Defensive Rookie of the Year?

Who's been the NFL's best rookie?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Byrd Man or Orakpo?

• Jairus Byrd
    • Brian Orakpo
    • Other

I'd give my vote to Cushing, but all three have been very good. I'm just glad we got one of them.

Wow, I didn't realize what a great season Cushing was having...probably will finish the season with about 140 tackles.

I still think Byrd and Orakpo are candidates #1 and #2 for the award, but I should've given Cushing some love when creating the poll.

Wow, I didn't realize what a great season Cushing was having...probably will finish the season with about 140 tackles.

I still think Byrd and Orakpo are candidates #1 and #2 for the award, but I should've given Cushing some love when creating the poll.

I wonder how many interceptions Byrd would have if he played in every game this year?

No Aaron Maybin and his "explosive first step"??? :thumbsup:

Living in Virginia I'm forced to watch the 'Skins. Since they put Orakpo in on mostly passing downs with both hands in the dirt he is almost unstoppable. He uses a bull rush, double spin moves, stunts and speed around the edge. I am sick of debating the Orakpo vs. Maybin people who love Maybins "potential". Pure BS. Orakpo is the real deal, a stud defender who will only get better. Who ever picked Maybin, and I'm sure Fewell was down with it, should be sent over the falls in a barrell. We could of had Orakpo and Byrd...WOW!

I think Orakpo could end up pulling away from the rest if he ends up with 15 sacks this year, which is very realistic. If Byrd would've played every game he would've likely broken the NFL record for INT's, but I just think Orakpo will finish strong and end up winning the award.

I know George had to get his but dang, I wish he would have let Bird get number two against the Chiefs

You can't begrudge a guy his money. THat extra int is worth a lot of money when it is contract time, to Wilson.

Whether he is selling his services to Bufffalo or somewhere else that extra INT is going to directly affect his bottom lline value.

Sentimental does not play into it where money is involved.

Living in Virginia I'm forced to watch the 'Skins. Since they put Orakpo in on mostly passing downs with both hands in the dirt he is almost unstoppable. He uses a bull rush, double spin moves, stunts and speed around the edge. I am sick of debating the Orakpo vs. Maybin people who love Maybins "potential". Pure BS. Orakpo is the real deal, a stud defender who will only get better. Who ever picked Maybin, and I'm sure Fewell was down with it, should be sent over the falls in a barrell. We could of had Orakpo and Byrd...WOW!

Do we really need the barrel?

Orakpo