The Refs

judman

The officiating was terrible. Welker deserves an Oscar nomination for the "interference" call in the end zone. Holding not called, on Light, I believe. They did the replay several times to a chorus of boos.

Hey NFL, make it official:

-Give the patriots 5 downs on offense

-Give patriots opponents 3 downs on offense

-Penalize anyone who gets within 5 yards of Welker when he is catching the ball

-15 yards and an ejection to a defender who hits Brady below the shoulders

-Moss only needs one foot down with "questionable control" to make a catch in the end zone

-Give "creative license" to the patriots coaching staff to make independent films

-Let the Kraft family issue the guys in stripes a W-2

The refs are independent, right... BALONEY!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it is outlandish the breaks the refs give the Patriots, Bob Kraft's team.

I remember a TV discussion on the performance of NFL referees years ago, when one commentator was suspicious that referees favor teams and stars that are at the top of the league. He suggested more strict scrutiny by the league and bringing in new referees from the college ranks. The other commentator responded with "do you realize that several of the NFL referees are CEOs of companies?"

The more I thought about that statement, the more I kept thinking "I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means."

The officiating was terrible. Welker deserves an Oscar nomination for the "interference" call in the end zone. Holding not called, on Light, I believe. They did the replay several times to a chorus of boos.

Hey NFL, make it official:

-Give the patriots 5 downs on offense

-Give patriots opponents 3 downs on offense

-Penalize anyone who gets within 5 yards of Welker when he is catching the ball

-15 yards and an ejection to a defender who hits Brady below the shoulders

-Moss only needs one foot down with "questionable control" to make a catch in the end zone

-Give "creative license" to the patriots coaching staff to make independent films

-Let the Kraft family issue the guys in stripes a W-2

The refs are independent, right... BALONEY!

I was so pissed at the commentators for making a big deal out of that Schobel hit on Brady. How DARE he fall towards the mighty ones legs when he had his own taken out from under him.

I loved the obvious hold on Schobel on a big pass play to Moss that went uncalled. One of the announcers started to mention it and then just trailed off for some odd reason (to discuss McGee's injury perhaps). It just sounded odd--almost like a producer was whispering into his ear "don't go there."

As I noted yesterday in a post, Tim Donaghy on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago said that in the NBA it was common knowledge who the League wanted to win--large market teams--and the refs called games accordingly. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there's something fishy going on with refs in the NFL, particularly with respect to certain teams like the Pats*. I've just seen way too much over the years watching their games that just did not compute....

No one has mentioned it, but on the onside kick (Maybin genius move)... there's an official near the sideline who didn't have the best angle to determine who had the ball and that f***** pointed in the direction that the Pats had the ball. Anyone else see this? They'll never admit it but it's all crooked, the gambling... Dierdorf on his knees fellating Bob Kraft in the press box. If I were to ever go to another game, I only go if he's announcing and I go up to the press box and I show Dierdork the Bud Adams special... Kick me out of the game, I don't care, doing that is worth the price of admission. Dierdork is a rubber faced fata$$ed shill... that isn't the first time I've seen him as a blatant cheerleader of the opposition... I'd say worse but I'll stop.

No one has mentioned it, but on the onside kick (Maybin genius move)... there's an official near the sideline who didn't have the best angle to determine who had the ball and that f***** pointed in the direction that the Pats had the ball. Anyone else see this? They'll never admit it but it's all crooked, the gambling... Dierdorf on his knees fellating Bob Kraft in the press box. If I were to ever go to another game, I only go if he's announcing and I go up to the press box and I show Dierdork the Bud Adams special... Kick me out of the game, I don't care, doing that is worth the price of admission. Dierdork is a rubber faced fata$$ed shill... that isn't the first time I've seen him as a blatant cheerleader of the opposition... I'd say worse but I'll stop.

I agree 100%... How did Dierdork talk with both Bob Kraft and Tom Brady's c*cks in his mouth at the same time... That's David Blaine type magic right there...

I loved the obvious hold on Schobel on a big pass play to Moss that went uncalled. One of the announcers started to mention it and then just trailed off for some odd reason (to discuss McGee's injury perhaps). It just sounded odd--almost like a producer was whispering into his ear "don't go there."

As I noted yesterday in a post, Tim Donaghy on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago said that in the NBA it was common knowledge who the League wanted to win--large market teams--and the refs called games accordingly. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there's something fishy going on with refs in the NFL, particularly with respect to certain teams like the Pats*. I've just seen way too much over the years watching their games that just did not compute....

the one where he was tackled from behind --that was a classic

I was sitting in front of murph and kelso, and adjacent to Gumbel to Gumbel and Dierdork, and the thing that killed me was that murph and kazoo had the glass wide open, and bumble and Dierdork had the window shut and a shade down so it was harder to see the game.

That said as bad as the Bills O was, the refs beat the Bills not the Pats, even the Pats fans admitted that they were benefitting from **** calls or non calls

These extreme homer "the entire world is against the Bills" threads that show up after we lose are embarrassing. Even more so than the current team is.

It's quite simple ... we suck this season, as we have the 9 before it. Hopefully big changes will happen soon that will start the long process of making something respectable out of this team. All the whining in the world won't change the fact that we were second best.

While I am the first to complain about the pro-Pats* officiating, I thought the game was called pretty well yesterday.

Whitner and Corner mugged those Patriot* receivers in the endzone--it was embarassing. Those were good calls.

And while there were a bunch of holds that were missed, that goes both ways--I saw the Bills o-linemen doing some holding that wasn't called.

While I am the first to complain about the pro-Pats* officiating, I thought the game was called pretty well yesterday.

Whitner and Corner mugged those Patriot* receivers in the endzone--it was embarassing. Those were good calls. The one Welker got tangled at the feet, the other pure bull as there was nothing that should have been called

And while there were a bunch of holds that were missed, that goes both ways--I saw the Bills o-linemen doing some holding that wasn't called. Light mugged Schobel non stop in that game or else Brady would have been on his ass many times.

The PAts fans in front of me were complaining about how bad the officiating was, as it was taking away from the game.

Brady is an embarrassment to himself.

Every time that p%$^y gets touched he is glaring at the ref(s) and/or chirping at the refs for a call.

I almost jumped through my TV when i saw Tom Brady look at the official when Schobel fell at his feet. Honestly are you that much of a(an) (insert word here_____) to every time someone touches you, you have to B*t** about it to the ref to get a penalty. As you can see im still pi$$ed!!! :ph34r::wallbash::lol:

I almost jumped through my TV when i saw Tom Brady look at the official when Schobel fell at his feet. Honestly are you that much of a(an) (insert word here_____) to every time someone touches you, you have to B*t** about it to the ref to get a penalty. As you can see im still pi$$ed!!! :ph34r::wallbash::lol:

It was the exact type of play that Brady injured his knee. It was also the exact type of play that got the rule which disallows defenders diving at the QB at or below his knees (i.e., the Brady rule). In those cases where Brady is whining about it...he knows the rules and is just trying to get an extra 15 yards. As much as we hate that wuss, we'd be just as ok with it if the Bills QB was doing the same whining.

There were some clear missed calls & non-calls yesterday, but I don't think the refs affected the outcome.

I thought the PI calls were legit for the most part, but am still shaking my head at the obvious hold on Schobel that didn't get called and am also a bit incredulous on the false start on the TD that was called well after the play was run and over, unlike 99% of false starts which prevent a play from even being run. It just seems that all the flags are little bit "late" whenever we play these guys--ie., let's see if we need to throw a flag to stop a good play here.....