Hardy who didn't get to play because of TO.

They didn't play because they aren't as good as T.O. Hell, Hardy isn't as good as Josh reed, for God's sake. Alligator armed??? Your hate for T.O. is sorta funny.

I for one hope he stays and finishes his career here, after he gets a personal apology from Ralph for subjecting him to the lies and marketing smoke and mirrors when he agreed to come play here.

Maybe Steve J has been nursing an injury all year long thats why we havent seen him? Maybe Hardy isnt fully ready from his injury. I still like the idea of having TO back assuming we have a damn QB that can complete a pass and a coach that can figure out how to game plan

Maybe Steve J just isn't that good, but he has dreads and looks cool in his equipment...

They didn't play because they aren't as good as T.O. Hell, Hardy isn't as good as Josh reed, for God's sake. Alligator armed??? Your hate for T.O. is sorta funny.

I for one hope he stays and finishes his career here, after he gets a personal apology from Ralph for subjecting him to the lies and marketing smoke and mirrors when he agreed to come play here.

I mostly agree with this sentiment accept I can't get behind the last part. T.O. is owed no apology. He knew exactly what he was getting into. This year was an audition. He used Buffalo just as much as Buffalo used him when he signed here.

I mostly agree with this sentiment accept I can't get behind the last part. T.O. is owed no apology. He knew exactly what he was getting into. This year was an audition. He used Buffalo just as much as Buffalo used him when he signed here.

They told him, and then he gleefully reported to the media almost daily during training camp, that he was to be a MAJOR part of our offense. Yet he was used almost exclusively as a decoy, and it took massive public outcry for that to change.

They told him, and then he gleefully reported to the media almost daily during training camp, that he was to be a MAJOR part of our offense. Yet he was used almost exclusively as a decoy, and it took massive public outcry for that to change.

And a QB with some stones.

And a QB with some stones.

You always hear that he and the qb are not on the same page. Maybe if he would be at practice instead of accepting some award or doing a charity event they could get into sync. Na- he would also have to run routes and give consistent effort and that will never happen

I would like him back,....Look at the attention the Bills got with him. The Bills were always on ESPN,..

He never missed a down. Im sure if we had a real line and a real QB,.... He would still put up numbers.

If you played fb, and your teams sucked,.... When the qb threw a duck, and you had a choice of possibly getting injured or going through the motions,...... Im sure most people would play the way he did. Not to get hurt.

You always hear that he and the qb are not on the same page. Maybe if he would be at practice instead of accepting some award or doing a charity event they could get into sync. Na- he would also have to run routes and give consistent effort and that will never happen

Hmm, strange that almost 85% of the replays show him WIDE OPEN on his routes. I guess he must be just making them up as he goes along, though, right? :doh:

He was used exclusively as a decoy? What massive public outcry?

Nobody within this organization owes this bum an apology. The Bills paid him well at a point were there were not many other suitors. How many HOF players play for 4/5 teams over a career torching players and coaches on the way out the door. I recognize that this organization has many problems, but TO is the last player that deserves to point them out. He owes his teamates an apology for giving up on them and not playing all out despite the challenging circumstances. Now if Schobel or Jackson have something to say... I will listen.

I don't have strong feelings about Owens one way or the other, but he definitely shortarmed that slant in the redzone today when he was looking for the incoming safety.

Granted, after that idiotic ball Fitz threw at him in the first quarter that nearly got him killed, it's hard to give him too much grief about checking the tracks for trains before he crosses, but that was definitely the drop of a guy who was listening for footsteps.

He will leave skid marks out of here if there is a remotely decent offer from a contender. He only has a couple of years left and I'm sure he wants to play somewhere where he has a shot at a championship. That being said, if there isn't interest from a strong team the Bills should seriously think about trying to sign him to a two year deal. The drop off between him and Hardy/Johnson is pretty steep.

I think the Bills would be drafting in the top 6 without TO. I would like to see him back. They need to get a lineman or linebacker with the first pick. Either offensive or defensive. One that can play the run. If Shobel, Reed and Owens leave The Bills record next season could be worse than 6 -10. Bell, Hardy and The Defensive end, what's his name? from Penn State are unproductive to date. There is absolutely no reason to believe in any of them for next season

When TO leaves there will be a big hole at number 2 receiver just like in 08.

He was used exclusively as a decoy? What massive public outcry?

Nobody within this organization owes this bum an apology. The Bills paid him well at a point were there were not many other suitors. How many HOF players play for 4/5 teams over a career torching players and coaches on the way out the door. I recognize that this organization has many problems, but TO is the last player that deserves to point them out. He owes his teamates an apology for giving up on them and not playing all out despite the challenging circumstances. Now if Schobel or Jackson have something to say... I will listen.

Ten to one they'd tell you the Bills should hold onto Owens.