Surprise Bills player makes Prisco's "Pro Bowl"

bananathumb

CBS Sports writer, Pete Prisco, in an article today, explains why the "real" pro bowl selctions are a farce and instead makes his own, more legitimate picks. Only one Bills player makes it to the AFC squad and only as a backup behind the two starters. His name is

KYLE WILLIAMS.

I am surprised but kind of like the pick. Williams always goes all-out and he is productive. It is nice to see him selected over bigger "names" like Haloti Ngata. I am also always surprised that people on this board want to draft a DT in round one; Williams and Stroud are not the reason why our team can't stop the run. (That is on our useless linebackers.)

This team could do a lot worse than getting either Suh or Cody (actually, the current and past FOs have shown time and again that they absolutely can do worse). A proven DT who brings a big body to plug the middle along with Stroud.

Then, we need to pick up a starting LB to supplant Ellison. LBs get hurt; it's the nature of the position. Unfortunately, it was the nature of Dick Jauron to man-love DB physiques and put them at all manner of positions. Mitchell and Poz are tolerable; DT doing more dirty work should free them up more. Add in better schemes (you know, like one that doesn't force LBs & DEs(!) to cover WRs) and you'd see a difference. We need to rebuild our LB depth and get a handle on roster management that Jauron totally screwed over with ST players as 'depth.'

We need to get bigger on the lines and emphasize the point of attack. Getting killed in run defense, and that goes to LB but it also goes toward the DL getting some kind of initial contact.

Not knocking KW. If Suh or Cody (prefer Cody) is picked, he would still play an important role in the rotation/change-up and mitigated drop-off should a starter go down.

This team could do a lot worse than getting either Suh or Cody (actually, the current and past FOs have shown time and again that they absolutely can do worse). A proven DT who brings a big body to plug the middle along with Stroud.

Then, we need to pick up a starting LB to supplant Ellison. LBs get hurt; it's the nature of the position. Unfortunately, it was the nature of Dick Jauron to man-love DB physiques and put them at all manner of positions. Mitchell and Poz are tolerable; DT doing more dirty work should free them up more. Add in better schemes (you know, like one that doesn't force LBs & DEs(!) to cover WRs) and you'd see a difference. We need to rebuild our LB depth and get a handle on roster management that Jauron totally screwed over with ST players as 'depth.'

We need to get bigger on the lines and emphasize the point of attack. Getting killed in run defense, and that goes to LB but it also goes toward the DL getting some kind of initial contact.

Not knocking KW. If Suh or Cody (prefer Cody) is picked, he would still play an important role in the rotation/change-up and mitigated drop-off should a starter go down.

The only way we get Suh or Cody will likely be if we lose the last two games so badly they take away a few of our earlier wins.

id actually bet that if we did end up drafting a DT first, we would see them starting next to Williams with Stroud being the one rotating in. keep the older guy fresher.

I love our "rolling bunch of butcher knives." He kinda reminds me a bit of Darryl Talley. Albeit less talented. Unsung but productive and a real football player. I bet he'd kill on a real defensive team like Baltimore.

C

CBS Sports writer, Pete Prisco, in an article today, explains why the "real" pro bowl selctions are a farce and instead makes his own, more legitimate picks. Only one Bills player makes it to the AFC squad and only as a backup behind the two starters. His name is

KYLE WILLIAMS.

I am surprised but kind of like the pick. Williams always goes all-out and he is productive. It is nice to see him selected over bigger "names" like Haloti Ngata. I am also always surprised that people on this board want to draft a DT in round one; Williams and Stroud are not the reason why our team can't stop the run. (That is on our useless linebackers.)

We could pick the day before the draft and it wouldn't matter. Except for DBs we can't seem to evaluate worth &*!@.

C

KYLE WILLIAMS.

I don't agree with your last statement.

I'm not jumping to defend our minor league linebacking corp, but stud defensive tackles make your linebackers look like All-Pro's. If your D tackles are doing a bang-up job, your linebackers will look like masters.

Remember Pat Williams and Ted Washington? Or Pat and Sam Adams? Now, clearly Fletcher, Spikes, Crowell were better than what we have now. However, Big Pat and either Mount Washington or 'The Keg' were monsters on the defensive line. They tied up blockers, thus freeing up the linebackers to blow up the opponents running game, rush the passer, etc.

If your linebackers are stars, then most likely you have good defensive/ nose tackles.

The only way we get Suh or Cody will likely be if we lose the last two games so badly they take away a few of our earlier wins.

You mean we won't get Cody in the second? Right now, he's figured as likely to go somewhere around 25th to 40th.

But yeah, no chance whatsoever for Suh.

I suppose if Cody were our guy, we could trade back once or even twice and try to pick him up along with another player or two. And God knows we have a lot of holes to fill and could use another two 2nd or 3rd rounders.

You mean we won't get Cody in the second? Right now, he's figured as likely to go somewhere around 25th to 40th.

But yeah, no chance whatsoever for Suh.

I suppose if Cody were our guy, we could trade back once or even twice and try to pick him up along with another player or two. And God knows we have a lot of holes to fill and could use another two 2nd or 3rd rounders.

My bad, was thinking McCoy. We definitely have a shot at Cody.

If you watch the D-line closely at the games, Williams not Stroud is the one who draws most of the double teams. Stroud's best years are behind him, or he's not trying hard because our team blows. not sure which.

Williams is a nice #3 or #4 DT who is having his best season- it won't get any better for him than it is right now. For those who say I should be be happy with his play and he is our #1 DT, I answer, I am happy with his progress and that is a MAJOR problem. Our defense is built on a mediocre foundation and this group will never be more than mediocre.

KYLE WILLIAMS.

:wallbash:

Stroud is over the hill, face it he gets manhandled now.

Kyle is a good UT.

No and yes. I said last year that we had to do more than just add Stroud. Stroud is a starting caliber DT, but we need a second starting caliber guy along with a good backup to go along with Williams. I would completely blow up the group of defensive ends.

At linebacker, we are a complete joke. Ellison may not even be a backup and Pozlusny is an overrated Big 10 guy, just like Maybin