Ignorance

Munch

But all the "Fans" on this site who dont know anything at all about football post how Ralph is cheap, Nix sucks, yadda yadda yadda. Truth be told, 99% of the people on this board probably couldnt name the GM on 5 other teams, let alone a candidate they would have liked to come here. And dont start posting names, because we all know you just googled it. You just need something to whine about, like always, and wouldnt know a good GM ever. Nix has all the credentials and a VERY VERY good track record, But of course, Ralph is cheap, and the bills suck.

Nix is great hire, one of the major problems w/ the bills as of late has bee the draft, nix is here for 1 year and has a pro bowler already. Maybin needs to move to OLB which he will next year, then we can say hes a bust. Wood and Levitre looked good for rookies as well. I joined this board not too long ago thinking most people on here would know a thing or 2 about football, which some do. But anyone who says the Nix hire wasd a bad one, is seriously just either A.) a total and complete moron, or B.) Just trying to illicit a response. While I hope its B, its become obvious to me its likely A.

So to all the "Ralph is cheap" and "Nix sucks" people out there, truth be told you obviously dont know a thing about Football, and like I said earlier, couldnt name the GM on 5 teams and wouldnt know a quality candidate if it sat in your lap.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, some sanity

Levitre, Wood, and Byrd are promising young players to build from.

Maybin ... time will tell ... few DEs have a major impact in their first few years like linebackers. He's a project as many people have acknowledged and we have so little data upon which to form a definitive assessment. He hardly played. And who knows what the future holds if he was to move to the outside LB position.

Nix was a good hire. Could they have interviewed others? Sure. But they would have had to wait until the season was done. And it's obvious to me that having the GM question answered was vital to get a coach now! That coach IMO is Cowher. Not saying we get him but I am 99% certain they are offering him a full Brinks truck as we speak.

PTR

But all the "Fans" on this site who dont know anything at all about football post how Ralph is cheap, Nix sucks, yadda yadda yadda. Truth be told, 99% of the people on this board probably couldnt name the GM on 5 other teams, let alone a candidate they would have liked to come here. And dont start posting names, because we all know you just googled it. You just need something to whine about, like always, and wouldnt know a good GM ever. Nix has all the credentials and a VERY VERY good track record, But of course, Ralph is cheap, and the bills suck.

Nix is great hire, one of the major problems w/ the bills as of late has bee the draft, nix is here for 1 year and has a pro bowler already. Maybin needs to move to OLB which he will next year, then we can say hes a bust. Wood and Levitre looked good for rookies as well. I joined this board not too long ago thinking most people on here would know a thing or 2 about football, which some do. But anyone who says the Nix hire wasd a bad one, is seriously just either A.) a total and complete moron, or B.) Just trying to illicit a response. While I hope its B, its become obvious to me its likely A.

So to all the "Ralph is cheap" and "Nix sucks" people out there, truth be told you obviously dont know a thing about Football, and like I said earlier, couldnt name the GM on 5 teams and wouldnt know a quality candidate if it sat in your lap.

Do you think he beat out a "quality candidate" for the job? :(

19 Days of posting and you've diagnosed the ills of TBD?

Sure, why not.

BTW, I'll name 20 GM's: Tannenbaum (NYJ), Ireland (MIA), Newsome (BAL), M. Brown (CIN), Colbert (PIT), Polian (IND), Xanders (DEN), Smith (SD) Pioli (KC), Davis (OAK), J. Reese (NYG) Reid/Heckert (PHI), Allen (WAS), Jones (DAL), Angelo (CHI) Mayhew (DET), Spielman (MIN), Thompson (GB), Dimitroff (ATL), Hurney (CAR), Devaney (STL), and F. Reese/Belichick (NE) off the top of my head.

Sure, why not.

BTW, I'll name 20 GM's: Tannenbaum (NYJ), Ireland (MIA), Newsome (BAL), M. Brown (CIN), Colbert (PIT), Polian (IND), Xanders (DEN), Smith (SD) Pioli (KC), Davis (OAK), J. Reese (NYG) Reid/Heckert (PHI), Allen (WAS), Jones (DAL), Angelo (CHI) Mayhew (DET), Spielman (MIN), Thompson (GB), Dimitroff (ATL), Hurney (CAR), Devaney (STL), and F. Reese/Belichick (NE) off the top of my head.

Can you name 20 good GM'?

PTR

Where did he do that? I must have missed it.

He didn't really bash them, but he said they weren't meant to play in buffalo. The undersized linemen who are built for speed aren't good for buffalo because of the weather conditions. They are good for an indoor team like Indy. That is a short summary of what he said.

Sure, why not.

Okay, but how many of them are 70?

Sure, why not.

First off ive been coming to this site for years, just never posted...But Even if i hadnt, TBD is not the end all plethora of football knowledge champ...2nd, I highly doubt you just named all those "off the top of your head" more like "Wikipedia"...If you did then u fall into the 1% or less than can argue for or against the Nix hire.

First off ive been coming to this site for years, just never posted...But Even if i hadnt, TBD is not the end all plethora of football knowledge champ...2nd, I highly doubt you just named all those "off the top of your head" more like "Wikipedia"...If you did then u fall into the 1% or less than can argue for or against the Nix hire.

An interesting fact about those 1%ers they're usually know-it-all douchebags.

Sorry dude, but your hissy fit is just that - a hissy fit. You only decided to argue the other die of the coin. You have no clue if Buddy Nix is great hire and other people have no clue if he is a bad hire. There are substantive arguments to be made on both sides, even if you think you're the end all of football knowledge.

Finally, some sanity

Levitre, Wood, and Byrd are promising young players to build from.

Maybin ... time will tell ... few DEs have a major impact in their first few years like linebackers. He's a project as many people have acknowledged and we have so little data upon which to form a definitive assessment. He hardly played. And who knows what the future holds if he was to move to the outside LB position.

I think Shawn Nelson and maybe Nic Harris belong in this post.

If you've been coming to this site for years, you haven't been paying attention.

If you had, you'd know that BillsVet can name 20 GMs off the top of his head. You're fighting a losing argument right from the start.

Here's a tip/example for you Munchman:

Reasons Nix was possibly a bad hire: Peter Principle (never done it before). Age...according to the testimony of many, the job of a GM is endless and grueling and it is a legit question whether Nix is that rare individual who transcends his age.

Reasons why Nix is possibly a great hire: A proven association with organizations who have consistently excelled at identifying and bringing in talent. Furthermore, he has been a person of high responsibility in those organizations.

There's enough mindless bluster on this board. If you want to be a respected voice, your only course is to make solid points without insulting others...especially others who are respected voices.