LMAO cheap, scared Ralph at it again.

DarthICE

unless i missed something (which is always a possibility) hopefully modrak and guy being passed over, means they will be SHOWN THE DOOR!

i'm not real optimistic about this hiring, but i want to see who he brings in first....he deserves that much.

Guy yes....Modrak no....why is it news that Modrak was only brought into the inner circle for this past years draft?????

In other words - he provided information for his prior 5 years but NEVER was put in position to pull the trigger on the given decision. Having viewed the busts that we drafted and having seen the guys Modrak recommended = he got promoted....what do you think this tells you???

And the year he gets promoted and Nix comes in we have our best draft in years both in talent and in priorities (big meat on offensive lines)......

Modrak has no desire to be a GM

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph did it again. The cheap route. That just means no good name coaches are going to come here. This is getting so old.

In this instance Ralph did a great move - they put at GM a guy who has 30+ years as a scout Pro/presonnel man....exactly what we need to compliment the beancounters currently in place.....

Nix is only an "insider" because we brought him in 10 months ago and helped guide our best draft in years//...

So the only people interviewed for the GM job....was in house. Modrak, Guy and Nix are you !@#$ing kidding me? And you guys really think anything is going to change?

So much for cleaning house. You can bet Modrak and Guy are staying now and 'helping' with the draft. So that means the same assclowns are going to be making our Draft and FA picks.

The only way this thing was going to change is if Ralph cleaned house completely and brought in new guys, that didn't happen. It will not matter who the coach is, the same clowns are running the show.

Only in buffalo do we keep giving guys their first shot at something instead of hiring anyone with any measured success.

your blind negativity is just overwhelming - give it a rest

I love how so many Bills fans are upset that other fans are angry with this move. After all, with a track record like Buffalo has, they should not be praised at the outset. Look at the last few men RW has hired as GM, and it's clear that the owner does not know football men or operations.

I'm fine with trusting teams like the Giants, Eagles, Chargers, Colts, Steelers, and Patriots. They've earned a solid rep from years of NFL success. They have the benefit of the doubt whenever they make a move and that remains until they devolve into perennial losers.

OTOH, the Bills haven't done anything right in a decade, yet look at how many fans are confident this one move is going to work. Where does this unbridled confidence come from? IMO, when the team is so bad for so long, they've lost credibility. Until they earn it back, the only natural thing to be is skeptical.

Buddy Nix is a straight shooter. But if he doesn't have authority over football ops, it doesn't matter. He must have the authority to change the franchise. And I'm not sure he does.

I love how so many Bills fans are upset that other fans are angry with this move. After all, with a track record like Buffalo has, they should not be praised at the outset. Look at the last few men RW has hired as GM, and it's clear that the owner does not know football men or operations.

I'm fine with trusting teams like the Giants, Eagles, Chargers, Colts, Steelers, and Patriots. They've earned a solid rep from years of NFL success. They have the benefit of the doubt whenever they make a move and that remains until they devolve into perennial losers.

OTOH, the Bills haven't done anything right in a decade, yet look at how many fans are confident this one move is going to work. Where does this unbridled confidence come from? IMO, when the team is so bad for so long, they've lost credibility. Until they earn it back, the only natural thing to be is skeptical.

Buddy Nix is a straight shooter. But if he doesn't have authority over football ops, it doesn't matter. He must have the authority to change the franchise. And I'm not sure he does.

So taking the guy who is in 2nd in command for one of the best oragnizations doesn't count??? Because that's what Nix was. How is hiring Nix any different than hiring the 2nd in command guy of the PAts, Eagles, Giants, Steelers, Colts? IMO, the Chargers have the best personnel department in the enitre league. And Nix was a huge part of that. Some people try too hard to find reasons to B word.

Absolutely correct. Until they prove otherwise on the field, they get NO benefit of the doubt.

PS :flirt: Ralph.

Absolutely correct. Until they prove otherwise on the field, they get NO benefit of the doubt.

PS :flirt: Ralph.

So another offseason of constant whining. Awesome.

P.S. <_< you. What the hell have you done? Ralph kept a team in Buffalo for 50 years in an economy that has been dying every year since the inception of the team. You have 11,000+ posts whining on an internet board about the team. Advantage Ralph.

Nix is an excellent hire. Don't let the hiring from within moniker fool you.

At first glance, it can appear to be a lazy hire. But Nix was a key architect (along with Polian, Butler, and Smith) of the Super Bowl Bills. He again proved himself in San Diego.

This is the football GM I was waiting for.

LETS GET A COACH!

Nix is an excellent hire. Don't let the hiring from within moniker fool you.

At first glance, it can appear to be a lazy hire. But Nix was a key architect (along with Polian, Butler, and Smith) of the Super Bowl Bills. He again proved himself in San Diego.

This is the football GM I was waiting for.

LETS GET A COACH!

First, let's fire Modrak and Guy.

So another offseason of constant whining. Awesome.

P.S. :flirt: you. What the hell have you done? Ralph kept a team in Buffalo for 50 years in an economy that has been dying every year since the inception of the team. You have 11,000+ posts whining on an internet board about the team. Advantage Ralph.

11K+ posts keeping it real > 3K+ posts being a blind homer B word. Advantage Rico. <_<

you are absolutely right. there is no reason to assume this will work.

Sully agrees with Ice it appears.

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sully_on_sports/

While this might have been an "in house hire", what Jerry fails to point out is that Buddy had NO PART in the failure which has been the Buffalo Bills over the past decade. He was too busy drafting ProBowlers and going to the playoffs in San Diego.

Also Buddy has been up for several GM jobs over the years with other teams...