Owens on Philly Radio?

crusoe

I got this from a friend who lives in Philly: "TO was on the Philly sports radio on Thursday and basically said he enjoyed his time in Phila better than his time in Buffalo and wants to back in Phila next year!"

I think he was just giving me a load, but wanted to see if anyone else could confirm or deny hearing this -- I saw nothing on threads here or in the news...

Guest dog14787
I got this from a friend who lives in Philly: "TO was on the Philly sports radio on Thursday and basically said he enjoyed his time in Phila better than his time in Buffalo and wants to back in Phila next year!"

I think he was just giving me a load, but wanted to see if anyone else could confirm or deny hearing this -- I saw nothing on threads here or in the news...

I used to question Donavan Mcnabbs and Tony Romo's leadership abilities because of the way T.O.'s personality had taken over the team figuring any good leader should be able to handle T.O. , but I was wrong,

No way the Eagles want T.O. back, they'd be fools

TE couldn't even stay on the same playing field with T.O. ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...illy-love-fest/

He's already gotten a little crap about the stupid statement he made on the radio on Twitter, too

most likely he just wants to be on another good team, and is trying to mend fences. at this point he would love to take any job that wasnt DET OAK BUF STL CLE TB. He probably cant go back to the cowboys, so he is talking up philly and SF in the news. It has less to do with loving Philly, and more to do with TO winning football games

most likely he just wants to be on another good team, and is trying to mend fences. at this point he would love to take any job that wasnt DET OAK BUF STL CLE TB. He probably cant go back to the cowboys, so he is talking up philly and SF in the news. It has less to do with loving Philly, and more to do with TO winning football games

No good team would want him.

PTR

Really a non issue to me....he said he enjoyed Eagles fans more then Buffalo. Also saying though he enjoys the Bills fans. The dude is entitled to an opinion and after spending so many more years in PHLA and being successful there I would expect him to say that.

Really a non issue to me....he said he enjoyed Eagles fans more then Buffalo. Also saying though he enjoys the Bills fans. The dude is entitled to an opinion and after spending so many more years in PHLA and being successful there I would expect him to say that.

Come on, the fans there hated him and he knows this. He didn't "enjoy" this. No one would. He's just making more stuff up for the "media" that "is out to get him".

Owens finished with a mere three catches for 45 yards, a scowling presence on the sidelines for much of a second half of Philadelphia domination.

Owens, booed relentlessly by an Eagles crowd who blame him for destroying their team's morale from within last year, also dropped two passes, and for once, seemed prepared to accept some of the blame for his side's shortcomings.

http://noolmusic.com/videos/eagles_fans_sa...rrell_owens.php

I was not happy with TO coming here originally, but have been forced to watch him this year. Basically, he has conducted himself as a PRO.......and my opionion of him is now positive. OK, he was not all world, but in this offense, he did what he could. OK, a few drops........but a few good plays as well. All in all, just an old PRO on the downside, but still valueable and useful. :thumbsup:

Dude, you don't say that you like another team's fans more than the team you're currently playing on, whether you think it or not. He acts like he's a major leaguer who has to stick it out in the minors for a year before a big league club calls him back up (which I guess is kind of the case)- but still, you have to show respect for the people that ultimately pay your salary- THE FANS! F** TO

Has the guy ever said that he loves playing in Buffalo for the Bills?!? I was hoping that he would embrace the community like the community embraced him. Instead, he is collecting his pay check and "keeping his options open." There is no commitment on his end. It is doubtful that he will be with the Bills next year (unless it is a place of last resort).

It is a real shame. I was very optimistic before the season. He is a good player who plays great if he feels like it. He also still has the dropsies.

Dude, you don't say that you like another team's fans more than the team you're currently playing on, whether you think it or not. He acts like he's a major leaguer who has to stick it out in the minors for a year before a big league club calls him back up (which I guess is kind of the case)- but still, you have to show respect for the people that ultimately pay your salary- THE FANS! F** TO

TO loves him some TO. Period. End of story.

He could have been huge in Buffalo if he played it right. The funny thing is that that he and Donovan had their falling out when Donovan had the audicity to suggest that the Eagles could win the SB without him.

Has the guy ever said that he loves playing in Buffalo for the Bills?!? I was hoping that he would embrace the community like the community embraced him. Instead, he is collecting his pay check and "keeping his options open." There is no commitment on his end. It is doubtful that he will be with the Bills next year (unless it is a place of last resort).

It is a real shame. I was very optimistic before the season. He is a good player who plays great if he feels like it. He also still has the dropsies.

A guy that is used to having a winning record most seasons probably does not actually enjoy what he is going through with the Bills right now. He has, however, stated multiple times that Buffalo (I'm assuming the area in general) has been great to him. He gets along with his teammates and probably has made quite a few friends here. Additionally, he has brought his annual charity endeavors here as well.

He has proven, especially with his statement about Philly vs. Buffalo fans, that he really does speak the truth. He's not gonna go out of his way to gush about his time playing for the Bills when he's having his worst statistical season, with no quality QB, uncertainties with the head coach, and dealing with having a new offensive coordinator before the season opener.

That all being said - I hope he gives us another shot and one more year.

I think they should cut him. Play Hardy and Johnson and get these guys some game time experience.

Cut him? He has been a touchdown machine for the Bills of late. (Regarding the Bills, a touchdown machine is anyone who averages 1/2 touchdown per game. In New Orleans, the definition is anyone averaging 2 touchdowns per game.)

Besides, if we had cut him before last Sunday's game, there goes 15 of our 86 yards in the air. And he got those 15 with only 2 catches. Do you want to ruin our chances of winning the last three games?