Trent deserves better...

Pozitive51

We have seen Losman, Bledsoe, Collins, Johnson and Flutie leave this team in the past decade. I felt all of these QBs had seen their course with the team and we had seen enough. In summary we knew what they were capable of and it was time to move on.

I dont feel the same about Edwards. He is better than his production and has been dragged down because of the support system around him. If he leaves the Bills next year there is very little doubt that he will flourish elsewhere. I dont think he is a Pro Bowler but he is better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league. There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards. Today's game frames the situation. He sits for four weeks behind a journeyman at best....and gets sacked twice because of a turnstile O-line. If this front office had done NOTHING with last years o-line Edwards would have had a chance to springboard this year.

Edwards deserves far better than this BS.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

Today was a microcosm of his career in Buffalo. He comes in for 3 plays, 2 bad sacks, one pass that didn't cross the LOS, gets injured and is done. Unfortunately, when I think of Trent Edwards that's pretty much what he's done here.

Really?

Today was a microcosm of his career in Buffalo. He comes in for 3 plays, 2 bad sacks, one pass that didn't cross the LOS, gets injured and is done. Unfortunately, when I think of Trent Edwards that's pretty much what he's done here.

Excellently worded. When he came in I thought: "This is it Trent, this is your chance to prove to people that you aren't a fragile, scared QB that is afraid to throw the ball, your last chance to be the QB of this team." 3 snaps, 2 sacks and Captain Glass Checkdown is out of the game.

The Trent Edwards Era is OVER. The irony is he'll probably be in the UFL next year like JP.

Bad sacks? He didnt have enough time for the first read to develop! What our front office did to the offensive line this year is ridiculous. Eight starting combinations.. street free agents are being signed on Wednesday and starting on Sunday. This just doesnt happen on other teams. We have had the worst O-line in the NFL with the most inconsistency, to say this hasn't drastically effected the play of our QB is crazy.

We will see -- I wouldnt be surprised if the new coach and front office goes with Edwards next year. I think he is respected around the league and football people know he hasnt had a chance this past year.

Bad sacks? He didnt have enough time for the first read to develop! What our front office did to the offensive line this year is ridiculous. Eight starting combinations.. street free agents are being signed on Wednesday and starting on Sunday. This just doesnt happen on other teams. We have had the worst O-line in the NFL with the most inconsistency, to say this hasn't drastically effected the play of our QB is crazy.

We will see -- I wouldnt be surprised if the new coach and front office goes with Edwards next year. I think he is respected around the league and football people know he hasnt had a chance this past year.

;):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HE SUCKS. HE HAS SHOWN NOTHING THIS YEAR REGARDLESS OF O-LINE. Watch the Steelers-Packers game...Rodgers is practically on his arse every play and yet he's STILL making plays.

Enough with the tired excuses. Captain Checkdown is done as a starter. He's barely CFL material.

I dont think he is a Pro Bowler but he is better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league. There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards.

Personally, for whatever reason, I think Edwards lost whatever mojo he might've had when he got his bell rung in Arizona and was then joined to the hip to Dick Jauron, Buffalo's Caspar Milquetoast. Who knows what might've been had that not happened, I'll go for that, but to say "many playoff teams" have less talented QBs than Edwards .... wow, I'm not sure his own family would go that far.

But he's had chances to prove himself, this year and two years before. He is very inconsistant to say the least, he's scared to throw the ball more than 3 yards, has terrible pocket awareness, and not to mention a terrible leader. This guy is a back up at best.

Nine starting combinations, now. The line is a joke; no one could be successful behind that.

Still...anyone who still thinks Edwards is a viable option for this team is delusional. Any confidence and potential he may have had has been beaten out of him by this franchise. It's not so much a question of whether or not he sucks, as much as admitting he's simply done.

We have seen Losman, Bledsoe, Collins, Johnson and Flutie leave this team in the past decade. I felt all of these QBs had seen their course with the team and we had seen enough. In summary we knew what they were capable of and it was time to move on.

I dont feel the same about Edwards. He is better than his production and has been dragged down because of the support system around him. If he leaves the Bills next year there is very little doubt that he will flourish elsewhere. I dont think he is a Pro Bowler but he is better than 1/2 of the QBs in this league. There are many playoff teams that are making it happen with less talented QB's than Edwards. Today's game frames the situation. He sits for four weeks behind a journeyman at best....and gets sacked twice because of a turnstile O-line. If this front office had done NOTHING with last years o-line Edwards would have had a chance to springboard this year.

I agree.

I hate the Captain Checkdown moniker- perhaps more than Edwards himself- but it IS true. And it has become frustrating. And I understand how the QB is the face of the franchise. And I get the whole Trent stating that he is not a fan of the Bills. Yadda, yadda, yadda. And I am Far from a Trent apologist.

But this offensive line is abysmal. Blame it on injuries, blame it on rookies. But who drafted these rookies? Whose decisions was it to blow up the offensive line, and put rookies in the place of the delicate flowers that we had as offensive linemen last season? Who refused to sign veterans, until injuries forced the need to pick up any competent replacement? Who failed to provide the right depth? Who failed to have a practice squad with development players on it (like Bell and Meredith)?

I contend that if Trent was playing behind the Patriots offensive line, he would look good, have no trouble hitting his receivers deep, and would be capable of leading his team to the playoffs.

Guest dog14787

I'm glad at least some folks see the situation for what it really is and to dislike a Bills player so much you throw all logic out the window in an effort to bash your own teams player is really pathetic in my opinion.

It is BS, just like our Coaching and FO, typical Buffalo BS ;)

I agree.

I hate the Captain Checkdown moniker- perhaps more than Edwards himself- but it IS true. And it has become frustrating. And I understand how the QB is the face of the franchise. And I get the whole Trent stating that he is not a fan of the Bills. Yadda, yadda, yadda. And I am Far from a Trent apologist.

But this offensive line is abysmal. Blame it on injuries, blame it on rookies. But who drafted these rookies? Whose decisions was it to blow up the offensive line, and put rookies in the place of the delicate flowers that we had as offensive linemen last season? Who refused to sign veterans, until injuries forced the need to pick up any competent replacement? Who failed to provide the right depth? Who failed to have a practice squad with development players on it (like Bell and Meredith)?

I contend that if Trent was playing behind the Patriots offensive line, he would look good, have no trouble hitting his receivers deep, and would be capable of leading his team to the playoffs.

really? isnt it still possible that tom brady might not be able to lead that team into the playoffs

Guest dog14787
Nine starting combinations, now. The line is a joke; no one could be successful behind that.

Still...anyone who still thinks Edwards is a viable option for this team is delusional. Any confidence and potential he may have had has been beaten out of him by this franchise. It's not so much a question of whether or not he sucks, as much as admitting he's simply done.

Speaking of delusional, stop talking about yourself their chief.