$10 Million dollars on the table and no one wants it?

Chuckknox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of these head coaches even came close to a $10 million dollar pay day. I can not believe they can not get someone lined up and signed to start this job.

I thought our GM was a sales person.

I don't understand it either. 80% of NFL teams are in such horrible financial states, yet Buffalo is at the top of the list financially. So much potential with the talent we do posses, and plenty of room to add the players the new Top Dawg would want.

Win in Washington or Dallas and youll get your props and normal respect, turn the Bills organization around and awaken our tormented fans and youll go down in th books.

Ralph (apparently) told Fewell that the remainder of the season was his job interview.

Brandon has had a talk with Shanahan to gauge interest.

That's it until after the season.

If it were my money I'd first find a GM and then move quickly from there.

(Ralph is unlikely to thumb his nose at the Rooney rule in either GM or HC searches)

Who says they have offered other coaches $10 million? the only coach that the Bills have actually talked to was Shanahan, and he is still out there. Also no one knows the details, like if they told him they would offer it to him after the season, or if he would be the GM/coach or just coach. Shanahan may have also decided to weigh his options. In Buffalo he is in rebuilding mode and a season or 2 from the playoffs. In Dallas, or with Dan "Moneys no Object" Snyder, they are much closer to the playoffs andbeing "built" already.

Holmgren passed cause he wanted complete control of the organisation which he would get in Clevland and tried to get in Seattle. He was asked to come in and just coach here, and he said no thanks. Cowher told everyone he is happy as an announcer now and won't talk til after the season, he is in a position where he can hold out for the position that suits his life and family better, he left coaching on his own terms, just like Dungy. Gruden is making similar money sitting in a booth for a few hours a week that he would make coaching and would be stupid to give that up

Remember, its not a race to see who can sign guys first, its getting the best choice for your team and theres still good choices out there that aren't huge names.

None of these head coaches even came close to a $10 million dollar pay day. I can not believe they can not get someone lined up and signed to start this job.

All they're doing is talking to coaches a little before the season is over...the $10 M goes on the table January 4th

There aren't a whole lot of guys who'll command 10M per, and if it's true Shanahan is going to Washington or elsewhere, only Cowher remains.

The bigger issue is the unattractiveness of the franchise and both HC and GM jobs. The roster is nearly bereft of talent, the owner is 91 and his team's future is very uncertain, not to mention they've sold a home game to a non-NFL market that may or may not support the team.

Established types who may command 10M per aren't attracted to complete rebuilding projects. This is why Buffalo will struggle to find someone, anyone. The Bills are only a half-step above the Raiders as a dysfunctional NFL franchise.

There aren't a whole lot of guys who'll command 10M per, and if it's true Shanahan is going to Washington or elsewhere, only Cowher remains.

The bigger issue is the unattractiveness of the franchise and both HC and GM jobs. The roster is nearly bereft of talent, the owner is 91 and his team's future is very uncertain, not to mention they've sold a home game to a non-NFL market that may or may not support the team.

Established types who may command 10M per aren't attracted to complete rebuilding projects. This is why Buffalo will struggle to find someone, anyone. The Bills are only a half-step above the Raiders as a dysfunctional NFL franchise.

This is typical "Buffalo Fan Grass is always Greener on the other side" mentality

There is talent on the roster, more then the fans give it credit for, and the age of the owner is not an issue, in the last few years there have been a couple of owners pass away, like in KC, and I believe ST Louis too. Its a 1 in 32 job that isn't something that comes by every day. Your comment about big names not being attracted to complete rebuilding projects may be true, but not there are very few coaches that can turn down offers and still find better positions out there

And The bills are not near the Raiders in the Dysfunction department, there isn't a team in the league that can compete with Oakland in that area. Actually, the bills may be pretty close to every other team in the "Dysfunction" department

Did Ralph say 10mil "per year?"

I don't think he said per year.

Because 10mil over 4 years could get you

a guy like Greg Williams as your DC, but we'd still need a HC.

Who says they have offered other coaches $10 million? the only coach that the Bills have actually talked to was Shanahan, and he is still out there. Also no one knows the details, like if they told him they would offer it to him after the season, or if he would be the GM/coach or just coach. Shanahan may have also decided to weigh his options. In Buffalo he is in rebuilding mode and a season or 2 from the playoffs. In Dallas, or with Dan "Moneys no Object" Snyder, they are much closer to the playoffs andbeing "built" already.

Holmgren passed cause he wanted complete control of the organisation which he would get in Clevland and tried to get in Seattle. He was asked to come in and just coach here, and he said no thanks. Cowher told everyone he is happy as an announcer now and won't talk til after the season, he is in a position where he can hold out for the position that suits his life and family better, he left coaching on his own terms, just like Dungy. Gruden is making similar money sitting in a booth for a few hours a week that he would make coaching and would be stupid to give that up

Remember, its not a race to see who can sign guys first, its getting the best choice for your team and theres still good choices out there that aren't huge names.

I agree with most of your post. However, this is what I just don't get. Most everyone says the Redskins are so much better than the Bills and closer to the playoffs. Yet... they currently sit at 4-9 and are getting their :oops: es handed to them by the Giants. The Bills, as bad as they are, have a 5-9 record.

IMO, both teams have several big holes to fill - most notably a QB plus help on the Oline. They need a RB, we need a LB; and so forth and so on.

So how is it that the Redskins are so much closer to the playoffs than we are?

Ralph (apparently) told Fewell that the remainder of the season was his job interview.

Brandon has had a talk with Shanahan to gauge interest.

That's it until after the season.

If it were my money I'd first find a GM and then move quickly from there.

(Ralph is unlikely to thumb his nose at the Rooney rule in either GM or HC searches)

Problem is, the big names are gonna ask why should they take 10 mil and come to Buffalo when they can wait til the end of the season and have their choice of jobs. Why take 1 job when they can wait a few months and have their choice of 5 jobs?

Thats where the problem lies. They already know the money is gonna be there. It's just who do they want to take it from and what else are they going to get besides the money....

Well said sir :oops:

I don't understand it either. 80% of NFL teams are in such horrible financial states, yet Buffalo is at the top of the list financially. So much potential with the talent we do posses, and plenty of room to add the players the new Top Dawg would want.

Win in Washington or Dallas and youll get your props and normal respect, turn the Bills organization around and awaken our tormented fans and youll go down in th books.

Which 80% of NFL teams are in "horrible financial states"?

I agree with most of your post. However, this is what I just don't get. Most everyone says the Redskins are so much better than the Bills and closer to the playoffs. Yet... they currently sit at 4-9 and are getting their :oops: es handed to them by the Giants. The Bills, as bad as they are, have a 5-9 record.

IMO, both teams have several big holes to fill - most notably a QB plus help on the Oline. They need a RB, we need a LB; and so forth and so on.

So how is it that the Redskins are so much closer to the playoffs than we are?

Because a good personnel man will go there knowing Synder will open up the cash flow to fill holes on their roster. Buffalo, most likely will not. If a good football guy ever hits the jackpot with Snyders money, the Skins can pull off a major turnaround in one year. Easily.

Because a good personnel man will go there knowing Synder will open up the cash flow to fill holes on their roster. Buffalo, most likely will not. If a good football guy ever hits the jackpot with Snyders money, the Skins can pull off a major turnaround in one year. Easily.

And how many teams have paid big money to multiple FA's and actually made it to the Super Bowl. Snyder's been buying most every big money player for years and what has that gotten him? So how is spending all this money on FA's going to be any different? Now you have Allen saying sign all the high-priced guys as opposed to some nobody?

The problem with the Buffalo job is the instability of ownership. No candidate knows who the owner of the team will be2, 3 or 5 years down the road. Ralph has made public his intention to own the team as long as he lives and to sell it to the highest bidder upon his death. You do not have to be an actuary to recognize the problem. Yes Ralph could outlive us all but they will not take a bet on it in Las Vegas.

I don't believe the Bills have ever committed to paying a coach any amount.

The $10million and the partial ownership for a coach story is pure speculation put out by Vic Carucci which have turned into urban legends.

The Bills will not hire a caoch any better than Perry Fewell and will keep the Inner Circle jerk intact --and the lemmings will set still more season ticket sales records

How do you know 10 mill WASN'T on the table? You can't even spell. What else do you NOT know? (Dis-credit where due)

Your last line is succinct, pertinent & correct. (Credit where due)

The problem with the Buffalo job is the instability of ownership. No candidate knows who the owner of the team will be2, 3 or 5 years down the road. Ralph has made public his intention to own the team as long as he lives and to sell it to the highest bidder upon his death. You do not have to be an actuary to recognize the problem. Yes Ralph could outlive us all but they will not take a bet on it in Las Vegas.

How does that matter to a coach, unless they refuse to want to coach in a city other then Buffalo? The new owner will have to honor the existing contracts, or else fire them and they will continue to get paid out their deal, something Ralph could do at any time.

If anything, this might be one of the better jobs cause Ralph has shown he may stick with coaches he likes for longer then he should recently.

As for Snyder and the Redskins, like someone said, they stip into one of the only positions in the league where the owner has a "Monies no Object" mentality and can get whatever they want personal wise. Thats very desirable, not having to work within budgets. Its alot easier to build when you have free reign to go after anyone you want without having to worry about a budget. The difference now for the redskins is they are bringing in some new football minds that may beable to spend Snyders money better