Chad Ochocinco plans to wear Henry's number 15 jersey on Sunday

dtgolder

Like him or not Chad is stylish. He gets extra publicity every time the NFL oddly and out of all proportion fines him. Everything he is paying in fines and matching funds will be coming back to him post playing career. Like Neon Dieon, I see his exploits now translating into a good announcer gig on an nfl show, and the more publicity now.....

And I do find Ochocinco refreshing.

Good for him bad for Goodell who is made to look doubly foolish by Chad's matching the fine each time with disdain.

And this is the last hoorah for Chris what's his name, if chad can make him be more remembered by wearing his number, more power to him. Other than that the guy was pretty forgettable overall.

It made me think of when Mike Nolan wanted to wear a suit to honor the coaching profession and his father, Dick Nolan who like most coaches of that era, wore a suit on the sidelines. Of course the NFL prohibited it until they could have Nike design a suit for coaches. He and Jack Del Rio were permitted to wear the Nike-designed suits for two games. Meanwhile, Belichick walks around in a hoodie with cutoff sleeves.

They need to set a minimum standard for coaches clothing. If they can dictate how high a players socks need to be, they can tell coaches no hobo looking outfits on the sidelines.

They need to set a minimum standard for coaches clothing. If they can dictate how high a players socks need to be, they can tell coaches no hobo looking outfits on the sidelines.

my thoughts exactly, a coach can't wear a suit and look professional, but can look like they came straight out of the trailer park? and the nfl shouldn't keep ocho cinco down, the league needs a few characters, and he just wants to pay tribute to someone, not bribe a referee

This IS typical NFL. Remember when the NFL said no to Peyton Manning on wearing the high tops to honor Johnny Unitas? Roger Goodell is a terrible commissioner and is the biggest violator of his own conduct policy. He may be one of the worst commissioners in the history of sport

Two words >> Gary Bettman

Everything Chad Johnson does is about one thing, drawing attention to Chad Johnson.

If I really wanted to pay a tribute he should show up, play and not doing anything during the game that gives anyone any reason to say anything about him. Allowing people to talk about the game and Chris Henry is far more tribute then the Johnson sideshow.

Exactly right. Chris Henry has college and pro teammates through out the NFL. It was a foregone conclusion which one was going to be vying for the most attention.

It was never an option for Johnson to fall in line with the rest of Henry's mourning teammates.

Exactly right. Chris Henry has college and pro teammates through out the NFL. It was a foregone conclusion which one was going to be vying for the most attention.

It was never an option for Johnson to fall in line with the rest of Henry's mourning teammates.

Pile sums it up best.

Look, while Henry was in the process of suffering what would prove to be a fatal head injury, the "fun loving" Chad was on a conference call to SD reporters telling them this, regarding Merriman:

"I will beat Shawne's head in, right now," he said. "It's not even fun. This is not in fun. This is personal. Bring it on.

Nice!

Anyone who believes that Chad Johnson is good for the League or that putting on a poncho and sombrero after a rare TD is "refreshing" must still be giggling over the "Where's the Beef" line in the old Wendy's commercials.

Anyway, Ochodouchebag has chickened out. He won't wear someone else's jersey in his team's inevitable loss today. Likely his coach told him, again, to STFU and be a man today.

They'll fine him, and they should.. the NFL doesn't mind one bit, that he wants to honor his fallen teammate. But, he doesn't have to do it in such a way that it will piss-off the NFL or draw attention to Chad Johnson. Just wear that black number 15 patch, like all the others Bengals will be doing.

To this I say...BS. A couple years ago the league wouldn't allow Manning to wear black hightops to honor Unitas, now this. WTF do they think they are, the NCAA?

This is the first non-Chadcentric act that I've seen from the guy (obviously I know little of him outside of his antics) and I applaud his choice.

NFLPA will pay his fine, good for them too.

To this I say...BS. A couple years ago the league wouldn't allow Manning to wear black hightops to honor Unitas, now this. WTF do they think they are, the NCAA?

This is the first non-Chadcentric act that I've seen from the guy (obviously I know little of him outside of his antics) and I applaud his choice.

NFLPA will pay his fine, good for them too.

This was a "non-Chadcentric act"?? Do you mean that the rest of Henry's teammates got together and voted Chad to be the one who would so honor Hennry?

The NFL prohibits the NFLPA from paying players' fines.

Anyway, as stated above, Ocho has decided not to wear the jersey.

This was a "non-Chadcentric act"?? Do you mean that the rest of Henry's teammates got together and voted Chad to be the one who would so honor Hennry?

The NFL prohibits the NFLPA from paying players' fines.

Anyway, as stated above, Ocho has decided not to wear the jersey.

Anyway...I prefer to see the world as I do. You enjoy yours.

Yes...non-Chadcentric. Something to honor a fallen teammate, a friend, a brother if you will. I carry a picture of my parents in my wallet. Should I check with my two brothers to see if it's OK? Vote? Really?

Do you give him any 'credit' for this:

"It's becoming more of a distraction for myself and my team," Ochocinco texted. "Chris wouldn't want it to go the way it is.

"It can turn into a big negative if we don't perform the way we should. I'll have his jersey in hand throughout the entire game."

Pile sums it up best.

Look, while Henry was in the process of suffering what would prove to be a fatal head injury, the "fun loving" Chad was on a conference call to SD reporters telling them this, regarding Merriman:

Nice!

Anyone who believes that Chad Johnson is good for the League or that putting on a poncho and sombrero after a rare TD is "refreshing" must still be giggling over the "Where's the Beef" line in the old Wendy's commercials.

Anyway, Ochodouchebag has chickened out. He won't wear someone else's jersey in his team's inevitable loss today. Likely his coach told him, again, to STFU and be a man today.

Those comments were made atleast a day or 2 before this happened to Henry

Bad Chad for not using his future telling/time machine to find out what was going to happen to a teammate and not make a comment that is completly unrelated that the haters and media can use against him.

Chad has not done anything to "embarass" the league, and his antics are kept "in-game" or about the game. He isn't going out and getting into legal trouble.

like I said before, soon the league is going to require that fans settle down and everyone "Golf Clap" when big plays happen.

Everyone complains when players do things that treat the game like a buisness and holdout for money, demand new contracts, etc. but yet they bash a guy who is just having fun and treating the game like a GAME

As for Chad, its sad that the NFL fines him for having fun playing the game. Nothing he does is hurtful to anyone else or disrespect the game.

If all players did it the game would be a circus hence rules to keep self expression within league defined limits. The bigger the player, the more the responsibility to follow the rules.

Those comments were made atleast a day or 2 before this happened to Henry

Bad Chad for not using his future telling/time machine to find out what was going to happen to a teammate and not make a comment that is completly unrelated that the haters and media can use against him.

Chad has not done anything to "embarass" the league, and his antics are kept "in-game" or about the game. He isn't going out and getting into legal trouble.

like I said before, soon the league is going to require that fans settle down and everyone "Golf Clap" when big plays happen.

Everyone complains when players do things that treat the game like a buisness and holdout for money, demand new contracts, etc. but yet they bash a guy who is just having fun and treating the game like a GAME

Same day.