Who else played at "RICH"

bills in va

I plyed at RICH stadium in 1983 as a member of the Jamestown Red Raiders. A game we won to take the section 6 title, as far as you could go back then. As a life long BILLS fan it is one of my most cherished memories, suiting up in their locker room. Are there other posters out there who played at Rich? If so when and for whom?

1975, 1978 and 1981 with my band.

Then again in 1997, but it drew so badly, we will never return. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was there for all of 'em - as I remember, in '97, the upper deck was covered with tarpaulins, no one even came in 'til Blues Traveler finished, and the bridge to Babylon malfunctioned. ;)

I can see why you're disillusioned, but I hope you'll reconsider.

I plyed at RICH stadium in 1983 as a member of the Jamestown Red Raiders. A game we won to take the section 6 title, as far as you could go back then. As a life long BILLS fan it is one of my most cherished memories, suiting up in their locker room. Are there other posters out there who played at Rich? If so when and for whom?

My brother played in back to back title games in Rich for Lockport in 1990 and 1991 if my memory is correct. He played guard and ILB. Randy Smith was the star tailback.

I was there in 70-something to see Elton John.....hehe

That would've been 1976. Boz Scaggs (Lowdown and Lido Shuffle Fame) and one or two other bands played (One that did the song I believed was titled "It's Magic"). Elton was the real show. Still have a T-shirt from the concert which I can no longer fit in. That way it'll stay a relic that I can sell on eBay in another 20 years.

It was a great show. Elton was in Toronto at the time recording an album, which made teh concert a possibility.

'83 and '84 with Williamsville South. Beat Lew Port in '83, and I was fortunate enough to survive "tackling" Moose Johnson, who was an unbelievable beast. In '84 we hammered Grand Island to clinch the State Championship, which was voted on at that time by the writers. I was the starting defensive end and had 3 sacks. Awesome, awesome experience.

I played at Rich in 90, 91, and 92 with Canisius. I actually have a video tape of the 1992 game v. St. Joes. It was on local tv. Every so often I'll bust it out as a joke. I also played hockey at the Aud a bunch of times and baseball at Pilot Field. They were all fun experiences for a kid. It's nice that Buffalo's sports arenas/ fields are at least somewhat accessible to the community. I'm not sure that happens in other cities.

1985 we beat Roy-Hart at Rich. In the mid 80's they kind of got "cheap" with the Rich Stadium experience, as I remember. We didn't get access to the lockerooms that year and I think for halftime we ended up in the equipment garage. I was a JVer back then, so it's all a little foggy now. Obviously I didn't play, but we got to suit up and hang out on the sideline. Walking out of the tunnel was one of my favorite memories of HS football.