Updated NFL Mock Draft

Anyone think this would be a good idea???? Not in the first round if you ask me

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

10 BUFFALO BILLS: DEZ BRYANT, WR, OKLAHOMA STATE

Scouting Report

This may be the worst-case scenario for Buffalo because they miss out on the two top quarterback prospects in this draft as well as the best offensive tackle. All is not lost though because Oklahoma State’s Dez Bryant would be a steal if he fell this far. The Terrell Owens experiment clearly didn’t work out and it’s unlikely he’ll be brought back next season so the Bills will have to find somebody to replace him. Checking in at a solid 6-2 and 220 pounds, Bryant doesn’t have elite timed speed but he is very elusive, a great leaper with terrific ball skills and catches everything in sight. Bryant has the potential to be a true #1 target at the next level and many feel he is just as good of a prospect as Michael Crabtree was coming out of college, if not better. The addition of Bryant would give Buffalo a big-time playmaker in the passing game, although they will still have to find somebody to throw him the ball as well as somebody to protect the guy throwing the ball. If only they hadn’t passed on stud offensive tackle Michael Oher in favor of Aaron Maybin, a situational pass rusher who has made little or no impact as a rookie. The Bills also have a glaring need at outside linebacker but Texas’ Sergio Kindle is more of a 3-4 guy and this is too early for Missouri’s Sean Weatherspoon. This isn't an ideal situation for the Bills but based on who’s available Dez Bryant is the best option they have at this point.

Man, the Bears need to win a couple of games to close the year out. :rolleyes:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the Bears need to win a couple of games to close the year out. :rolleyes:

I would love it if we moved ahead of the Bears.

Regarding picking a WR in round one, we've hardly seen Hardy and have seen less of Johnson. With two guys who may or may not be good waiting in line, it would be stupid to add another. I can't believe some members of this board would be okay with picking Bryant in the first round. Other than getting a stud linebacker, this team better go after linemen with a vengence or there will be no improvement in play.

As one of the most positive Bills fan on the planet, this may be my breaking point. I think Bryant is a great talent but the last think we need is more receivers or d backs. We are fine in that area and they are the positions that win championships.

Uhh.. are you sure about not needing wide receivers? TO and Josh Reed are gone. Roscoe might be out the door as well. Are you telling me you are okay with Evans, Hardy, Jenkins/Johnson as your WRs? I'm not saying WR is the #1 priority right now, but there are glaring needs at that position.

The LAST thing this team needs is another luxury pick.

Cornerback/Secondary and wide receiver, are depth areas on a team that is fundamentally broken on both lines.

NEEDS:

Left Tackle, Run-Stopping Defensive Tackle or Nose Tackle (depending on offseason d-coordinator move), Linebacker, a later round QB prospect, round out the O-Line and D-Line depth.

This would be a great pick IF:

The Bills got McNabb/Kolb/some other potentially availible QB/Brohm is the second coming of Johnny U the last two games

Bills sign Marcus McNeil to play LT

Bills sign Logan Mankins to play G

Bills sign Merriman to play DE

Bills sign Wilvork to play DT

Bills sign D. Johnson/T. Howard/T. Davis to play LB

Butler and Wood are back to 90%+ by end of training camp

Until that is done, this pick blows

EDIT: Wait, he still has us passing on Cody, Baluga (the future best RT in football IMO), along with many quality DTs and Gs... Id be pissed with that pick even with that dream list of prospects...

The Bills got McNabb/Kolb/some other potentially availible QB/Brohm is the second coming of Johnny U the last two games

I am really surprised no one has taken a shot with this kid, or is it the Eagles wont let anyone. Everytime he comes in to spell McNabb for a game or 2 he is throwing for close to 300 yds, hell i would take Kolb anyday.

I think we already learned this year that it doesn't really matter what talent you have at WR....if you have no offensive line or QB to get the ball out there.

My 2010 Bills season would end with that pick.

How did this thread not end with this post?!?

Until that is done, this pick blows

EDIT: Wait, he still has us passing on Cody, Baluga (the future best RT in football IMO), along with many quality DTs and Gs... Id be pissed with that pick even with that dream list of prospects...

I agree with most of your suggestions.

Uhh.. are you sure about not needing wide receivers? TO and Josh Reed are gone. Roscoe might be out the door as well. Are you telling me you are okay with Evans, Hardy, Jenkins/Johnson as your WRs? I'm not saying WR is the #1 priority right now, but there are glaring needs at that position.

Yep.

Call me a homer - but there's a lot to like about Mardy Gilyard. Dynamite returner, too.

My guess is that he gets plucked in the upper half of the 2nd.

Its not completely ridiculous. If the Bills were to pick the best player available at 10, Dez Bryant would be a steal. If I said to you guys last year "Michael Crabtree will be on the board when we pick", everyone on this board would have wanted to take him. And by all accounts, Bryant is very similar and could be better.

That being said, I clearly don't see WR as our top need. If the Bills are unfortunate enough to be picking at the 10 spot (considering how awful their team is) and all of the top QBs are gone, I really, really hope they trade down and grab some more picks.

I may be in the moniority here, but I think also if he's the best guy and good value there, take him.

The Bills will need WR help and it may take this position some time to develop, along with whoever they

bring in at QB.

Start rebuilding now, so in 3 years you actually have a group of guys on offense that have played and came up together.

P.S. IF there is a stud O-lineman or D-lineman available that's clearly better, get him.

BPA at this stage, or trade down and stockpile picks.

I would be looking for trades- see what teams will offer for Lynch or Schobel. I think we are a team built on mediocrity at nearly every position. I think the team needs to be blown up, as we aren't just a couple guys away. I would offer our first rounder and ANY combination of current players to get Suh- he is THE difference maker.

Say what you want about my wiillingness to part with Lynch, but the franchise QB/3franchise WR combo has replaced the franchise running back- you need two serviceable running backs and three very good WR's to make the offense go- not to mention that it all starts on the OL. If we can't get Suh, I wouldn't mind Okung or moving down and taking Dan LeFevour (if we could get him in the second round, I'd be ecstatic).

A guy to keep an eye on in the late rounds is RB Keithon Flemming from Division II West Texas A&M- I think he will be a good RB at the NFL level

I am really surprised no one has taken a shot with this kid, or is it the Eagles wont let anyone. Everytime he comes in to spell McNabb for a game or 2 he is throwing for close to 300 yds, hell i would take Kolb anyday.

I said that earlier in the year and got ripped for it...now people like this idea? lol