Bills tickets are too cheap

As I mentioned in another thread I was at a Raiders game last weekend. It costs $25 to park and you don't even need game day tix to do it. I wondered how many people just paid the $25 to enjoy the tailgate experience and listen the the game on the radio. Do you need to show tix to park at the Ralph on game day?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned in another thread I was at a Raiders game last weekend. It costs $25 to park and you don't even need game day tix to do it. I wondered how many people just paid the $25 to enjoy the tailgate experience and listen the the game on the radio. Do you need to show tix to park at the Ralph on game day?

Nope & I know alot of people that do that. Pay the $25 to park & not go into the game. The gameday experience at the Ralph is unique & I imagine it is why at least 50% of the season ticket holders keep renewing. I know if they cut out tailgating or had stricter policies(not opening the lots to 10 or something) I would just stay home & watch it on tv.

Nope & I know alot of people that do that. Pay the $25 to park & not go into the game. The gameday experience at the Ralph is unique & I imagine it is why at least 50% of the season ticket holders keep renewing. I know if they cut out tailgating or had stricter policies(not opening the lots to 10 or something) I would just stay home & watch it on tv.

yup

Ok then raising ticket prices will not eliminate this behavior in the parking lot.

My boys were forced to park next to a crew

It's an age thing... You are obviously getting older, and with getting older comes certain resentments of youth. I am not condoning the actions of today's youth, but this "crew" was what young people are doing...they are young, a little crazy, have been partying all weekend....I don't know about you, but I can relate. I have gotten older, and used my semester at ECC and now have a job in management at a 9-5, and a mortgage, and a son, with another on the way...Ob la di, Ob la da.

I am 30. I listen to hip hop, and whether it is Bob Dylan, Jay-Z, or Charles Mingus, I play it loud. You can almost assure that I will be listening to something a little loud on gameday... I wouldn't blast you for listening to Genesis (Phil Collins era) or your favorite Yes album...it's your thing, do what you want to do.

I do not have a chinstrap beard, just a full manly sort of beard, but I do have a Lynch jersey, actually two. They go with my 2 Poz, Whitner, Edwards, Milloy, 2 Kelly, Thomas, B. Smith, TO, 2 Lee, Jackson and Maybin jerseys. I could wear my Lacoste or Polo to the Ralph, but it is a football game, so I go for a jersey.

Funnels beers.... Now, I personally don't drink....this makes some of the obnoxious drunks more obnoxious, but it's their thing.... as much as you would like to think that crew wanted to "hang" with you...probably not. They were partying with their friends...I am sure somebody had to have partied at Yale when you were there.

You did say that they were in their early 20's, and while they may not be as sophisticated as you were in your 20's, I for one find it refreshing that the youth is into the Bills.

The Ralph is not an exclusive club, and when it is, it will lose it's charm. You could go to the Yacht club, sip on an aged scoth eat some humus, all while enjoying the game in a quiet, sophisticated, smoke free environment. The best part is, they can charge you as much as you would like!!!!

I think the Bills being such an integrated part of the community is great. Even as I get older, and realize I am not going to bring my 2 year old to a game for quite a while, I think it is nice to see youth embracing the Bills. It would be a lot easier to like the Pats* or Steelers or whatever, especially in this age of information, where you can watch all the games anywhere, but they suffer with us... At the end of the day, if you're a Bills fan, we are on the same team. I am in Erie, and the Bills following here has all but disappeared. We need to stick together, not get petty.

If raising the price of tickets helps us get better players, let's do it, but if you think $10-$20/ ticket keeps out the youth, rething this plan. Also realize what it would do to the displaced worker who is your age, or older, that once was firmly entrenched int he middle class, that has been laid off, and now one of their only joys is putting on their Zubaz and coming to the Ralph....

I am sure you will bash this post, as that is where you are coming from. I hope that you at least take one second and realize YOU were kind of being the d-bag here... I am sure you wouldn't admit it, but I hope for 1 second this message reaches you up there in your perch above all of the commoners...

Thanks for your time, I know it is valuable, and I am flattered that you could check into TBD between phone calls from The President, and The Pope.

:thumbsup:

Phenomenal post, and a great response to a myopic thought. Clearly time has passed this individual by. And $10 -20 bucks a seat isn't going to change the popular culture.

Ok then raising ticket prices will not eliminate this behavior in the parking lot.

I have been going to the games for 15yrs now. There is nothing wrong with the behavior in the parking lot, at least not where I park(lot 5 off of southwestern.) If you do not like drinking & do not like being in a party atmosphere the bills games are probably not for you.

:thumbsup:

Phenomenal post, and a great response to a myopic thought. Clearly time has passed this individual by. And $10 -20 bucks a seat isn't going to change the popular culture.

Time has passed me by? So if you were parked next to a group of kids crankin R&B loud, you would be cool with them?

I have been going to the games for 15yrs now. There is nothing wrong with the behavior in the parking lot, at least not where I park(lot 5 off of southwestern.) If you do not like drinking & do not like being in a party atmosphere the bills games are probably not for you.

As I mentioned the atmosphere at the Raiders game is the same and probably at every NFL stadium. Don't like it, stay home. Hell I typically don't drink on "school nights" and even I got liquored up and roudy last Sunday.

They are quite cheap. I have Season's and when friends ask how much they are and I tell them, their response is often, "that's it?"

I would have no problem paying an extra $10-$20 per game. So long as that money goes directly into signing better players and staff.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Well seeing you're calling it R&B I'd say time passed you by about 30 years ago. :thumbsup:

Listen smart guy, I'm not talking about rhythm & blues in the classic James Brown sense. I'm talking about music sung generally by male African-American singers, who sing about love to a slow beat. Surely, you must know what I'm talking about. I think I see what's going on here- I think a lot of the people I was talking about in my original post are posters on 2BD. If you can't wrap your arms around the concept that by having lower ticket prices, you open your doors to a lower common denominator of football fan, then I'm not sure how else to explain it. And no, you're wrong, every stadium doesn't have the idiots that you see at Bills games (at least not as many of them). Go to a Chiefs game sometime, it's adults having a kick-ass tailgate, complete with a great grill scene, drinking in excess. You just don't get the young punks you get at Bills games. Out.

I understand what you are saying. But it is possible to have a "party atmosphere" without having all kinds of drunken !@#$s trying to start fights and puking over the guardrails at noon. Just sayin'.

I understand what you are saying. But it is possible to have a "party atmosphere" without having all kinds of drunken !@#$s trying to start fights and puking over the guardrails at noon. Just sayin'.

Thank you. I think people that have never traveled to see the Bills at other stadiums assume that it occurs at every stadium, which it does not. It's novel, and I like taking people who have never been to a Bills game so they can see it, but when you're parked next to these kids, it's annoying.

Thank you. I think people that have never traveled to see the Bills at other stadiums assume that it occurs at every stadium, which it does not. It's novel, and I like taking people who have never been to a Bills game so they can see it, but when you're parked next to these kids, it's annoying.

Yes but they are in the minority. I took my 10 year old son to his first game last season and we got there early to go to a well known friends tailgate. Most of the people were fine. And a group of multi-year regulars at the tailgate went out of their way to make sure he had enough food etc. and that he was having a good time. I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. Then during the festivities we were getting some food and a obviously overly intoxicated guy staggered to the back of the car and proceeded to puke his guts out over the guardrail. In full view of not only us but lots of others making their way to the stadium at the time. Would I have preferred my son not see that particular performance? Of course. But for every person puking there are at least 10 very nice people having a good time and sharing a Bills tailgate experience.

And $10 -20 bucks a seat isn't going to change the popular culture.

I sure hope the "popular culture" isn't going to games and drinking to the point where you have no clue as to what's going on, have to get up frequently to run back and forth to the bathroom and annoy those 'round you, and generally act like an a**. If that is truly the "popular culture", it needs to change.

If you think behaviour is unique to Buffalo you being naive.