Would Everyone Take...................

H2o

rotoworld.com

Scout.com's Adam Caplan predicts that Eagles backup QB Kevin Kolb will get traded or sign an extension this offseason.

With the Eagles enjoying a Super Bowl window, Donovan McNabb figures to remain the starter again next season. Both players' contracts are up after the 2010 season, so the Eagles could extend Kolb as high-end insurance or part with him if a desperate team knocks their socks off with a strong offer. It would likely take a multiple early-round package similar to the Texans' Matt Schaub deal to land Kolb.

He looked pretty good in Philly when McNabb was out for a couple of weeks. He put up a couple of 300 yard games if I remember correctly, granted that was behind Philly's OL. Should he be a guy that the Bills persue in the offseason if he's available? If the price tag is reasonable, I say we should look into it.

What's wrong with this picture?

Why wouldPhily trade their QB of the future? McNabb's contract will expire in a year or two, and at 35, Philly aint gonna give him a raise.

So, if Philly doesn't give McNabb a raise and lets him walk, who is going to be their QB?

Do you think Andy Reid is totally stupid?

It depends on the price tag. I probably wouldn't give up more than a 4th or a 5th for him, which is almost certainly less than the Eagles would want. He hasn't played well enough for long enough to warrant any more though, at least IMO. He's had a pretty good year this year, but he played like crap in '08.

It depends on the price tag. I probably wouldn't give up more than a 4th or a 5th for him, which is almost certainly less than the Eagles would want. He hasn't played well enough for long enough to warrant any more though, at least IMO. He's had a pretty good year this year, but he played like crap in '08.

His situation kind of reminds me of the situation with Schaub when he was in Atlanta. The thing about Kolb and Reid is that Reid knows he still has Vick under contract through next year. Andy may have seen enough in practice to make him believe that Vick can be their guy post DM. Therefore they are going to try to get whatever they can for Kolb before his contract is up. Not saying that this is EXACTLY what's going on, but it is a possible angle.

I'd rather draft our own guy. I know Kolb has shown flashes but that's in the Philly system with superior personnel and schemes as a result of that personnel and, well, history is FULL of QBs that showed promise with one team only to screw the pooch with the new team. Scott Mitchell anyone?

If Clausen or Bradford is around I suspect the Bills will grab one of them in the draft. It's the most important positional need but more importantly, they will be ranked among the best players available as well. Nix is like Polian and believes strongly in the BPA philosophy. That's good news for the Bills since there are so many needs it will be easy to fill one who also happens to be BPA.

Bradford, like Kelly in '03 may fall a bit due to the shoulder concerns but if he's cleared medically by the Bills staff I don't see them passing on him. Again, like Kelly in '03.

GO BILLS!!!

Why wouldPhily trade their QB of the future? McNabb's contract will expire in a year or two, and at 35, Philly aint gonna give him a raise.

So, if Philly doesn't give McNabb a raise and lets him walk, who is going to be their QB?

They only trade him if they do not think he is the quarterback of the future. He was a huge disappointment prior to his starts this year, but the eagles may now hold on to him to see what they have.

Agree. He'll sign the extension. The only QB that will get traded on the Iggles roster is Vick.

His situation kind of reminds me of the situation with Schaub when he was in Atlanta. The thing about Kolb and Reid is that Reid knows he still has Vick under contract through next year. Andy may have seen enough in practice to make him believe that Vick can be their guy post DM. Therefore they are going to try to get whatever they can for Kolb before his contract is up. Not saying that this is EXACTLY what's going on, but it is a possible angle.

I agree...I have been saying this for months. The situation is very much like Schaub's. We shouldn't have to give up the farm for him though. Maybe a 4th rounder with a player (TE) could get him. We are going to have to get a free agent veteran and draft a qb to really solve our qb issue anyway. Kolb is the free agent I would target. I could easily see Philly keeping Vick and obtaining another qb to be the 3rd string this year. Next year Vick will be the #2 in Philly.

I'd rather draft our own guy. I know Kolb has shown flashes but that's in the Philly system with superior personnel and schemes as a result of that personnel and, well, history is FULL of QBs that showed promise with one team only to screw the pooch with the new team. Scott Mitchell anyone?

If Clausen or Bradford is around I suspect the Bills will grab one of them in the draft. It's the most important positional need but more importantly, they will be ranked among the best players available as well. Nix is like Polian and believes strongly in the BPA philosophy. That's good news for the Bills since there are so many needs it will be easy to fill one who also happens to be BPA.

Bradford, like Kelly in '03 may fall a bit due to the shoulder concerns but if he's cleared medically by the Bills staff I don't see them passing on him. Again, like Kelly in '03.

GO BILLS!!!

I would take him (he will not be traded, though). I don't understand the logic of the "philly system" argument. You wouldn't take a guy who has been well-coached and in the League for a few years on a good team over a rookie (a recurrently injured one!) from a big passing college game coming inot a terrible team with a terrible O-line?

"Kelly in '03"??

I would take him (he will not be traded, though). I don't understand the logic of the "philly system" argument. You wouldn't take a guy who has been well-coached and in the League for a few years on a good team over a rookie (a recurrently injured one!) from a big passing college game coming inot a terrible team with a terrible O-line?

"Kelly in '03"??

'Course I meant Kelly in '83. Hang me.

I wasn't saying Kolb is a system QB. Not at all. I hate the term. It's a totally inaccurate, non-football term. I'm just saying I'd rather develop our own rather than transition someone else from a different system with superior personnel. Lots of QBs looked like the second coming when playing sporadically as a back-up on good teams only to look like crap when they went to inferior teams. The list is long.

We need to build through the draft with a sprinkling of strategic FA acquisitions here and there. People underestimate the negative effects it can have on a team when you lavish all sorts of cash on someone who hasn't sacrificed jack for the organization vs. those that have been on the team and have.

GO BILLS!!!

The only QB leaving Philly next year is Vick, and it won't be by a trade. Vick is not under contract to Philly next year, they have an OPTION on a second year for Vick that the Eagles would have to take on to keep him under contract which will give him a huge raise and give him starter money. If the Eagles pick up this option, no team will trade for Vick with that salary after barely seeing him play this season. No team is going to give up more then a 6th or 7th for Vick this offseason making what he would make if the Eagles picked up the option

If Kolb is moved, its cause the Eagles don't view him as a starting QB. Mcnabb won't being playing forever and may only have a couple seasons left as a starter, if they feel Kolb is starting material, McNabb would be moved first and it will be a similar situation as GB except hopefully without all the retirements

rotoworld.com

He looked pretty good in Philly when McNabb was out for a couple of weeks. He put up a couple of 300 yard games if I remember correctly, granted that was behind Philly's OL. Should he be a guy that the Bills persue in the offseason if he's available? If the price tag is reasonable, I say we should look into it.

There is precedent for it working. Schaub moved on from Atlanta to have decent success with the Texans.

They key is to avoid bringing in a journeyman backup like Kelly Holcomb or Ryan Fitzpatrick

Too bad we couldn't have arranged a trade involving Kolb and our former dead-beat LT. I'd take him, but I like JP Orton more if he's relieved of his mt. high duties and drafting Pike in the 2nd.

Even when Locker was in the draft Pike was a first round guy and now w/o Locker he may be a top 15.