When Nix was hired, many speculated he would be

That he might be willing to give Brian Schottenhimer a chance at Head Coach? I am not saying I want this but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he comes in for an interview after the season.

you must be right

Nix was not a good hire 2 years ago, or 7 years ago but at age 70 he is, therefore Marty who was not a good hire 4 years ago or 6 years ago, or 7 years ago etc...must be a good hire since he is older and been out of the game for 5 years

That he might be willing to give Brian Schottenhimer a chance at Head Coach? I am not saying I want this but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he comes in for an interview after the season.

NFL network did speculate on this....Brian has had a shot or two at interviewing for a head coaching job--Dolphins being one.

Bob Glauber from Newsday (pretty well respected NFL chronicler) also speculated

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gla...g-job-1.1679210

NFL network did speculate on this....Brian has had a shot or two at interviewing for a head coaching job--Dolphins being one.

Bob Glauber from Newsday (pretty well respected NFL chronicler) also speculated

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gla...g-job-1.1679210

I seem to remember that Jets fans have been pretty unhappy with him lately but I guess the shine isn't completely off of him if others are saying he'll get a few looks for a HC position.

edit:

just found this petition which supports my statement: http://www.petitiononline.com/FBSJets/petition.html (although 68 signatures is not exactly a ground swell LOL)

I seem to remember that Jets fans have been pretty unhappy with him lately but I guess the shine isn't completely off of him if others are saying he'll get a few looks for a HC position.

edit:

just found this petition which supports my statement: http://www.petitiononline.com/FBSJets/petition.html (although 68 signatures is not exactly a ground swell LOL)

He takes a Rookie QB and designs a serviceable O around him -- protecting Sanchez for the most part and they petition to fire him...Its just not fun being an NFL coach in NY..

I've watched just as much Bills games as I have Jet ones.(And my entire family are Jet fans except me of course)

His play calling is very suspect. Reminds me of Mike Mularkey and his days in Buffalo. Jets will be driving, and Schottenhimer will call some ridiculous play such as a double reverse which will result in a big loss of yards.

I would be very dissapointed if we hired him.

Just look at the Bills win over the Jets this year. Jets are just killing the Bills on the ground, yet he has Sanchez throwing pick after pick.... that was pretty weak. I'd be cool with Marty coming in to straighten things up & turn things around, but I don't know if I'd want Brian as part of the package.

I think our best chance of a "big name" is Shottenheimer. Yes I know he said no chance he comes out of retirement, but unfortunately that seems like our best shot. Marty as HC for 2 yrs, bring in his son Brian as OC then transition to HC after Marty's 2 years. I would sign up for that.

I hope Buddy recognizes the problems we have on the offensive side of the ball. I am not intersted in Rivera or any DC as my HC. Not when your offense is as inept as th Buffalo Bills.

I think our best chance of a "big name" is Shottenheimer. Yes I know he said no chance he comes out of retirement, but unfortunately that seems like our best shot. Marty as HC for 2 yrs, bring in his son Brian as OC then transition to HC after Marty's 2 years. I would sign up for that.

I hope Buddy recognizes the problems we have on the offensive side of the ball. I am not intersted in Rivera or any DC as my HC. Not when your offense is as inept as th Buffalo Bills.

I've heard rumours that despite saying the contrary, Shottenheimer wants the Bills job but Nix is not sure he wants Marty. Cowher is still the #1 target.

PTR

I've watched just as much Bills games as I have Jet ones.(And my entire family are Jet fans except me of course)

His play calling is very suspect. Reminds me of Mike Mularkey and his days in Buffalo. Jets will be driving, and Schottenhimer will call some ridiculous play such as a double reverse which will result in a big loss of yards.

I would be very dissapointed if we hired him.

Remember a Broncos Overtime game about 12 years ago....I think AVP was actually the QB. Christie was still the kicker -- he booted something like a 57 yarder to put it into OT. Bills get the ball first and I think Henning was the OC--we were running the crap out of the ball driving right down the field--then Henning calls a double reverse-pass with Andre Reed being the trigger guy-Reed Fumbles gets sacked for about a 20 yard loss--game over-Denver gets a punt --drives it and wins..

If Schottenheimer is that kind of play caller -- No thanks..