If the Colts are 15-0, will NBC flex the Bills game?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the playoff races are decided, look for the colts game to get "flexed" into the 4:15 slot with Nantz/Sims doing it as CBS' late national broadcast.

I highly doubt it will get flexed into the 8:30 NBC slot.

Unless the playoff races are decided, look for the colts game to get "flexed" into the 4:15 slot with Nantz/Sims doing it as CBS' late national broadcast.

I highly doubt it will get flexed into the 8:30 NBC slot.

Likewise. It's all about ratings: Most of the nation would prefer to see Philly-Dallas, especially with playoff implications. Indy and some Peyton Gump fans would like to see the Colts, while no one wants to see the Bills.

It's very possible but it depends on what CBS and Fox protect. NBC doesn't automatically get to get whatever game they want. CBS and Fox have first rights on each of the day games and can protect a certain number of games. NBC will take what they feel is the best game out of what's left unprotected.

CBS and Fox can not protect games in Week 17...

gratuitous link

Unlike in previous weeks, CBS and Fox do not have any flex protection for Week 17 and can't block movement of a game to prime time on NBC. CBS and Fox each can protect five games in the six earlier weeks of flexible scheduling.

Let's lobby NBC to flex San Fran at St. Louis

gratuitous link

Unlike in previous weeks, CBS and Fox do not have any flex protection for Week 17 and can't block movement of a game to prime time on NBC. CBS and Fox each can protect five games in the six earlier weeks of flexible scheduling.

Are you saying the_Philster doesn't know everything? :rolleyes:

gratuitous link

gotcha :rolleyes: probably explains why NBC doesn't already have a game tentatively scheduled then

I think Peyton Manning trumps possible playoff deciders like PHI/DAL or PIT/MIA.

PTR

If IND is still in the hunt for 16-0, IMO anything, any existing rules will be bent and ignored. The NFL is a biz noted for grabbing the last dollar.

Moving and showcasing the game makes sense to me. I hope they do.

I hope not and I don't think so, there will be too many games with playoff implications. With the real possibility that Manning might not play more than a quarter if at all, and they are playing one of the most boring teams in the NFL, they have much better choices. Maybe they learned their lesson when one of the first games they flexed was the Bills and Pats and it was a one sided blowout.

Either way, I forsee a win...the date will be January 3rd...and if you're a Bills fan, you understand the significance of that date

And.... ... ..... we'll likely be behind by 4 touchdowns at the half and have a backup QB playing. This is getting scarey.

There are so many compelling games this Sunday with all the 7-7 teams jockeying for position, yet NBC continues to run with it's Dallas - Washington game, where if the Philly-Wash game is any indication, the Redskins will be pummelled (especially after the Cowboys win over NO).

No more Washington in prime time this season, please.