LMAO cheap, scared Ralph at it again.

DarthICE

But if Nix was picked from SD this year by teh Bills, that won't be a good hire? Dimitroff has done a good job but he also has a great owner and the luxury of having a franchise QB fall in his life. Guys get passed over all the time and become successful later on. AJ Smith didn't get his job until Butler died. This didn't make him any less qualified.

Time will tell but Wilson had no problem giving Polian and TD full control. If he says it's Nix's team, I have no problem believing him. Here's to 2010 and non-crappy Bills football. :flirt:

CB97-Dimitroff earned his rep with NE in personnel. But he had the potential to be a GM. We'll see on Nix, particularly whether he has the control we all want him to have. And for the record, Ryan didn't simply fall into his lap. If the draft is a crap shoot like many say it is (and it's not) then QB's don't fall into anyone's lap-EVER. You have to find those types. P. Manning, McNabb, could easily have been Leaf, Tim Couch, or Akili Smith.

I still think next year will be a rebuilding year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CB97-Dimitroff earned his rep with NE in personnel. But he had the potential to be a GM. We'll see on Nix, particularly whether he has the control we all want him to have. And for the record, Ryan didn't simply fall into his lap. If the draft is a crap shoot like many say it is (and it's not) then QB's don't fall into anyone's lap-EVER. You have to find those types. P. Manning, McNabb, could easily have been Leaf, Tim Couch, or Akili Smith.

I still think next year will be a rebuilding year.

I think he will have the same control TD had except Brandon will be in control of non-football operations. I believe TD did both. I also Nix was part of the Chargers draftign 2 current top 5 QBs.

As much as I hate say it, I think new year will be rebuilding. But I don't think it is a 5 year problem. I have confidence in Nix getting the lines improves (McNeil was a 2nd round LT that Nix was directly involved in selecting). Obviously, the key is find a franchise QB and coach. I guess we will just have to pray he gets it right.

No Russ, how about oh Ron wolf, Charlie Casserly and the list can go on.

Honestly, the Russ think is something a 10 year old would use in an argument. i don't agree with your glass half empty and life sucks mentality on the Bills, so I must work for the Bills. Witty stuff. Anyways, i don't want to get in pissing matches. you are calling for a guy who is retired and has made no interest in returning (Wolf) and a guy who helped build a Texans team that has gotten to the playoffs as many times as we have this decade (Casserly). You are completely unrealistic.

Anyways, I have seen your posts and will just allow you to be who you are. I find it boring but to each his own. Have a good New Years and have more fun whining.

P.S. Here comes you calling me Russ. You're a creative one. :flirt:

Honestly, the Russ think is something a 10 year old would use in an argument. i don't agree with your glass half empty and life sucks mentality on the Bills, so I must work for the Bills. Witty stuff. Anyways, i don't want to get in pissing matches. you are calling for a guy who is retired and has made no interest in returning (Wolf) and a guy who helped build a Texans team that has gotten to the playoffs as many times as we have this decade (Casserly). You are completely unrealistic.

Anyways, I have seen your posts and will just allow you to be who you are. I find it boring but to each his own. Have a good New Years and have more fun whining.

P.S. Here comes you calling me Russ. You're a creative one. :flirt:

Yeah God forbid we even interview those guys. I am really glad we didnt hire a 70 year old that is so respected in the NFL world he has never been offered a GM job till now. And I sure as heck don't want to pull a guy out of retirement to run this thing...oh wait...

Bottom line this was expected. I even said it would happen. Ralph would go the cheapest/ safest route and you guys would fight like hell to validate the move. I have yet to see anything, anywhere, that says Nix actually ran the Chargers Drafts. Nothing saying he had final say on draft picks. I have read he is a damn good scout esp in the SEC.

Its like this, most of the lemmings on the message boards that lap up everything Ralph throws to them are kinda like flies. They move from one pile of crap to another and another all the time thinking the next pile is better than the last. The problem is....its still nothing but crap.

So the only people interviewed for the GM job....was in house. Modrak, Guy and Nix are you !@#$ing kidding me? And you guys really think anything is going to change?

So much for cleaning house. You can bet Modrak and Guy are staying now and 'helping' with the draft. So that means the same assclowns are going to be making our Draft and FA picks.

The only way this thing was going to change is if Ralph cleaned house completely and brought in new guys, that didn't happen. It will not matter who the coach is, the same clowns are running the show.

Only in buffalo do we keep giving guys their first shot at something instead of hiring anyone with any measured success.

Not only are you an arrogant, self righteous blowhard, you're also completely uninformed.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson shed some light on what it was that got Nix the nod.

After interviewing both inside and outside the organization Wilson and CEO Russ Brandon whittled their candidate list down to two in-house finalists. Wilson explained what got Nix the job in the end.

“We made the decision that Buddy had a little more management experience,” said Wilson. “He had been the assistant GM in San Diego for several years. So we selected Buddy.”

Nix also has a deep background in coaching having been one at the high school and college level for over 30 years.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/12/31/w...-in-nixs-favor/

Yeah God forbid we even interview those guys. I am really glad we didnt hire a 70 year old that is so respected in the NFL world he has never been offered a GM job till now. And I sure as heck don't want to pull a guy out of retirement to run this thing...oh wait...

Bottom line this was expected. I even said it would happen. Ralph would go the cheapest/ safest route and you guys would fight like hell to validate the move. I have yet to see anything, anywhere, that says Nix actually ran the Chargers Drafts. Nothing saying he had final say on draft picks. I have read he is a damn good scout esp in the SEC.

Its like this, most of the lemmings on the message boards that lap up everything Ralph throws to them are kinda like flies. They move from one pile of crap to another and another all the time thinking the next pile is better than the last. The problem is....its still nothing but crap.

I am an...

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/blog/upl...8565-791163.jpg

http://people.ucsc.edu/~kfeinste/felting_files/hat002.jpg

Fixed.

And can anyone actually prove that Nix 'ran San diego's drafts'? Anyone? I want to see real proof from a reliable source that Nix actually ran the Chargers drafts and had final say on who was picked.

You're the one with the problem towards this guy. Look it up yourself if you're so torn over Nix.

Unless of course you're offering to pay someone to do it for you. PM me if you are, I'll take nothing less than $50.

Don't worry, I won't be holding my breath.... :flirt:

Darth did it ever occur to you that the bills already KNEW they needed a football guy as GM and brought in Nix for that specific reason? Take a look at it for a minute:

- Buddy was Asst GM in a place where they were pretty darn good at drafting and bringing in good players.....magically mysteriously Nix retires.

- Then he turns around and takes a job as head scout for the bills......at that time most of us could not believe our good fortune due to him being associated with successful drafts

- Last years draft minus Maybin was extremely productive

- Now Nix is GM.....and Brandon is back to doing what he should have been all along and working with the money.

Maybe we didn't draft those guys because there was ALREADY a plan in place?

I cant prove any of that.....Im just saying that it makes as much sense as any of this other speculation

Well Bottom line he is our GM so I guess I gotta give the guy a fair shot. He did say a couple things in his interview with CB I thought were interesting.

Only time will tell if OBD is full of **** like normal or they have finally turned the corner.

Before I start bashing the guy, lets wait and see who he hires as his head coach. Then wait and see who the coordinators are, and then wait and see who he drafts.

Personally I think Wilson is playing craps again with the personnel and he hopes to get lucky :censored:

dude if fewell is the next hc i will puke................

Before I start bashing the guy, lets wait and see who he hires as his head coach. Then wait and see who the coordinators are, and then wait and see who he drafts.

Personally I think Wilson is playing craps again with the personnel and he hopes to get lucky :censored:

I don't question Nix's credentials. IMO his success depends more on whether he gets the power to do the job. That includes the financial support needed to bring in quality free agents and having a policy of paying top players what they are worth so they stay with the team. So the question really is... will he be a puppet GM or a real one? A year from now we will know.

No measured success???? With SD Nix was in charge of drafts where he selected a dozen pro bowelers. A DOZEN!!! You can't find many people with a better draft record than Buddy Nix. If you somehow think promoting someone like that is a problem then I guess nothing will make you happy.

PTR

+1 . Darth take your meds. Not to mention Nix was here for the 90's and that was pretty good.