Bills tickets are too cheap

This is like the chicken or the egg. I think they need to raise prices so they could offer better pay to players who know how to win games. I think if they bite the bullet and raise ticket prices they may suffer in the short run but make up for it later down the road. I have been a season ticket holder for six years now and I would much rather pay $10 -$20 more per seat than waste my time seeing a crappy team on the cheap. :thumbsup:

ticket prices have no bearing whatsoever on what teams can pay players. Player salaries, which are restricted by the salary cap anyway, are more than covered by TV revenues....ticket prices haven't had an effect on player salaries since before the merger...so you're about 40 years behind the times.

you can never price the douche bags out...just end up with richer jerks

richer jerks and less blue collar fans. People thinking that having more money makes you a better person are beyond ignorant. I know people at the games who make more than twice what I make who regularly start trouble, get thrown out, and are generally obnoxious.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

richer jerks and less blue collar fans. People thinking that having more money makes you a better person are beyond ignorant. I know people at the games who make more than twice what I make who regularly start trouble, get thrown out, and are generally obnoxious.

The biggest D-bag I ever had in my class was a millionaire frat boy. I know this because he constantly brought it up. Meanwhile the dirt poor barely literate (believe it or not the barely literate get to go to college in Oklahoma) were always just the nicest most polite and respectful cats out there. Those who can buy themselves out of trouble tend to be trouble.

i say lower the tickets to $10 and flood the stands with the real fans. And yes, I'm (mostly) kidding

I live out of town and I go to a few games a year (I'm going on Sunday), but my brothers and a bunch of my friends have seasons and I enjoy hearing their stories of a particular type of fan. How prevalent is the following type of dude at the stadium:

Either a McGahee or a Lynch jersey

chinstrap beard

smokes cigarettes (probably menthols)

early 20's

rolls up in a crew of similar dudes and blasts R&B out of an SUV

funnels beers

maybe pukes

talks s*** to opposing fans and willing to fight, but couldn't tell you anything about the Bills pre-Bledsoe

Folks, are Bills tickets too cheap? These Buffalo lifers who went to ECC for a semester before retiring the books for good and work at a hardware store in Lancaster, while living with their parents and crashing high school parties on the weekends should not be able to afford season tickets in an NFL city. If the Bills are going to stay here, we have to show that we can sell out even if tickets aren't by far the cheapest in the league.

Side note: My boys were forced to park next to a crew like this at the Miami game and they immediately pulled back out of the parking lot and told the guy to park them somewhere else and he said they couldn't do that. Then my brother said, look at these d-bags, we're not parking next to them for the next four hours and the attendant looked at them and said, OK you may have a point and moved them.

You get what you pay for.

I'd gladly play $20 bucks more a ticket if they made the playoffs as often as the patriots.

:thumbsup:

And if someone is blasting **** right next to you that you don't like walk over and tell them to turn it down. What a bunch of !@#$ing pussies.

I had some meatball ask me to turn off the Birthday Party cd my friends and I were playing once. not too loud just too obnoxious, he said (in that way intoxicated football fans are able to break everything down into you/something you like being "gay"). We just told him to keep walking.

moral: music will always annoy someone...especially fancy college punks with terrible music taste. but isn't that why we go to the game?

though I do wish people could control themselves while drinking...and maybe not go nuts with the bass, but whatever.

some prefer tvs and grills. i prefer music and grills.

its basically common sense and courtesy. dont blast it enough to bother others.

The common sense and courtesy is by far the norm. Everyone is there to have a good time and most have respect for others. The best part of tailgating IMO, is walking around and hanging out with different fans. I prefer football pre-games at mine but I might like the music scene at yours.

MY MOST COMMON COMPLAINT:

(never been hit but see it all the time)

I love to toss a football around while tailgating but watch where your throwing it. I hate seeing footballs bouncing off of other people's faces, quarter panels, and grills. Most people don't come anywhere near hitting somebody but there is always a couple idiots. It's usually two drunk goofs that throw the ugliest ball and are trying to hook up on a 40 yard streak. It never fails either. The two clowns come dangerously close a dozen times before something gets clipped.

So if you throw a 20 yard duck 9 out of 10 times....... don't throw it over the heads of 3 tailgate parties. :thumbsup:

The common sense and courtesy is by far the norm. Everyone is there to have a good time and most have respect for others. The best part of tailgating IMO, is walking around and hanging out with different fans. I prefer football pre-games at mine but I might like the music scene at yours.

MY MOST COMMON COMPLAINT:

(never been hit but see it all the time)

I love to toss a football around while tailgating but watch where your throwing it. I hate seeing footballs bouncing off of other people's faces, quarter panels, and grills. Most people don't come anywhere near hitting somebody but there is always a couple idiots. It's usually two drunk goofs that throw the ugliest ball and are trying to hook up on a 40 yard streak. It never fails either. The two clowns come dangerously close a dozen times before something gets clipped.

So if you throw a 20 yard duck 9 out of 10 times....... don't throw it over the heads of 3 tailgate parties. :thumbsup:

i thought fitz and trent were supposed to be practicing on the field???? lol

j/k i like fitz.

If you think behaviour is unique to Buffalo you being naive.

Traveling yesterday, just re-visited this and I can't believe I'm actually getting involved in this again, but...

Yeah, that's exactly what I said, there are NO annoying human beings at other NFL stadiums. Listen, don't put words in my mouth. If you don't think that there are more young, obnoxious drunk punks at Bills games than at other stadiums, then the only logical conclusion one could possibly make would be that you have never been to another NFL stadium. I myself have been to seven. I'm really starting to think that a lot of these guys I'm talking about also post on 2BD. Some people knew exactly what I was talking about right away, but most of you are living in this Buffalo bubble and need to travel a little bit. And if you want to say hi tom'w, my bro is the only one in the stadium who rocks a Phil Hansen jersey every week. He's 6'4". If you see him, I'm the one with the beard and the big blue carhartt next to him.

Traveling yesterday, just re-visited this and I can't believe I'm actually getting involved in this again, but...

Yeah, that's exactly what I said, there are NO annoying human beings at other NFL stadiums. Listen, don't put words in my mouth. If you don't think that there are more young, obnoxious drunk punks at Bills games than at other stadiums, then the only logical conclusion one could possibly make would be that you have never been to another NFL stadium. I myself have been to seven. I'm really starting to think that a lot of these guys I'm talking about also post on 2BD. Some people knew exactly what I was talking about right away, but most of you are living in this Buffalo bubble and need to travel a little bit. And if you want to say hi tom'w, my bro is the only one in the stadium who rocks a Phil Hansen jersey every week. He's 6'4". If you see him, I'm the one with the beard and the big blue carhartt next to him.

I think people were just giving you a hard time. Buffalo as a whole has had an above average amount of alcohol related instances over the years. I've been to quite a few college/pro stadiums and I have to say the Ralph is in the running for the most drunk and lewd. As a 30 year old who goes with friends, I enjoy the **** show. I can see how some might be turned off to it though.

HBO's Real Sports did a special on drinking at NFL games. For once Buffalo found itself in the forefront of national exposure. Here's another article chronicling some of the Ralph charm http://www.opinionjournal.com/la/?id=110010740

Like I said, it doesn't make my experience any different but I'm not going to pretend it's not present.