Guest dog14787

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's stats:

Owens, 2 catches for 15 yards.

Evans, 1 catch for 11 yards.

I'd hardly call that "far more with far less." And that interception in the endzone was probably the worst pass I've ever seen a pro QB make, and that includes Aaron Brooks and Babe Laufenberg.

and yet the Bills won. how is that any different from Brian Moorman throwing the Bills longest pass -- a 25 yarder -- in a game Trent threw for 156 yards and no scores in a 27-7 loss to Saints. Or, the 14-of-25 for 128 yards outing against Pats to close last season. or the 268 yards Trent combined for in back to back losses to New England and Cleveland last year. or the 152 yards he managed in a 6-3 loss to Cleveland this year.

as for interceptions, what about the one Trent threw into the flats down near the goal line against Dallas two years ago. or the stretch of 6 interceptions in four games he endured this year.

again, this is a game about winning, and the Bills have proven this season that they can win more with Fitzpatrick. that is not up for debate.

no buts ....

jw

Trent Edwards has the physical skills to play QB in the NFL. Ryan Fitzpatrick does not and never will.

I don't know whether Trent will one day overcome his (physical/psychological) problems, but even if your intention was to trade him, a few good starts and you might move up one or two rounds on draft day. If Trent played yesterday we maybe win going away.

Fewell can't stand up to TO and therefore feels that RF gives the Bills the best chance of winning.

As for Donte, the only thing he is good at is running his mouth (notice the angle he took on Jamal Charles' TD yesterday?). Would like to see his ass run out of Buffalo.

If Trent shows up as a backup on another team with a good coaching staff and maybe an offensive lineman or two, I will be interested to see what he does.

Guest dog14787
dog:

you're right. it's all pure speculation.

hamdan was cut because the Bills went out and signed Brohm

don't know if T.O. stabbed anyone in the back, there were some already questioning Edwards' play well before he was benched. Donte Whitner all but said it publicly when voicing his support for Vick.

Fitz has worse numbers than Edwards, and yet has more wins than Edwards this year. he's doing far more with far less.

and really, when you think about this all objectively, Fitzpatrick's ability to at least target T.O. and Lee is what this offense was supposed to be about, not checkdowns to RBs out of the backfield and 2-yard dumps to TEs.

hey, i thought Edwards had potential a while ago, and decided to judge him on the basis of how he'd do with the Evans/T.O. combination this season. it didn't work. and if a QB can't do something with that combo, well, not likely that QB is starter-worthy.

no buts ...

jw

Thanks for the input jw,

Trying to judge any QB playing behind our O-line and offensive coaching staff over the last few years is somewhat pointless don't you think.

With all due respect jw, just because Fitz won a couple of games he clearly should have lost is that a good reason to start him over the better QB?

Thanks for the input jw,

Trying to judge any QB playing behind our O-line and offensive coaching staff over the last few years is somewhat pointless don't you think.

With all due respect jw, just because Fitz won a couple of games he clearly should have lost is that a good reason to start him over the better QB?

i don't know if Brohm is, in fact, the better qb. :wallbash:

jw

The O-line doesn't have to knock the DL down, just form a pocket and not get shoved up into the QB's face so he can't step into his throw. Top sports analyst speak of having proper passing lanes all the time and I agree with them and respectfully disagree with you, at 6' 1" you cannot see over top of a 6' 3" O-linemen, especially with Defensive players coming in with their hands up and mean while they're throwing your O-line around like rag dolls, it just doesn't work.

I don't have any clue if TE ultimately has the gumption to be a good qb for us or anyone else. Obviously he's not been consistently good in Buffalo. However, I think it's interesting to watch Fitzy struggle the last two games and to see Owens and Evans end up with 6 catches.

I think in some cases, a change in philosophy (and coaching) does wonders for a player. Edwards clearly struggles getting the ball downfield, but playing behind an offensive line made of swiss cheese, with a crappy run game lead by an OC who was a rookie last year, subsequently fired a couple days before opening day on the road against one of the best -coached teams of the decade, and being placed in the comforting arms of a guy who's claim to fame was that he played behind a HOF qb in Buffalo---well, I don't know, but seems like a tough task.

Bring in a good coach, someone with some pedigree, build a line and let him decide. I could care less who leads us to victory, but how about a talent evaluator with some talent take a shot at it.

I find it not coincidental that after a decade of ignoring the line, and f-ing it up when they tried to fix it, that we haven't had a qb worth a spit back there.

Fitz looked terrible yesterday, like it actually hurts him to throw the ball.

Guest dog14787
Thats not what they mean by passing lanes though. You are talking about a need for the O Line to move guys out of the way so he can see essentially. First off, the DL players are rarely standing straight up as them and the O line and DL have are playing much shorter than their hieght to get leverage, especially in the middle. Speed rushers from the outside and blitzers will tend to play taller as they are trying to run around the blocks, but none the less, the majority of the battle in front of the QB will be played lower than their height which is why QB's who are short like Garcia and Flutie can still have success in the NFL despite being short.

Passing lanes has more to do with angles, zones, etc than holes in the O Line to throw through. And, what about the fact that Fitz can see the wide open recievers despite playing behind an O Line that is worse than what Trent played behind earlier this year with all of our injuries now. If our O Line is worse now due to injuries, how come Fitz can still see the wide open WR's while Trent couldnt behind a better O line?

I'm not so sure Fitz can see the open WR any better, but Fitz is clearly more willing to play aggressive, for that I have no argument except to say playing behind a rookie O-line is starting to have an adverse effect on Fitzpatrick also because his play seems to be regressing.

Fitz has worse numbers than Edwards, and yet has more wins than Edwards this year. he's doing far more with far less.

Fitz has played in 6 games. We've won 4 and lost 2. Two of the wins came against teams with winning records. In games Trent started, we won 1 and lost 6. The win came against the horrid Tampa Bay Bucs. It's like Flutie and RJ over again. With the same team, one QB loses an one QB wins. Fitz's stats are horrible. But the only stat that really counts is Ws.

and yet the Bills won. how is that any different from Brian Moorman throwing the Bills longest pass -- a 25 yarder -- in a game Trent threw for 156 yards and no scores in a 27-7 loss to Saints. Or, the 14-of-25 for 128 yards outing against Pats to close last season. or the 268 yards Trent combined for in back to back losses to New England and Cleveland last year. or the 152 yards he managed in a 6-3 loss to Cleveland this year.

as for interceptions, what about the one Trent threw into the flats down near the goal line against Dallas two years ago. or the stretch of 6 interceptions in four games he endured this year.

again, this is a game about winning, and the Bills have proven this season that they can win more with Fitzpatrick. that is not up for debate.

no buts ....

jw

It's not any different.

That's my point: you said that Fitz has done way more with way less. He hasn't. They both suck.

Guest dog14787
Fitz has played in 6 games. We've won 4 and lost 2. Two of the wins came against teams with winning records. In games Trent started, we won 1 and lost 6. The win came against the horrid Tampa Bay Bucs. It's like Flutie and RJ over again. With the same team, one QB loses an one QB wins. Fitz's stats are horrible. But the only stat that really counts is Ws.

We can pull up career stats and Trent Edwards is better in almost all important category's including win/loss percentage. (except rushing, fumbles and interception to TD ratio)

We can pull up career stats and Trent Edwards is better in almost all important category's including win/loss percentage. (except rushing, fumbles and interception to TD ratio)

This years only stat that matters:

With the 2009 Buffalo Bills winning percentage when QB is playing

Trent Edwards 1-6

Ryan Fitzpatrick 4-2

It so hard to let go of a love gone wrong, isn't it?

Get your self a tub of Haagen Daz, put on your favorite flannel nightie and curl up on the couch to have a good cry. Then go to YouTube and play this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM3QNXaERjE

There, there, now don't you feel better?

Trent was done when he got slammed to ground by wilson

Dog you really love that dude don't ya. He is not good enough and not better than half the starting QB's in the league. You sound delusional. Look at Aaron Rodgers; plays behind a pitiful line and puts up great numbers each week. Trent has had his chances and sucked up the field....please stop. You are not a good evaluator of talent, especially at the QB position. If TE gets picked up by another team, earns a starting job and kicks ass...then I'll be wrong. I'll apologize to you for saying you should share an evening of manlove with TE to get him out of your system and then buy you a cold one. But until that happens...hold your breath and shut up!

Guest dog14787
We don't have a starting quality QB on the squad. For now we just gotta go with the guy who manages the game the best ...and that's Fitzy.

Looked to me Fitz was handcuffed in the Chiefs game and had very little to do with proper game management in my opinion, Fitz was told to hand the ball off most of the time and that's what he did.