Shocking news! Clayton doesn't believe Sal's report

Whitner20

Tampa has GREAT facilities, is much closer to his home in Carolina than Buffalo, has great weather & is a very nice area to live (Tony Dungy will tell you so)

Josh Freeman is BETTER than any QB on the Bills. He reminds me of Doug Williams. I think he is going to be a GREAT QB. He has the size of Big Ben but is much more mobile, has a GREAT arm & seems to have a love of the game.

If the Bucs win this week, I would be surprised if Morris gets fired. The players love him & he seems to be a Coach with a future in the NFL. The Glazers are also strapped for cash since they bought Manchester United, so I doubt they will want to pay Gruden, Morris & Cowher for the next few years, especially since there may be no football in 2011.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa has GREAT facilities, is much closer to his home in Carolina than Buffalo, has great weather & is a very nice area to live (Tony Dungy will tell you so)

Josh Freeman is BETTER than any QB on the Bills. He reminds me of Doug Williams. I think he is going to be a GREAT QB. He has the size of Big Ben but is much more mobile, has a GREAT arm & seems to have a love of the game.

If the Bucs win this week, I would be surprised if Morris gets fired. The players love him & he seems to be a Coach with a future in the NFL. The Glazers are also strapped for cash since they bought Manchester United, so I doubt they will want to pay Gruden, Morris & Cowher for the next few years, especially since there may be no football in 2011.

How do you figure that Tampa is MUCH closer to Carolina than Tampa? I have relatives in both area's and I live in Charlotte Carolina. If he lives in Raleigh or Greensboro it might actually be farther. Tampa might be 30 minutes closer by car and 10 minutes closer by plane from Charlotte. You really think that is weighing in to his decision???

You are right about the distance, Buffalo is actually about 100 miles closer than Tampa, my mistake.

You are wrong about Football in Tampa. Tampa is NOT Jacksonville!!!!!!! Tampa has supported the Bucs since the beginning & aside from the Gruden years the Bucs have had terrible teams, so throw out history of failure by bad coaches as a Buffalo problem alone. Tampa also supported the Tampa Bay Bandits of the USFL. (Now they were a fun team to watch)

If the Tampa job were to open it would be more attractive to a Coach than Buffalo for a number of reasons.

#1 NO STATE INCOME TAX

2 Great Facilities

3 Great Weather & Area to live (makes the wife HAPPY)

4 Freeman is a MUCH BETTER QB than ANY on the Bills & the kind of QB a Coach can build a team around for YEARS.

However as I said before, I would be surprised if the Bucs fire Morris so I doubt the job will be available.

I disagree with better weather. This time of year, no doubt about it Tampa is the place to be, but for the 1st 2.5 months of the football season it is downright miserable in Tampa. I went to the game there the 2nd week of the season about 5yrs ago. It had to be 100 degrees on the football field. Buffalo in alot of ways has perfect football weather. Temps are usually in the high 50s/low 60s. The falls here are beautifull.

We haven't had a Hurricane in years. I have never seen a Tornado since I have been living here. Traffic is not that bad, not like Buffalo, but what City is? High Crime? I don't think it is too bad........just watch your children ( for some reason Fla does attract some CRAZIES) There are some gay beaches, but I say live & let live, I just don't go there..............there are MANY beaches that aren't gay.

I thought Tampa Bay was a sh*thole when I have been there a few times, the actual city I mean. St Pete is much nicer imo.

Disagree with that statement...

The weather stinks... jobs and people leaving upstate NY in doves...high taxes... old stadium... older owner, who is notoriously cheap... play in bad weather outside near the end of the season.

The old owner Bill Bidwell used to actually sit in on every player that was signed to HIS team. He has retired, and now lets his sons run the team. They made the choice to hire the chin 2 and finally pay the players that deserve it, and the result is a winning org.

I really disagree about the weather being a factor. Look at the home games this year every game was pretty nice weather. The opener was 78 & sunny, NO was 75 & partly cloudy, Cleveland was 64 & Partly sunny, Houston was 58 & partly sunny, Miami(thanksgiving weekend) was 58 & sunny & NE was 28 & partly sunny. This sunday the weather looks rough(as it does in every other northeast city) but the weather gets so overblown from out of towners. Bottomline, for most of the football season, Buffalo has perfect football weather.

Just for the sake of clarity, Tampa is not "much closer" to NC than Buffalo is. About 10 hours drive either way. But they are both far enough that it's a flight anyway so that's irrelevant.

The attraction to Buffalo versus other markets is the relative lack of distraction for the players and the rabid fan base. Pro football is huge here. It's not nearly the same in Tampa. Sometimes a more "comfortable" place to live is not the place to reach your potential.

No, the real reason Buffalo can't draw the attention of most big name coaches is the poor ownership and history of failure by past coaches. We are like the Arizona Cardinals were a decade ago.

One big reason may be this:::

NY has State Income Taxes....Florida does not....5% to 7% of your 10M a year ...

dont you pay state income tax to your state of residence?

i'm sure cowher is not going to make buffalo his residence if he comes here

Yea its the reason why guys like A Rod making $25 million for the yankees dont get killed in taxes, they declare residence elsewhere........but dont tell that to the simpletons on this board.....

The Bills might not be a desirable destination, but i think too many people here are obssessed with the weather factor..... the weather sucks soooo bad that ex players bills and sabres still live here even after they play for other teams....... or that we cant win with a QB who played a few years in warmer climate..... or that someone like cowher who coached in tropical Pitt wouldnt want to come here bc of that.

Look the Bills blow, its a small city too, those are reasons enough.

Disagree with that statement...

The weather stinks... jobs and people leaving upstate NY in doves...high taxes... old stadium... older owner, who is notoriously cheap... play in bad weather outside near the end of the season.

The weather factor is so overblown. It's what you make of it.

I've lived in the South East for 10 years, and the summers are miserable.

What's worse? Snow and 20 degrees w/ windchill of 10 or 100% humidity and 95 degrees w/ heat index of 110?

What's worse? Snow and 20 degrees w/ windchill of 10 or 100% humidity and 95 degrees w/ heat index of 110?

When then do so many retire to Florida if the weather is so bad in the summer?

Buffalo catches the wind off the lake and is particularly notorious for bad weather and snow, not so horrid if your used to it I suppose.

Another poster stated that Buffalo is the armpit of all the NFL cities, I have a lower opinion anatomically.

Face it, its a tougher sell to bring in free agents and coaches into Buffalo because of the things I mentioned.

On the upside, the Bills have some of the greatest fans in the NFL, some of the most dedicated hardcore football fans ever, every game this season a sell out with no blackouts. Quite a feat considering how small a market Buffalo is, and their record over the last 10 years.

I can always put more clothes on

When then do so many retire to Florida if the weather is so bad in the summer?

Ever hear of taxes? Ever hear of the "Snow Bird" phenomenon?

I know it will be hard to believe, but not everybody that retires to Florida actually spends the summer in Florida.

Buffalo catches the wind off the lake and is particularly notorious for bad weather and snow, not so horrid if your used to it I suppose.

When was the last time you were in WNY? 1977? Keep perpetuating that myth. It has already proven, repeatedly, that the Buffalo is not the snow and/or bad weather capital of America.

In fact, just look at the most recent weather storm that took place around Christmas. The mid-west got pounded. Buffalo? The region south of the city, the snow belt, got the most: about a foot.

Another poster stated that Buffalo is the armpit of all the NFL cities, I have a lower opinion anatomically.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. That doesn't mean their opinion is correct.

Face it, its a tougher sell to bring in free agents and coaches into Buffalo because of the things I mentioned.

I will agree with the old stadium and the FO is a mess. The front office can be fixed by hiring a competent GM.

TD had no problem in attracting and acquiring free agents.

Please get a map my friend (per Mapquest):

Buffalo to Raleigh, NC: 715 miles

Tampa to Raleigh, NC: 680 miles

So much closer! I think Ill walk away from $10m. for 35 miles.

Notorious to who? I would argue it's more notorious to people not from WNY who like to

deal in the stereotypes they heard others say. The weather can get bad, but no more

than any other northeastern or midwestern city. It's supposed to be cold in the winter

time. When did everyone turn into such poontangs?