Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read thru all this. I just want to see if I can name 5 GMs:

Parcells

Newsome

Polian

Ted Thompson

Bruce Allen

Cool - I did it........not sure if all their titles are GM, but they do what I consider a GM's job........Wait, I just thought of more, but I guess I passed the test already.

But all the "Fans" on this site who dont know anything at all about football post how Ralph is cheap, Nix sucks, yadda yadda yadda. Truth be told, 99% of the people on this board probably couldnt name the GM on 5 other teams, let alone a candidate they would have liked to come here. And dont start posting names, because we all know you just googled it. You just need something to whine about, like always, and wouldnt know a good GM ever. Nix has all the credentials and a VERY VERY good track record, But of course, Ralph is cheap, and the bills suck.

Nix is great hire, one of the major problems w/ the bills as of late has bee the draft, nix is here for 1 year and has a pro bowler already. Maybin needs to move to OLB which he will next year, then we can say hes a bust. Wood and Levitre looked good for rookies as well. I joined this board not too long ago thinking most people on here would know a thing or 2 about football, which some do. But anyone who says the Nix hire wasd a bad one, is seriously just either A.) a total and complete moron, or B.) Just trying to illicit a response. While I hope its B, its become obvious to me its likely A.

So to all the "Ralph is cheap" and "Nix sucks" people out there, truth be told you obviously dont know a thing about Football, and like I said earlier, couldnt name the GM on 5 teams and wouldnt know a quality candidate if it sat in your lap.

This has to be some kind of record. Until he got hired yesterday, I've never seen a guy (Buddy Nix) that got all the credit for every staff he's been on.................even though he's never been the head man, on even one of them. It seems that we've hired Bill Braski all of a sudden. All of a sudden, Buddy built the 90's Bills, the 2000's Chargers, and all of the good draft picks from the Bills last year. Oh, and had nothing to do with Maybin being selected over Orakpo. What a man this Buddy, Bill Braski, Nix is.

Jesus homers, I have nothing good or bad to say about this hiring yet, but can some of you seriously stop with little school girl giddyness about going to her first dance and look at anything with any kind of objectivity? Is that possible?

:(

I haven't read thru all this. I just want to see if I can name 5 GMs:

Parcells

Newsome

Polian

Ted Thompson

Bruce Allen

Cool - I did it........not sure if all their titles are GM, but they do what I consider a GM's job........Wait, I just thought of more, but I guess I passed the test already.

YOU PEEKED!

Well, I dont think the issue is the promotion (hire) to GM. I think must of the negative responses to the promotion of NIX to GM is this is not the Big Shake Up promised. Yeah, who knows, Nix could get the Bills to the SB in a couple of years and it is good that RW hired someone who can evaluate players, but the fans were expecting a shake up with a big name.

nix is from outside the organization, the only time he was with buffalo was this year as national scout, and we had our best draft in a decade, and then in buffalo from 93-00 when we were in the playoffs every year........ nix at gm is the best hire we have had since butler was here

Look, 1st off Ralph has a history of hiring people that he is comfortable with. He was burned with his hiring of Donahue, who was an outside hire (by outside I mean people that Ralph has delt with in the past). In his hiring of Nix, at least the Bills organization has someone with actual football knowledge and has a track record of success. I feel more comfortable with Nix as GM than I would be with Guy, Mordek, Brandon or RW. As Bills fans, all we can do now is wait to see what Nix does as GM. Let's hope that this works out. Go Bills!

But the same argument could be used to shoot down the credentials of any candidate short of Ron Wolf or Floyd Reese. Just the fact that Nix has been a key player in a successful organization like the Chargers is a major plus for him. The kind of proof you seem to be demanding just isn't going to be there for about any possible hire you could name.

You are right about that. There are a plethora of reasons why Nix wasn't a great choice, it's not necessary to question his past. His past in supporting roles is very good.

What is a problem is TOO much past. If he were 20-25 years younger it would make more sense. At least on the surface. Age is not just a number. It makes a difference how much hands-on work he will be able to do and what kind of people will want to tie their futures to his cart.

nix is from outside the organization, the only time he was with buffalo was this year as national scout, and we had our best draft in a decade, and then in buffalo from 93-00 when we were in the playoffs every year........ nix at gm is the best hire we have had since butler was here

Thats like saying Flutie was our best QB since Kelly.

you must have the 93-00 drafts confused with the 86-93 drafts. i'd say 93-00 was eminently average. and i don't think Butler was the genius some here make him out to be...

dude these are the first round picks from 93-00

93 thomas smith

94 jeff burris

95 ruben brown

96 eric moulds

97 antowain smith

98 sam cowart

99 antoine winfield

00 erik flowers

other than erik flowers those were mostly great players especially smith, burris, brown, moulds, cowart, winfield.

and thats not even counting other rounds or rfa..... ur wrong man, butler was a great gm

I thought our best draft was Lynch, Poz, Edwards? Oh, that was after their rookie years.

It's OK to be optimistic, but so far we have a very talented FS and possibly a couple of good starting guards out of it. People are excited about Nelson, but he hasn't done anything to indicate he's special. We've had other drafts this decade where a lot of rookies saw the field. The one thing they all have in common is that the team was bad so they got an opportunity to play they might otherwise not have. In the meantime, they lost a now 3-time pro bowl LT in exchange for picks used in the draft. Not exactly a coupe.

93 thomas smith

94 jeff burris

95 ruben brown

96 eric moulds

97 antowain smith

98 sam cowart

99 antoine winfield

00 erik flowers

other than erik flowers those were mostly great players especially smith, burris, brown, moulds, cowart, winfield.

and thats not even counting other rounds or rfa..... ur wrong man, butler was a great gm

I count two perrenial pro bowlers. Moulds might have been an HOFer on a good team. Why don't you post the rest of the rounds, they were horrible and the eventual demise of this team.

93 thomas smith

94 jeff burris

95 ruben brown

96 eric moulds

97 antowain smith

98 sam cowart

99 antoine winfield

00 erik flowers

You've gotta be kidding me right? The ONLY great player in there, according to NFL accolades is Rueben Brown. And if you ask Bills fans, he was very good, not great. If you asked Bills fan, they probably would say the only "great" player in that bunch was Antoine Winfield.

Everyone here liked to think Emo was a great WR, but he was never considered that way by anybody outside of Buffalo. The rest had some nice careers, but were nothing to really ever think twice about other than maybe Cowart, who had an injury that rendered the rest of his career mediocre. I'd say Butler did ok here, but nothing to slobber all over yourself about.

cowart is the most underrated linebacker in bills history imo...but yeah those are so "ok" first round picks. the rest of the rounds are what led to the slow decline. i'm sure butler would look like a genius if we hadn't had polian before him.

This has to be some kind of record. Until he got hired yesterday, I've never seen a guy (Buddy Nix) that got all the credit for every staff he's been on.................even though he's never been the head man, on even one of them. It seems that we've hired Bill Braski all of a sudden. All of a sudden, Buddy built the 90's Bills, the 2000's Chargers, and all of the good draft picks from the Bills last year. Oh, and had nothing to do with Maybin being selected over Orakpo. What a man this Buddy, Bill Braski, Nix is.

Jesus homers, I have nothing good or bad to say about this hiring yet, but can some of you seriously stop with little school girl giddyness about going to her first dance and look at anything with any kind of objectivity? Is that possible?

:(

this is most definitely true.

whether Buddy can evaluate talent is not really the issue.

The unanswered question is how much power does he have compared to Ralph, Brandon and the rest of the Inner Circle Jerk. Although Buddy may be qualified to be GM (although no other team in the NFL thought so), nothing substantive has changed regarding the Inner Circle Jerk. Titles have changed, but the players are the same.

From the press conference, it sure did not seem that Ralph got the memo about Buddy being the new decision maker

MRW,

I was responding to this post. So many posters on this board come here and just make sh*t up. I asked for a link to support what is probably DellaJohns "theory".

Fair enough.